PDA

View Full Version : Cops shoot black man

Khyron
10-27-2003, 12:43 PM
WTF is wrong with our city. A guy attacks a fucking cop with a knife and even cuts him - so the cop does exactly what we're told he'll do and shoots the stupid fool.

Now because he's black, everyone is up in arms saying "Why did you shoot him, etc". Because he ATTACKED A COP WITH A KNIFE PERHAPS? I think it's the Herald this morning saying "oh boo hoo we're not going to trust cops now that one has shot one of our race".

ARGH.

Khyron

V_boy
10-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Idiots!!!

accordboi_02
10-27-2003, 12:54 PM
I know man, it is complete :bullshit:

But also, it's good that they're looking into it; anytime a cop has to shoot someone, it should always be investigated, just in case.

I just hate how as soon as something happens to a minority, the race card is pulled.

I don't think the cops in this town are racist, and seriously, if it were a white guy trying to stab him with a knife, it would be a similar story, reading like this: "A police officer shot a white male today after he was attacked and stabbed..."

So, to get hypothetical, what happens if a black cop shoots a white guy?????
:dunno:

w3apon
10-27-2003, 01:07 PM
...becuase it gets attention from the media.
More attention means more people buying papers more people waching the news which means more ratings and $$$.
If it was white cop shoot white guy it would be a minor blurb in the papers.

sexualbanana
10-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by w3apon
...becuase it gets attention from the media.
More attention means more people buying papers more people waching the news which means more ratings and $$$.
If it was white cop shoot white guy it would be a minor blurb in the papers.

Except it wasn't the media saying it. It was the Sudanese Association.

method
10-27-2003, 01:23 PM
The media hears the sudanese association say it and they'll repeat it to no end. The news always does that crap.

It's stupid, ask any sane person: if some guy attacked you with a knife, and you had a gun, would you shoot him? if they say no, they're full of shit.

B17a
10-27-2003, 01:46 PM
They say. "why didn't the cop shoot him in the arms or legs". Well shit man, when someone is lunging at you with a knife, you aim at the biggest part, torso. I've never understood that argument by victims. Plus the guy looked pretty skinny in the pics, it'd take some time to aim and hit his legs and arms!

SoSlowDx
10-27-2003, 02:10 PM
Cop did the right thing. I don't think all cops are racist. But what I've experience is that if something involves Asian ppl it's really big but if it involves cacausian ppl it's pretty quiet. I blame the stupid fucking media.

Rexxrally
10-27-2003, 02:13 PM
B17a;
Exactly! Plus the fact that in any marksmanship course (that every cop goes through, amongst others) they say one thing and one thing only: "shoot for the torso." With a person moving their arms and legs around, and their arms and legs being so narrow, you'll never hit it. But the torso stays in one place and is the widest part to hit.

In a struggle like that, with the attacker moving violently and quickly, the cop doesn't have the time to pick his targets. He has to put the assailant down, NOW! And he did............

tommy1223
10-27-2003, 02:24 PM
minority card is always pulled on a white cop shooting a black guy. if a white cop shoots a white guy, it was like nothing happened. If u attack a cop, be prepared to be killed, no questions about it. cops arnt out to shoot people, cuz everytime they fire that gun, they have to file a huge ass report when they get back to the station, and cops hate filling out reports.

pulling the Minority card should be banned.

thich
10-27-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by method
The media hears the sudanese association say it and they'll repeat it to no end. The news always does that crap.

It's stupid, ask any sane person: if some guy attacked you with a knife, and you had a gun, would you shoot him? if they say no, they're full of shit.

:werd:

i saw the thing on the news the same day and then read some of the reactions in the paper...
ANY person in danger reacts in such a way to save their life... so what would happen if the cop got stabbed to death?
if anyone attacks a cop like that you KNOW what's coming for you.

hjr
10-27-2003, 04:41 PM
hahaha. what a screwed up situation. You calgary folk are strange. Up here in edmonton we just let all the gang guys kill each other. It works out for the better cause you know their racial issues in the gangs anyways. Plus they're far less accountable for some stupid reason.

Wildcat
10-27-2003, 04:58 PM
the race card really pisses me off, as far as im concerned it makes the situation worse by deepening the stereotypical "hole" minorities are in. If people truely want equal rights, then pull up your socks and fucking act like it in the first place.

what the world needs to understand is that the color of your skin has nothing to do with how much of a fucking idiot you are.

ForcedInduction
10-27-2003, 05:08 PM
I gota agree with everyone here. if i were to run after the force with a knife or gun, i wouldnt expect someone to just stand there. for most people, its run scared, but cops gotta job to do. protekt there life and others around

i hope no one would raise stink if someone were to shoot my ass just cause im black. i probably deserved it at the time

but yah, i dun really care if your white, black, asian or mexican. if you threaten someones life, yours should be threaten to. sometimes they be killing you too.

littledan
10-27-2003, 05:13 PM
i just read the article on canada.com. i didn't like how they implied that if there were some wrong doing that it wouldn't be uncovered by the internal investigation. as much as i hate runnign into police on the road, i think that this officer was 100% justified in his actions. at the end of the day he is doing is job and has a responsibility to himself and to his family to return safe at the end of the day. what the hell was that guy thinking attacking a cop with a knife?? what is he suppposed to do? in that situation he only has one option and that is to protect himself.

*edit* here's the link http://www.canada.com/calgary/story.asp?id=69572320-16F1-46C3-8DE5-3C92416CBCE9

Rexxrally
10-27-2003, 05:19 PM
hahaha. what a screwed up situation. You calgary folk are strange. Up here in edmonton we just let all the gang guys kill each other. It works out for the better cause you know their racial issues in the gangs anyways.

Yeah, but the only problem is that I worry that some innocent person (like my kid) will be walking by the gang banger's car when another banger unloads his gun into him. THAT'S why the cops want it stopped, not because of the bangers getting killed. Every banger killed is one less POS the cops have to deal with in the future.....

B17a
10-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Now, had this been NYPD or LAPD, I think the race-card pulling freedom lovers would have a case given the history, but I think by far and large, contrary to some people on Beyond :) the cops in Calgary are not racist, however that term can be taken relatively to other police forces.

4wheeldrift
10-27-2003, 06:50 PM
There's undoubtedly some information that hasn't come to light yet that will shed more light on what really happened. Remember that ... I think the guy was mexican or something a couple years ago that the cops "subdued". They beat the heck out of the guy, and there was a huge outcry from the minority community until they found out the guy was was hopped up on drugs and doing his level best to inflict as much damage on the cops arresting him as he could before they stuffed his ass in the squad car. That guy was supposedly "a pillar of the community" as well. The cops can't get away with putting a bullet in someone without a damn good reason for it, despite what the minorities seem to think (and getting stabbed is a damn fine reason). No one ever wants to believe that their friends and family are capable of the kind of stuff that justifies getting a lead sandwich, but desperate people can do crazy things that are totally out of character. Villifying the police force will not bring your friend back.

civic_stylez
10-27-2003, 07:18 PM
now theyre trying to force cops to carry tazers... it still wouldnt matter to me if somebody stabbed me and was about to stab me again... id reach for a gun over a tazer anyday if it was my life or his.

szw
10-27-2003, 07:21 PM
What I don't understand, is on the news they said the sudanese community is asking for more awareness of cultural differences.

Does stabbing someone mean something different to sudanese people?

tommy1223
10-27-2003, 07:22 PM
the main purpose of tazers are to subdue the suspect without having to shoot him so no race or whatever card can be pulled. it's actually quite effective, it'll knock a guy out for about 5 seconds, just enough time for cops to cuff the suspect.

3G
10-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
now theyre trying to force cops to carry tazers... it still wouldnt matter to me if somebody stabbed me and was about to stab me again... id reach for a gun over a tazer anyday if it was my life or his.

couldnt agree more on that with you :werd: :werd:

pinoyhero
10-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
WTF is wrong with our city. A guy attacks a fucking cop with a knife and even cuts him - so the cop does exactly what we're told he'll do and shoots the stupid fool.

Now because he's black, everyone is up in arms saying "Why did you shoot him, etc". Because he ATTACKED A COP WITH A KNIFE PERHAPS? I think it's the Herald this morning saying "oh boo hoo we're not going to trust cops now that one has shot one of our race".

ARGH.

Khyron

I second that post, color doesn't matter to someone being stabbed, I think you would more than likely try to protect yourself, not think "hmm, lets see now this guys is colored so maybe I should just let him stab me".

Toms-Celica
10-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Some more information is coming to light here. I guess the guy that got shot and killed had be charged before with assaulting an officer before, they did not say how many other times.

lammer
10-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by tommy1223
the main purpose of tazers are to subdue the suspect without having to shoot him so no race or whatever card can be pulled. it's actually quite effective, it'll knock a guy out for about 5 seconds, just enough time for cops to cuff the suspect.

then he shoots your frickin face off.

3G
10-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by tommy1223

can't their pepperspray do that too? :dunno:

sexualbanana
10-28-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

can't their pepperspray do that too? :dunno:

I think the problem with pepper spray is that the cop could still catch a bit of it.

403Gemini
10-28-2003, 02:39 AM
Wow its weird seeing people on beyond taking the side of police officers :D its nice! but yea the fucker deserved it

the "victums" brother was saing "Why shoot to kill? my brother was an 'honest' man" LOL HONEST my ass!!!! he cuts a cop and expects everything to be okay? fuck it if it was me id shoot him like 6 times and then put 2 in his head. i dunno i feel the cop was the victum, but of course as everybody else said: the minority card was pulled

Super_Geo
10-28-2003, 03:41 AM
This is the worst case of the race card I've seen in Calgary, by far.

If you attack the police with a knife, you should expect to be killed and be thankful if you survive, not the other way around. As a member of society, I would rather 100 useless shits like this guy die than to have one police officer murdered while trying to keep the peace.

Actually... make that 1000.

4wheeldrift
10-28-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I think the problem with pepper spray is that the cop could still catch a bit of it. With enough adrenaline in your system, you won't even notice pepperspray. Sometimes its little more than a minor annoyance rather than completely disabling,

jdmakkord
10-28-2003, 07:52 AM
Natural selection works I tell you!!!

mwmhong
10-28-2003, 09:22 AM
Screw this 'cops vs. minority' BS, he brought a knife to a gun fight, end of story. :guns: :D

B17a
10-28-2003, 09:36 AM
From Today's Calgary Sun, I think this pretty much sums up all our thoughts.

It comes down to this: You stab a cop, you get shot.

Don't want to get shot by a cop? Don't pull a weapon on them.

It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Family and friends of Deng Kuol, 34, who was shot early Saturday morning after he stabbed Const. Ira Macumber in the left bicep, are making out like the man was a saint and an angel both and like police are racist villains.

Kuol was apparently banging on the door of his uncle's Forest Lawn basement apartment at 1709 37 St. S.E.

The apartment was shared by Kuol's uncle William Dot and another man -- a so-called friend of Kuol's, David Deng.

Kuol, who was apparently drunk, was demanding money and wanted a place to sleep.

So, if Kuol was such an angel, why did his own family and friends feel the need to call the police? Good question, no?

Well, wonder no further. Such behaviour was pretty common for Kuol, and I'm not just talking about banging on his uncle's door in a drunken rage.

On June 2, another lone police officer, Const. L. Gary Basso, responded to the same apartment because of a drunken disturbance caused by Kuol -- which was in direct breach of a probation order for a previous crime, which required that he abstain from alcohol.

In that case, Kuol made like he was going to co-operate and out of the blue, he attacked Basso, who had his shirt torn right off him during the melee. Kuol wasn't shot then because he wasn't armed.

Now, members of Calgary's Sudanese community actually have the audacity to state that racism by Macumber -- by all accounts a super guy -- is the reason for the death of this person they call a friend but wouldn't help. They have actually even wondered if Macumber stabbed himself in the arm?

What disgraceful allegations. Luckily for Macumber, another friend of Kuol's was staying in Dot and Deng's apartment that night. Her name is Freda Bastien.

In excellent reporting by the Sun's Melissa Ridgen and Nadia Moharib, Bastien described what she saw through the peephole of the apartment Kuol was so desperate to get into.

"When the officer got here he told us to go to bed, that (Kuol) was his responsibility and he'd be taking him," Bastien said.

Deng and Bastien shut the door and were heading to bed when she heard banging in the hallway.

"I ran to the peephole and saw the officer and (Kuol) struggling on the ground.

"I saw him shoot (Kuol) but I didn't see the gun, I just saw blood gushing from (Kuol), then I saw the officer put away his gun. He was checking his arm to see where he was hurt."

Doesn't exactly sound like a set-up by the police officer does it? No time for that. He was stabbed during a fight for his life.

It's understandable that those who knew and loved Kuol are upset. But he was no angel.

After all, if he was such a great guy, his uncle would have let him sleep on the couch or his friend would have passed him a few bucks to go get a meal -- something. They wouldn't call the police on him, unless they feared for their own safety.

But most importantly, if he was such a super, peaceful guy, what's he doing packing a knife and worse, plunging it into the arm of a peace officer -- a man who's just doing his job?

As I was writing this column I walked into the newsroom and saw a gripping series of photos of three Calgary police officers, struggling like mad with a clearly irrational man hanging around St. Mary's high school.

The photos, taken by Darren Makowichuk, tell a gripping tale. They also point out that people who attack police do so with great gusto in close range.

Now, just for argument's sake, put a knife in that fellow's hand in those photos. Scary, huh?

There is no question in my mind that if that fellow had a knife, he'd be dead right now and justifiably so, even though he's white.

You stab a cop, you get shot. I thought everyone knew that. Apparently not. Pass it on.

E36M3
10-28-2003, 09:56 AM
Sounds to me like this guy had it coming. Calgary Police are trained that if they are shooting someone, they are shooting to kill.

Shooting for an arm or a leg is a very dangerous proposition, and only puts the officers life in danger. It is way more likely that you will miss, and even if you do make a direct hit to an appendage, there is no guarantee that you will subdue the attacker.

Personally, I am glad he is dead, one less dipshit.

403Gemini
10-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Exactaly, they're trained to shoot at the body not arms and legs. you can miss arms and legs cause you can move those a lot quicker than your torso. And if a cop misses his target and say hits some kid watching from 30 feet away... oh man... hes in shit. He doesnt want to take that chance, so thats why cops only use their guns when they need to. This situation was called for it. Shoulda done it pulp fiction style with shotguns "ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?" heh (sorry i like that scene)

Super_Geo
10-28-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Shoulda done it pulp fiction style with shotguns "ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?" heh (sorry i like that scene)

That's one of the best scenes in movie history. :thumbsup:

BigMass
10-28-2003, 05:37 PM
cops are not Olympic target shooters, SWAT, SOCOM or Spec Ops. There are many civilians that can shoot better than cops. They are trained to shoot center mass. Going for head shot, leg shot, arm shot or shoulder shot is not going to happen in a stress situation. This particular cop did his job and the fact that he is getting slammed for it is a disgrace to our society.

403Gemini
10-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
cops are not Olympic target shooters, SWAT, SOCOM or Spec Ops. There are many civilians that can shoot better than cops. They are trained to shoot center mass. Going for head shot, leg shot, arm shot or shoulder shot is not going to happen in a stress situation. This particular cop did his job and the fact that he is getting slammed for it is a disgrace to our society.

:werd:

like what if that cop was your brother, your son, your friend. wouldnt you say he did the right thing?

BigMass
10-28-2003, 06:58 PM
even if he wasnt my friend i would say he did the right thing

DannyITR
10-28-2003, 07:34 PM
I agree that if you pull anything on a cop you should be shot.

Shaolin
10-28-2003, 07:41 PM
yes, now fedex his dead ass back to Sudan..

Chester
10-28-2003, 07:44 PM
im black and I think that cop did the right thing to shoot that guy. If your a cop and someone pulls a knife on you and starts slashin at you of course your just gonna bust out your gun and unleash the fury

4wheeldrift
10-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Anyone catch the article in the sun today, about what a "pillar of the community" this guy was? On probation for drug and alcohol charges, and had a prior arrest for assaulting a police officer. Yep, definetly an upstanding citizen, an innocent blown away by a bloodythirsty racist cop who faked a wound in his own arm to cover it up :rolleyes:

rage84
06-21-2004, 02:03 PM
how many people would get attacked with a knife by someone bigger, and just let themselves be stabbed when they have a gun that could allow them to not be killed? Nobody.

It is sad when the only defense the minority community can come up with is racism. If that's all they have to say they are clearly idiots to begin with. If a black cop had shot a black man they would just say the same thing "oh, he betrayed the community"... ya, he beatrayed it by not being an empoverished moron and going out there risking his safety to protect everyone and make a difference. He didnt just stay at home and bitch about "the man"...

a lot of ghetto type areas make money from crime, yet they look at the cops as badguys when they get busted, they dont realize that they did something wrong. that right there shows you where the intelligence level is set in some communities.

\JCAR/
06-21-2004, 02:12 PM
the first thing that people think when they read something like this is "Hate Crime"

sputnik
06-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by \JCAR/
the first thing that people think when they read something like this is "Hate Crime"

The first thing that people should read is the date of the last post...

nice old post resurrection noobs.