PDA

View Full Version : Horn Beeps with Compustar Auto Start

B737
05-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey guys,
Ive been digging around the forum here and i found a link to a OLD compustar installer user manual that discussed a setting in one of the menus that "unlocks" the car doors prior to starting as to disarm factory alarm. I think that is on the right track but im unsure how to go about this.

within the last 8 months i had a Compustar Remote start installed in my girlfriends 2008 Subaru Legacy. If she starts the car after having locked it using factory remote the horn will beep until the compustar disarms the factory alarm and starts the car automatically. The horn beep usually lasts for about 1 second.

getting her to ONLY use the compustar remote has been fruitless.

Im semi familiar with the compustar units and their programming using the remote and menus because ive had one in my explorer for at least 7 years that needs occasional attention.

The transmitter she is using is the 2W900FMR (3000)

Is there more recent manual, or do you guys have advice on how to stop the horn beeping prior to remote auto starts?

thanks for your help

Kevin

Strugari
06-05-2009, 08:24 PM
The installer should have instaaled the Alarm Disarm wire off the Compustar. The wire color in the car is yellow/red and located at the BIU (Body Integrated Unit) under the driver side dash, to the right of the steering column.
The plug is a 35 pin plug, it is pin 12. This should be hooked up to the orange/white wire of the compustar.

Hope this helps:thumbsup: