PDA

View Full Version : House broken into last night

Ormrod
05-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone...

My house (located in the NW near Nose Hill) was broken into last night, stolen was my ipod 30ogb classic (black), garmin nuvi 250w, a rockford fosgate amplifier, 10" subwoofer and my Joe Rocket armoured motorcycle jacket pictured below... If anyone hears of any of this stuff for sale or my jacket around in general (I haven't seen any others like it around), please let me know!

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj398/ormrod/jacket.jpg

Thanks

Nissan_Fanboy
05-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Where by nose hill do you live?
I live in Beddington, Ill keep a look out for your stuff.

I know a lot of dumb ass kids who could be wearing there "BALLIN" shit to school.
Look for a Ipod for sale as well.
GL with the search,

-Chase

5000Audi
05-31-2009, 05:38 PM
i browse pawn shops alot ill keep my eyes peeled for your stuff

Ormrod
05-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Cool... thanks guys.

I live over in North Haven, close to 14th and John Laurie. I can't believe the nerve of whoever did this. My room mate and I were both here sleeping, they must have been in and out very quick. If we would have woke up they would have had problems... bastards

badatusrnames
05-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Was it forced entry, or were your doors unlocked?

Ormrod
05-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Unlocked... I was home at the time

beecue
05-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Ormrod

:confused: I don't get it.

soupey
05-31-2009, 09:22 PM
they broke into your house? or car? do u live in your car?

nich148_9
05-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by beecue

:confused: I don't get it.

He was at home, some guy entered his house, Ormrod didn't notice, guy stole stuff.

What's not to get?

97'Scort
05-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Sounds to me like they knew where shit was. Notice anybody walking around lately? Do you have any of this stuff listed for sale anywhere?

black13
05-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Ormrod

Leaving your door unlocked in this day and age?

Regardless good luck getting the stuff back. I'll keep an eye out.

TC06
05-31-2009, 10:04 PM
I ride with a lot of people, if I hear of anyone selling a red/black joe rocket leather jacket(what's the size?), I'll inquire about and and see if I can locate the source. Sorry to hear but you have to lock your doors all the time!

stevieo
05-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by nich148_9

He was at home, some guy entered his house, Ormrod didn't notice, guy stole stuff.

What's not to get?

why you would leave your door unlocked?

Kobe
05-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

why you would leave your door unlocked?
Unless you live in forest Lawn, i couldn't see leaving your door unlocked while your at home a problem...

dubol
05-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

Unless you live in forest Lawn, i couldn't see leaving your door unlocked while your at home a problem...

Well, turns out it was a problem for omrad because he just got his house broken into last night without hearing the robber. If he had them locked, he probably wouldn't have lost his stuff OR would have heard the robber trying to get into his house.

msommers
05-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Unless I'm going to bed, I never lock the door when I'm home. Some of you guys are f'in paranoid!

stevieo
05-31-2009, 11:47 PM
then please guys who leave their doors unlocked let the world know where you live too please. no matter how you look at it, someone will take advantage of that. never know one day your house happens to be the unlucky one

nonlinear
05-31-2009, 11:50 PM
we never locked our doors growing up, but we lived in a place similar to old banff coach road where you didn't have random people walking by etc. but when i moved out the rents and lived in cities, i always lock the door. but seriously, a robber/thief walking around testing for unlocked doors and finding your open is a seriously unlikey situation. but who knows?!!??? :nut:

Ormrod
06-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Yes, I live in a very quiet neighborhood... Most of my neighbors are older and normally I can't go out for a smoke past 12 without the neighbors knowing. So we didn't really make it a habit to lock our doors while we are home, sometime we did, last night we did not - we weren't very paranoid and didn't feel the need to in my area (on Saturdays we are usually up all hours of the night drinking and such anyhow, but last night I was feeling under the weather, dammit). Also, three guys (27-30) live here, and I would have thought people may not want to come in while we are home, for the fear of being beaten badly, but I guess people have balls these days.

Beecue, Most of the stuff that was stolen from within my house while I was home. I figure it must have been between 2:30 and 4:00... But they also got into my car and took my sub and amp (those weren't worth much at all, both at least 4 years old and I got them cheap). Everything else is what I'm pissed about. I do have insurance, so I will be calling them tomorrow to explain the situation and see what they can do for me.

The jacket is a size XL and it had a small garage door opener in the pocket (I've changed my garage door opener codes already)...

I now have a new understanding of what people will do for money - I've changed and re-enforced all my locks and I will be locking my doors no matter what, from now on.

Please don't judge me for leaving my doors unlocked, I'm just here looking for some help!

Thanks

Disoblige
06-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by nich148_9

What's not to get?

Originally posted by Kobe

Originally posted by msommers
Unless I'm going to bed, I never lock the door when I'm home. Some of you guys are f'in paranoid!

Originally posted by nonlinear
we never locked our doors growing up, but we lived in a place similar to old banff coach road where you didn't have random people walking by etc. but when i moved out the rents and lived in cities, i always lock the door. but seriously, a robber/thief walking around testing for unlocked doors and finding your open is a seriously unlikey situation. but who knows?!!??? :nut:

This day and age, you pretty much NEED to lock your doors, houses or apartments. I'm so amazed at people in my apartment that just close the door and you don't hear the doors lock. True, majority of people aren't douchebags and will take advantage of that, but a lot will and you never know when it'll happen. Why not be safe and not sorry? I'm not paranoid, but I just think this is common sense to look out for yourself.

And nonlinear, that is EXACTLY what thieves DO! They go around parking lots and pull on doors of cars. They go around locker rooms, hallways and pull on all the locks until they find one that's unlocked. The same can be said for condos, apartments, etc.

msommers
06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
I suppose my house is a ticking time-bomb just waiting to be robbed by the 80year old ladies living on my block!

But honestly, if I'm too deaf to hear the screen door in the back open, I deserve to get robbed :rofl: It's funny though how our front door has like this bolt-buddy thing and our backdoor is pretty much wide open when we're home.

To each their own I suppose.

Disoblige
06-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Haha.. Well in that case... But you never know..

What if you know someone who goes on here and he sees you type this. Then it'll spread along.. Maybe that's getting a bit paranoid but you get my idea :poosie:

msommers
06-01-2009, 03:38 PM
haha just a little. Besides, my pro footballer sized step-dad and his hunting rifles will probably stray away the brave 80year olds:rofl:

Ormrod
06-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by msommers
haha just a little. Besides, my pro footballer sized step-dad and his hunting rifles will probably stray away the brave 80year olds:rofl:

This is the exact frame of mind I had... I figured no one would break into our place, when they could just as easily target someone who wouldn't beat them to inches of their lives. Also, the walls in my house are pretty thin, I can usually what's going on from my room throughout the house, but I had my A/C cranked that night since it was so damn hot.

Take some advice from a guy that just got a bunch of stuff stolen... Just lock your doors, it'll save you a lot of bother in the long run

RHDb2200
06-01-2009, 09:27 PM
The recession makes people do crazyy things!!

OCDP
06-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear. I find it odd that they got your house AND your car, though. Either way, sorry to hear.