PDA

View Full Version : Sandblasting Rims

Nismorphed
06-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I want to sandblast my winter rims and repaint them. Does anyone know a good place to go to get this done. Id like to do it myself if there is a good place around?

Nissan_Fanboy
06-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by bundi

I got my rims done by Foolproof Coatings in Fort Macleod, very good work, very reasonable. They are aiming for the customs type market rather than commercial stuff like powdercoating metal railings and other stuff so they have more exotic powders on hand.

When I went looking to get mine done it was about $60 a rim to get them coated, and anywhere from $80-$100 (not each, for all 4 wheels) to get the previous powdercoating taken off. I asked one place to get a certain powder from their catalog in and they said it would be $300 extra!

Foolproof ordered 3 different powders in that were close to what I was looking for, powdered 3 samples and couriered them to me at no charge so that I could choose which one I liked best, and they charged me $10 extra a wheel for powdercoat.

These prices were for single stage... if you are looking for dualstage or a clear on top you are talking extra dollars, it all depends on what type of finish you're looking for.

Thats what bundi said :)

racerocco
06-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Compressor Consolidated in behind PnP is about the only self serve sandblasting place in town...

superboss
06-04-2009, 05:25 AM
There a place in the se industrial park. Its on 40st se. Take barlow to 90st and turn right on 40st, half way down. Theres a 15 minute minimum.

racerocco
06-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Yep, same place...

Powdercoat17
06-13-2009, 04:59 PM
I can powdercoat your rims for you. Any color of your choice... clear or no clear. PM me for pricing. I do it at a very reasonable rate as I do this as a hobby not my job.