PDA

View Full Version : Hockey goalies

SKR
06-02-2009, 12:05 AM
First, I recently joined Beyond after lurking since 2004, so hi. With that out of the way, a guy on a goalie board I'm on is moving to Calgary and asked about getting some ice time. So without his go-ahead I decided to ask here. Anybody know about any leagues running this summer, and where he might be able to get a game?

eur0
06-02-2009, 12:59 PM
These are some of the more popular local leagues in Calgary:

Non Contact Hockey League
Western Regional Adult Hockey League
Alberta Summer Hockey League

I'm sure they all have pick-up lists.

groundpilot
06-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Get him to e-mail [email protected] I'm sure they can find him some ice time.

japan_us
06-02-2009, 03:24 PM
OP, out of curiosity, are you from the goaliestore forums?

wardpr68
06-02-2009, 03:27 PM
if interested in ball hockey check out www.superleagues.ca

its actually a very well run league.

R-Audi
06-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Ha ha.. saw the post on the goaliestore forums as well...

I think most leagues are up and running already... maybe on the spare list or watch out for drop in games.

thinmyster
06-02-2009, 04:07 PM
I play hna (Hockey North America) . A guy on my team runs the league. I think its a great league for summer/winter

check out www.hna.com

Or your buddy could call rent-a-goalie and get paid to play. Never dealt with them though

groundpilot
06-02-2009, 04:49 PM
No one ever has to pay for goalies in Calgary... There are always guys looking for the ice time...

bspot
06-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster
[B]I play hna (Hockey North America) . A guy on my team runs the league. I think its a great league for summer/winter

If you like having to dish out hundreds of dollars to have matching helmets, pants, and jerseys with your numbers on the sleeves and real last name on the back (great for when you need spares). Plus the worst ref in the city for beer league hockey.

I know the equipment rules aren't your buddies fault because they come down from Chicago, but tell him he needs to fire the douche bag with the mail order bride. Horrible horrible ref.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the wonderful ice times of late Sunday nights in Indus and Chestermere.

I've played in 4 leagues, and that was by far the worst one.

SKR
06-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by japan_us
OP, out of curiosity, are you from the goaliestore forums?

Originally posted by R-Audi
Ha ha.. saw the post on the goaliestore forums as well...

I think most leagues are up and running already... maybe on the spare list or watch out for drop in games.

Yeah I am on GSBB. I deleted that post this morning. I got completely piled off last night at the bar so I went from forum to forum this morning deleting anything that hadn't been responded to. I don't remember if I said anything douchey but I figured I'd try again with some sobriety. I'll post this thread over on GSBB again and he can decide where to go from there.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Calgaryexec31
06-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by SKR
First, I recently joined Beyond after lurking since 2004, so hi. With that out of the way, a guy on a goalie board I'm on is moving to Calgary and asked about getting some ice time. So without his go-ahead I decided to ask here. Anybody know about any leagues running this summer, and where he might be able to get a game?

So this is my first post...and I'm the guy he was referring to. Tomorrow I head up to Calgary and I've had to explain to what seems like 5,000 people why all I'm bringing is hockey equipment :rolleyes: . Who needs clothes when there's hockey to be had?

Anyways, that said I just wanted to thank everyone who commented.