PDA

View Full Version : Banker's Hall Club

timdog
06-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Wondering if anyone is a member there? I did find an older post on beyond about it but I think it might be out of date. Any bad experiences? Right now I am a member at WHC bay club but I am kinda getting sick of it. any ideas on current prices? I do plan on going and getting an orientation, but just trying to get some info ahead of time. does it get super busy?

rc2002
06-02-2009, 12:21 PM
I did the full year prepay option (you save 10% over monthly) and IIRC, it was under $1500/year. If you wanted an executive membership I think it was under $2k/year.

Rates vary depending on the options you get (overnight locker, laundry service, squash membership, workout clothes, etc.) and there are some spouse discounts and others. Best thing to do is call them and set up an appointment.

It gets retardedly busy at lunch time, but most other times are ok.

Crymson
06-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Lunch isn't bad. You can get a treadmill, but u usually have to wait a few minutes. Summer times it's dead in there.

After work is great and it's got really safe facilities. I've been there over a year and no one has touched my stuff. I think they open quite early, 5:30 or 6:00 am.

It's about 120$ a month for the basic membership without squash, but the shower rooms and steamrooms so close to work are worth it. I dont play squash but alot of guys joing specifically for that.

There is no muscle heads or any of that crap, after work is usually low key and dead.

If you're intersted in swimming, there is a salt water pool that NEVER gets used, so you basically have it to yourself.

A+ facilities, really great staff, but it's a little pricey. However, if work close by it's worth it. For me, if i went to talisman centre or the Y, i would hardly ever go, but being in Bankers Hall, it's just a 5 second hop down to the gym if i start getting tired or need a break from work. So i go alot more than i would normally.

timdog
06-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I did the full year prepay option (you save 10% over monthly) and IIRC, it was under $1500/year. If you wanted an executive membership I think it was under $2k/year.

Rates vary depending on the options you get (overnight locker, laundry service, squash membership, workout clothes, etc.) and there are some spouse discounts and others. Best thing to do is call them and set up an appointment.

It gets retardedly busy at lunch time, but most other times are ok.

the price must have been hiked up a bit, i thought it was another post by you that i read (an old one) where you said it was $80 per month.

thanks for the info, i just dont think i can really spend more than $100 a month or so. my work does subsidize some of the cost, but not enough where I could justify that.

CaptainReboot
06-02-2009, 01:07 PM
When I went I got the membership where you couldn't go during peak hours, which was like $20 cheaper or something like that. I think the is also a one time signup fee or something, but it is waived if you're working in the building.

Lunch time wasn't bad, but I usually went at around 11:30 to beat the rush. The change rooms are quite small.

Equipment is decent, and yes if you like to swim, you basically have the pool to yourself, especially during lunch.

When I first joined, it was around $80 or so, but there was a price increase.

The funny thing is that after I cancelled the membership, I ended up getting a new job in Bankers Hall.

BigShow
06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
The pool sounds enticing!! How big is it?

bksze
06-02-2009, 02:23 PM
The only con to Banker's Hall is the price. However the price is definitely justified.

I don't work downtown or look corporate so I got some looks when I went in there in jeans and a hoody but it's to be expected.

The pool is a 3 lane lap pool and usually is a private pool like others have said. It is however not completely salt, there is chlorine in it.

Early morning and lunch are really busy.

Last year the prepay annual option was ~$1200.

I'm no longer a member as I now live 3 minutes from the Eau Claire YMCA. I also prepaid for a year at the Y and am totally regretting it. Can't wait till the year is up so I can go back to Banker's. Yea it's an extra 7 or 8 minutes to walk there and $500 but the price increase is more than justified by the level of service and class of fellow members.

rc2002
06-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by timdog

the price must have been hiked up a bit, i thought it was another post by you that i read (an old one) where you said it was $80 per month.

Yeah it used to be $80. The first time I joined (about 10 years ago) it was around $60. It's still good value for the money considering how much the downtown WHC charges.

I think the executive membership is worth the price bump. I'm regretting not going for it this year.