PDA

View Full Version : Funny wrong number incidents?

kevie88
06-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Who else has had the pleasure of having fun with a wrong number caller? Here's my story of the day..

This morning I was in the washroom enjoying the new issue of 'Inside Motorcycles' while .. er.. you know

Call comes in on the cell. I didn't recognise the number, and I rarely give out my cell number.

Me: "Hello?"

Young tart: "Hey, it's me! I'm at the Shell! How far away is this thing?"

Me: "I dunno!"

Young tart: "Well you're supposed to be here to meet me! What are you doing?"

Me: "I'm taking a shit!"

Young tart: "er.. is this David?"

Me: "no, this is Kevin! I think you have the wrong number!"

Young tart: "oh my god! *click*

:rofl:

GQBalla
06-02-2009, 02:29 PM
lol nice

Super_Geo
06-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Incorrect play! Call her back!

You: Hey I was just kidding, of course it's David.

YT: Oh, why would you lie like that?

You: I dunno, I was just messin' with you. Anyway, I'm not at Shell, I'm at my buddy Kevin's. Here's his address: (give her your address). I might be grabbing something from the store when you get here, but you guys make small talk until I get back. Ok? Oh shit, can't talk now, FedEx guy just got here. Get here quick, ok? See ya soon.

*hang up*

And there you go... the chance of you getting laid in the AM just went up!

maxomilll
06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Or arrested...:dunno:

Prolifique
06-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Hahaha Geo... :thumbsup:

- the GF

scat19
06-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Why are your posts marked "the gf"

Get your own beyond account?

Prolifique
06-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Because we're conjoined brother-sister and we're incestuous... haha...

no but really since we share bodies, we might as well share a beyond account. . . no?

MikeAg
06-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Hahahah 'takin a shit'. :clap:

Kloubek
06-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I actually managed to have a 3-4 minute conversation with a caller before. He thought I was someone else (obviously), and I thought his voice sounded strange, but after I said "Hey do you have a cold or something? Your voice sounds off", he said yes, so I figured it must be my friend Dax who had a similar voice. I was on the road too, which didn't help me figure out the voice any better.

We talked about me selling my truck, and he told me he thought I already sold it. I talked about my new girlfriend, which didn't seem to phase him. He discussed his work and how much he hated his job. My friend Dax hated his job too, so that made sense.

It was only when I started talking about my condo that he noticed something was up. Apparently his friend didn't own a condo. The gig was up. :)

gretz
06-02-2009, 03:04 PM
It was christmas day at about 9ish and it was a young kid asking for Tyler - I informed the kid that Tyler was outside riding his new snowmobile and to come over and give it a shot. The kid was so excited - "i'll be right over" he says.

wish i could see the look on his face...

scat19
06-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I actually managed to have a 3-4 minute conversation with a caller before. He thought I was someone else (obviously), and I thought his voice sounded strange, but after I said "Hey do you have a cold or something? Your voice sounds off", he said yes, so I figured it must be my friend Dax who had a similar voice. I was on the road too, which didn't help me figure out the voice any better.

We talked about me selling my truck, and he told me he thought I already sold it. I talked about my new girlfriend, which didn't seem to phase him. He discussed his work and how much he hated his job. My friend Dax hated his job too, so that made sense.

It was only when I started talking about my condo that he noticed something was up. Apparently his friend didn't own a condo. The gig was up. :)

The joke was more on you?

And the snowmobile... ahaha!

Senseiz
06-02-2009, 04:22 PM
I had a few text messages from this girl.

Saying she is back home, and that dad was painting the rooms. She asked what color I wanted my room painted.

I replied, pink along with some text.

Her response was wtf?

buh_buh
06-02-2009, 04:27 PM
This guy kept calling me asking for Dave, and after about 3 or 4 calls within a 5 minute span, he starts to think I'm Dave and that I'm just fucking with him. So I'm like "yeah, you got me, this is Dave" and he starts talking to me and it took him almost 5 minutes of conversation for him to realize "This actually isn't Dave, is it..." and then he hung up right away.

Vagabond142
06-02-2009, 04:35 PM
The only moderately interesting funny thing that happens with me is one a month or so, I get a crazy (and I mean C-R-A-Z-Y) old coot on the phone asking for his daughter to come to the phone... and when I'm "Tanya isn't here, sorry. You have the wrong number," he replied, once, "I bet she's naked in the bathroom again. Damned women.... *click*"

I just held the phone at arms length and did a "wtf?!" at it :D

5000Audi
06-02-2009, 04:46 PM
well this is 100% true story!!!

My brother at a young age, about 9-10 years old, him and his little buddies were doing prank phone calls around calgary, a few of the houses he said, " you have 30 seconds to get out or the bomb will explode" well anyone guess what happend next? about 15 cop cars showed up swat unit, they broke through our back doors and windows broke the front door as we sat on the couch, guns drawn, i almost shit myself... my mother asks whats going on and the police dood said someone called a bomb threat from this house.. she said [BROTHERS NAME] and up he came, so all in all my brother had to call the lady back, apalogize and whatnot, it took me a few days to have a laugh at it but looking back its pretty funny,

oh and my mom was stuck footin the bill to get 2 new windows, 1 front door+frame and a patio door in the rear..

Tomaz
06-02-2009, 04:53 PM
After a party hosted at my place, I found a cell ringing in the couch. I picked it up and answered. The girl on the other line knew it wasn’t the person she wanted to talk to but decided to continue talking to me. After about an hour, I still had no idea who this girl was or who the phone belonged to. No matter how many times she tried describing him.

My car charger worked on this guy’s phone, so I plugged it in and kept talking while doing my chores for the day. A few more hours go by talking to this really interesting girl. We talked about everything from work, school, any plans for the day, future aspirations, and favorite sex positions and places. I took a look at the phone and it said that we were talking for over 4 hours! My ear was getting tired, and my right arm was aching from holding up the phone the entire time. We said our goodbyes and I hung up the phone.

The next day, my landlord came up and asked if I had found a phone which belonged to a friend of his. I gave it back fully charged and told my landlord what happened and he chuckeld a bit.

Well, a few weeks later I get a phone call from my landlords really upset friend who just received his phone bill. Ends up I just accepted a collect call from his GF who was on vacation in India. His bill was over $600! Opps!

403Gemini
06-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Im going to come off sounding like a blazzing racist, but this Chinese woman kept phoning me and at first I never answered, but she would hear my cell message saying my first and last name (and the people that know me on here, you KNOW by my last name i'm german) so clearly i dont speak a lick of Chinese dialect. Well she would leave anywhere from 1 minute to 5 minute voice mails on my cell.

I ended up coding her as "Chinese lady" on my phone so when she kept calling i started answering and would just fire out "Hey I'd like to place an order! #4 fried rice and shrimp, # 21 ginger beef" and she would interrupt me, again not speaking any english just Chinese, and I would wait for her to finish then I would say "Yeah that sounds good too! Add that!" After i got my chuckles i would just hang up.

This literally went on for close to 8-9 months. I just don't get how she couldnt understand she clearly had the wrong number. :dunno:

ZorroAMG
06-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Prolifique

no but really since we share bodies, we might as well share a beyond account. . . no?

No.

variance
06-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Ends up I just accepted a collect call from his GF who was on vacation in India. His bill was over $600! Opps!

Since when can a cell phone accept collect calls??

Nissan_Fanboy
06-02-2009, 08:16 PM
LOL some random person called me,
here's how it went.

Me: Hello
Caller: Heyy Sweetie, how are you?
Me: Uhhh what?
Caller: Its ****** Baby, don't you remember me
Me: I don't know no Selena,
Caller: Well than who is this?
Me: Don't Worry about it *In an Italian voice for some reason*
Caller: *Click*

Me + Friends start laughing our asses off.
It wasn't until after i realized i did it in a suspicious and freaky Italian voice :)

xD

blackteg2
06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy
here's how it went.

It wasn't until after i realized i did it in a suspicious and freaky Italian voice :)

xD

you *'d out selena but then mentioned her in the next line.

spikerS
06-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by variance

Since when can a cell phone accept collect calls??

they can't and didn't and he is full of shit.

BlackArcher101
06-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by spikers

Someone on beyond full of shit? Say it ain't so!!!

Kardon
06-02-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm reading these trying to remember if its ever happened, and boom I recall earlier this year, around midnight I got this random call,

Random: Hey is jessica there??
Me: No who's jessica?
Random: Hey give jessica her phone back! i need to talk to her!!!
Me: I don't know who jessica is.. I don't have her phone either.
Random: COME ON GIVE IT BACK! srsly! Tell jessica to call me alright?

Then I hung up, 10 min later, phone rings from same person, very similar convo. Next day, same thing. Just the 3 calls, never heard from them again..

stevieo
06-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy
here's how it went.

xD

its ****** baby, blah blah
then "i dont know no selena" whats the point of *******

thinmyster
06-02-2009, 08:39 PM

cellphowned!

bspot
06-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I remember when I was in Toronto for work for 10 days I was in my hotel room and bored out of my mind when the phone rang:

Caller: Who is this? Put Kristin on the phone (pissed off tone)
Me: There's no Kristin here
Caller: I know she's there! Put her on the phone! Who the fuck are you and what are you doing with my girlfriend?
Me: Kristin is naked on my bed. Guess what I'm doing with her. *click*

Whoever she was, I hope she didn't get beat up after... guy was a dick.

l/l/rX
06-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by bspot
I remember when I was in Toronto for work for 10 days I was in my hotel room and bored out of my mind when the phone rang:

Caller: Who is this? Put Kristin on the phone (pissed off tone)
Me: There's no Kristin here
Caller: I know she's there! Put her on the phone! Who the fuck are you and what are you doing with my girlfriend?
Me: Kristin is naked on my bed. Guess what I'm doing with her. *click*

Whoever she was, I hope she didn't get beat up after... guy was a dick.

couldnt the guy easily come knocking on your door? err... nvm

Jonel
06-02-2009, 09:31 PM
holy shit ..

i thought i was the only one who reads while taking a dump.

Power_Of_Rotary
06-02-2009, 09:34 PM
best case happened to me when i was 14 with my first cell phone (6 years ago?)

Guy calls me and maybe i had a girly voice or something and all i said was "hello" once i picked up. He then proceeded and say

"Im sorry for what happened last night grace...blabhalblhbalbhalb *about 2 minutes in* do you wanna grab dinner tonight at *place..forgot where*?"

me: "wrong number."

him (embarassed and disappointed too): "oh...ok bye"

Prolifique
06-02-2009, 11:37 PM
I remember of a neighbour's daughter next door was over playing with my younger brother and she wanted to call her dad.
She must have misdialed but didn't realize it..

Girl: Hey Daddy Im at *****'s House
Man: Who is this?
Girl: I'm D******, daddy
Man: I'm your daddy? (In a scared tone)
- Pause -
-Pause -
Girl: I don't think you're my daddy
Man: *relieved sound*
Girl: Feels shy then giggles
Hangs Up

I remember seeing the expression on her face and we both laughed our asses off. . . poor kid.... and even more, for the shocked guy

Tomaz
06-03-2009, 12:01 AM

You sure?

This guy was ragging on me for weeks trying to get money out of me!

"Motherfucker owes me six bills for my phone bill! Better give me my money bitch"

:dunno:

spikerS
06-03-2009, 12:23 AM
^^ 100% sure

Darkenergy
06-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Best one I ever gotten went like this:

Girl: Hey **** I think I'm pregnant
Me: What, who are you?
Girl: You know who I'm.

Thinking it was a prank I hung up, then she called again

Girl: Why are you being an asshole.
Me: Well what do you want me to do about it?
Girl: I dunno what to do.
Me: Get an abortion.
Girl: Well I need the money.
Me: Can't help you.

Hung up and thought it was finally over, but again it came.

Girl: Can you stop hanging up on me ****
Me: Well then stop pranking me.
Girl I'm not, wait is this ****
Me: Yes, I'm the asian guy
Girl: Shit, sorry wrong number.

That was the best sequence of events involving a phone with me.

spike98
06-03-2009, 01:25 AM
I had called an old work acquaintance of mine to see if the company he now works for was hiring. I called and no once answered so i figured i would call again later and thought nothing of it. About 20 min later i had received a txt back from the number saying "im sorry i cant talk right now, is it important?"

I thought this was strange because he was an older gentleman that wasn't tech savvy so i figured txt messages was out of his realm. I explained who i was and was i was wondering and waited....

The person told me who SHE was and how she just moved to town and got the number i had been calling when she transfered to a local number here. Seeing this as an opening i continued to txt her for a couple of weeks.

Getting hear name and creeping her profile i deduced she was a pretty decent looking chick and we eventually agreed to meet. She came over to my place one day and spent some time together and eventually we were spooning on the couch. Thinking this was my solid in i made a move and she wouldn't let it go farther than some high school kissing.

She left later and we agreed we would see each other again. As i waived good bye to her while standing on my steps i deleted her number...

She had sent me some other txts after that about wanting kids and wanting to get married because she thought she was old enough (she was 20) but i told her that i ain't marrying shit. She was defiantly a few thousand RPMS short of a spooled turbo.

B4tMan
06-03-2009, 01:35 AM
After a party hosted at my place, I found a cell ringing in the couch. I picked it up and answered. The girl on the other line knew it wasn’t the person she wanted to talk to but decided to continue talking to me. After about an hour, I still had no idea who this girl was or who the phone belonged to. No matter how many times she tried describing him.

My car charger worked on this guy’s phone, so I plugged it in and kept talking while doing my chores for the day....
I call bs on this story

TorqueDog
06-03-2009, 02:03 AM
I used to get random phone calls from some girl all the time. Always used to start off with sexy-sounding "Hey baby" and then my shitty fucking phone would either lose reception or die (the battery was cooked), instantly ruining the potential for any fun.

Now with my new phone and new number, I don't get those sorts of calls anymore. Damn!

rockanrepublic
06-03-2009, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster

cellphowned!

I see what you did thar.

only thing close to any of these stories was a guy calling me at 7am everyday but i always slept through it but one day i caught it thinking it was a telemarketer i told him to stop calling me at 7am in the morning and to remove me from the caller list he instantly asked if i wanted to stop the sale of my house i told him hes had the wrong number for a week he apologized hung up end'o'story

luv2ride_bikes
06-03-2009, 07:11 AM

You sure?

This guy was ragging on me for weeks trying to get money out of me!

"Motherfucker owes me six bills for my phone bill! Better give me my money bitch"

:dunno:
Well if she called direct from India, the cell she called would still be charged long distance charges for the incoming call.

Rat Fink
06-03-2009, 08:08 AM

kertejud2
06-03-2009, 08:16 AM
I got this call about a week ago

Caller: Okay so I've got the forms and I'll just need confirmation...
Me: Oh you must have the wrong number
Caller: Oh, was I supposed to put in an extension
Me: No, you must have the wrong number altogether
Caller: Are you not Marshall
Me: No
Caller: Oh I'm terribly sorry, could you put me through to Amanda then, she can connect me to Marshall
Me: This is a house, there is no Marshall or Amanda here
Caller: Well where are they?
Me: I don't know Marshall and Amanda or where they are, you have the wrong number
Caller: But this is the number they gave me
Me: Either you dialed it wrong, took it down wrong or they just don't like you
Caller: But this is 555-0101?
Me: No, you called the wrong number. Goodbye

Tomaz
06-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by luv2ride_bikes

Well if she called direct from India, the cell she called would still be charged long distance charges for the incoming call.

Man, I think i just got double pwnd:(

Really happy I never gave him money!

Originally posted by B4tMan

I call bs on this story

A lot of cell phones chare a mini USB charger. Most BlackBerrys, Motorola Razor, UT Starcom (what i had at the time).

CMW403
06-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by scat19
Why are your posts marked "the gf"

Get your own beyond account?

yeah george foremans cant post:confused:

msommers
06-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Havn't got a wrong number in such a longer...always random texts though which usually end in disaster:rofl:

On field school, I got totally random one and went like:

Her: Are you coming into work today? I know you're mad at me but I still love him
Me: If he really loved you he would have told you've been sleeping together for the last 2 months
Her: That's impossible stop being a bitch. Look I just want to be friends again
Me: Look I was just joking before. We havn't been sleeping together but he and I are good buddies and talked a lot and I think he's actually gay, I'm sorry
Her: Who is this?
Me: Don't try to pretend like you don't know who this is, it's Richard
Her: Wtf are you talking about
Me: Look baby, I'm sorry but I just want you to know, I could love you better than he ever could...I...I wanna be on you
Her: If you saw me you wouldn't say that
Me: a/s/l with pic?
Her: you first
Me: Why would I send pictures to a bovine?

**end of messages**

Kloubek
06-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster

cellphowned!

NICE!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

szw
06-03-2009, 08:46 AM

wrong

Mar
06-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by B4tMan

I call bs on this story
Especially since he plugged in his CAR charger to do chores. Was it yardwork?

I had a 3-4 day SMS conversation with some girl who thought I was Jamal, she kept texting me asking what I'm doing. Her spelling was all fucked up and she used phrases like "kickin it" so I knew it wasn't anyone too smart. I messed with her for a few days, over 100 SMS back and forth before Jamal finally called her and she figured it out. I must have tried to get a picture from her 10 or 15 times, no go.

Another time I got a call:
hot sounding chick: Hey, I'm on the way!
me: Okay!
chick: Who is this?
me: <name>
chick: Oh sorry, I got the wrong number.
me: Are you still coming over?

malcolmk14
06-03-2009, 09:02 AM
A girl drunk dialed me at 4:30 AM last Saturday (wasn't a wrong number, she definitely knew who i was) and we talked for about 45 minutes.. Still have no idea who she was.

She even asked about half an hour in, "You know who this is right?" and i said "of course i know who this is" and the conversation just kept going.

403Gemini
06-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Now me and my friends doing pranks, I still remember my first cell number only for 1 reason...

When I switched from Telus to bell along time ago (about 5 years ago) before they could swap your number between accounts, i ended up getting a new cell#. My friend Joe didn't know i switched and he tried calling me when he was half tanked asking for a ride home.

Joe: "Hey Wayne, come pick me up!"
Dude who got my old number: "Sorry man, no 'Wayne's here"
Joe: "Look buddy, shutt he fuck up and give wayne back his phone"

Well I guess the guy and joe got into a screaming match on the phone for about 10 minutes.... now every month or so me and my buddies call my old number and we don't have to say anything other than "Hey, is Wayne there?" Before he LOOSES it. It's awesome ;)

A790
06-03-2009, 02:02 PM

Does anyone realize just how ridiculous this rumour is? Why would YOU get charged for receiving a long distance call?

Sykes
06-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I got this one last week:

Guy: *Cheezy deep suave voice* Hellloooo.... is Kevin there?
Me: Uh.. I think you have the wrong number.
Guy: *Cheezy deep suave voice* Oh realllly.....
Me: Yeah man...
Guy: *normal voice* Dude... guess who's pregnant??
Me: Dude... you have the wrong number
Guy: No seriously dude... guess who's pregnant??
Me: No seriously dude... you have the wrong number.
Guy: Shut up man... I know it's you. Guess who's pregnant??
Me: I don't know who's pregnant and I don't care
Guy: This seriously isn't Kevin?
Me: Is Kevin white?
Guy: Is Kevin whi... what?? Yeah, of course you're white!
Me: I'm pretty sure I'm not white because I am definitely Asian
Guy: No way man, you sound and laugh exactly like Kevin. You HAVE to be Kevin...
Me: I don't know what to tell you...
Guy: So you're seriously not Kevin?
Me: DUDE...!!
Guy: Oh Sh!t.... *hangs up*

Mar
06-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by A790

Does anyone realize just how ridiculous this rumour is? Why would YOU get charged for receiving a long distance call?
It's true but only outside your local calling area. When I go to Banff and pick up a call, I pay long distance no matter where the call originates.

scat19
06-03-2009, 02:44 PM
It's called your local calling area. Once your a step outside of it BAM long distance biatch

Doozer
06-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Some dude keeps calling me asking for Wayne. It's been going on for years. Damn punk.

Cody D
06-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Doozer
Some dude keeps calling me asking for Wayne. It's been going on for years. Damn punk.

Haha nice.

I actually met and dated a girl based on a wrong number, she turned out to be really crazy, I guess I should have realized that when she agreed to meet someone from a wrong number.

Carl64
06-03-2009, 04:29 PM
My current edmonton number used to be a drug dealers number. For a few months I would get some pretty strange calls at very strange times. He also owes Rogers Video and Blockbuster large amounts of money.

kenny
06-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Got a funny (sorta) wrong number call today. My name display showed the name of a roofing company and when I answered the call, right away the lady on the other end just blurted out "Dave, we have a fucking problem!!".

When I told her she had the wrong number all she said was "Shit." and hung up.

Feel sorry for whoever's roof they are working on :rofl:

dennisaur
06-03-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/photogallery/nerd-alert.html?curPhoto=16

4lti7ude
06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by dennisaur
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/photogallery/nerd-alert.html?curPhoto=16

HAHhahaha :rofl:

crazieness
06-04-2009, 10:47 AM
It's 7 am this past x-mas morning:

Text: "Merry X-mas babe, I love you and hope all your wishes come true..blah blah blah"
Me: "Err...I don't know who this is, but I love you too"
Text: "Well..at least I hope this is a chick"
Me: "I was kinda hoping the same...but guess not.."

What puzzles me is how this dude could have texted the wrong number ...

Oh well.

jonnycat
06-04-2009, 12:33 PM
When telus came out with the unlimited long distance, me and my college roomates considered it a challenge. We'd just random dial numbers after know area codes. We ended up sticking mainly with Montreal, as they seemed to be more fun and there was a 50/50 chance of an english person.

The best one was when a woman answered the phone, and I gave her my best "How you doin?"

She replies " Oh you must want to talk to Trina" or something similar
me "Sorry about that, but yeah"
Daughter: Hello?
Me: hey how you doing?
her: good... who's this?
Me; you know who
her: Todd?
Me: of Course, so what are doing tonight.
her: coloring my hair

at this point you could hear her friends giggling in the background, as this chick was obviously in love with a guy named Todd.

I tried to convince her to come down to the theatre and watch a movie. She finally agreed, so I told her I was fucking around and was actually in Alberta in college and we were calling random people. After that Todd didn't exist, she was so pumped to be talking to someone older than a high school student, that we shot the shit for another hour.

it was a memorable phone call. Better than the angry French guys we'd wake up and say John, it's frere Jacques, dorme tu? and hang up