PDA

View Full Version : program to put MP3 ringtone on Razr

sevewone
06-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey ive got a razr and want to make a portion of a song my ringtone. Ive got no good answers on google, only one ive got is this, http://wateronlydries.com/2005/11/make-a-razr-ringtone-with-itunes/ thing is the link only shows how to do it for a MAC. Its a Razr V3C also btw. Thanks

drtoohotty1
06-02-2009, 09:07 PM
motorola phone tools dl it and you can chop and add songs manage pics and videos, when i had it, it worked great only downside is you have to keep upgrading or find the latest version.

xLostx
06-02-2009, 09:35 PM
When I had my old razr I used Nero editor to make my own ring tunes then sent it to my phone via bluetooth

sevewone
06-06-2009, 02:14 PM
right on thanks guys, ill try those suckers out.

SKR
06-15-2009, 08:12 AM
I used myxer.com to put ringtones on my Samsung Instinct. Different phone, but the procedure will probably be the same. Upload an mp3, change the start point and end point if you want, and it will create the ringtone. Then they send you a text with a link. Follow the link and it will send you to a page where you can download it to your phone. It's a bit of fucking around but it works and it's pretty easy to figure out.

aaronck
06-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Can you do this with Telus phones? I think they may be locked down so you have to buy your ring tones from them

nonlinear
06-15-2009, 10:54 AM
^^i dunno, I used to have a nokia 6165i and I had to hack it to unlock the MP3 feature (telus locked it obvously). Now i've got a RAZR VE20 and I would like to add mp3 rintgtones, but haven't looked into it at all. I would assume that telus locked this phone, too. first place to check would be howardforums.com

Pinoygsm
06-16-2009, 12:46 AM
I think what you need is a mp3 cutter for you to extract the portion of your desired mp3 song to make it a ringtone. Hope this helps..

Khyron
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
You need phone tools or whatever to get the mp3 onto the phone. Then, if it's a Telus phone, you need bitpim to delete a single file that telus uses to stop you from using your own Mp3s for ringtones. Then when you reboot the phone, it re-creates the file making available using all the mp3s you have on the phone.

The files are on the filesystem tab, called "MyToneDB.db" and "TmpTneDB.db"

Worked fine when I had my razr, I take no responsibility for yours.