PDA

View Full Version : Give me your opinion on my neighbours comment!

old&slow
06-03-2009, 04:44 PM
So my wife is doing a little spring cleaning.
She's hosing down a couple of window screens.
She doing it in a manner that also waters the flower garden.

A neighbor walks by with another women and loudly comments, "what an awful waste of water"

What the general consensus on that?
Was my wife wrong to clean house with some water?

Cause I feel like beating her and her husband and maybe the kids!!!!!
Self righteous bitch with 2 giant SUVs!

eglove
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
i have no problem with that. i would if she say, took them off then was washing them on the driveway

/facepalm

A790
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Dude, take a chill pill. It's someone being a smartass, no biggie.

BlackArcher101
06-03-2009, 04:52 PM
:whocares:

dubol
06-03-2009, 04:58 PM
She shoulda just hosed down that woman and told her to mind her own business

Kloubek
06-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Well, if she was doing a 2-for-1 with the water usage, it pretty much stands to reason nobody who understood what was going on would have a problem with it.

It's just another example of someone sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

Weapon_R
06-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Definitely should have died for that comment.

blackteg2
06-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Kill the bitch

maxomilll
06-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Definitely should have died for that comment.

:rofl: :werd: kill em

im2fst4u
06-03-2009, 05:15 PM
No matter where you go or what you do there is always going to be someone with a smart mouth and someone that you want to punch out for comments or their actions. Being neighbors, ignore it. If the water was running down the street and was being wasted then I would have commented myself but seeing how she was cleaning and the water was also benefiting the flowers......no big deal.

Out here in Airdrie we homeowners pay for the water we use (do Calgary residents pay for water?) so if someone commented on my watering habits or use (as long as it was not due to "wasting" water) I would tell them to F$#% off without question.

Next time she walks by make sure you spray her! Then comment "now that was an awful waste of water!"

BigMass
06-03-2009, 05:18 PM
oh fuck, someone's asking for it!
http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/libertas/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/10103223acharles-bronson-death-wish-posters.jpg

wardpr68
06-03-2009, 05:34 PM
fuck her. I would have sprayed the bitch and said "you may have thought what i was doing was a waste... but that definitely was not"

Mixalot27
06-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Next time you see her, look at her and say, "What an awful waste of skin".

Kennyredline
06-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Mixalot27
Next time you see her, look at her and say, "What an awful waste of skin".

Ya, like this, but I was thinking more like "you're a waste of jizz that should have been dumped in your mother's ass...."

01RedDX
06-03-2009, 07:04 PM

drtoohotty1
06-03-2009, 07:07 PM
burn her house down:D

PGTze
06-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Uppercut

Kritafo
06-03-2009, 07:15 PM
wow....I would have sprayed them both.

I don't approve of water wasting but washing the screens and having them run off on the garden....not a big deal.

Neighbors that wash their entire drive-ways and sidewalks just for fun...makes me want to hurt someone.

Donmega
06-03-2009, 07:22 PM
lol at jerk store and uppercut. Ignore it. It's just a comment.

AndyL
06-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeesh, if that's all your neighbours complain about... My current ones are calling 311 every week to complain about something...

Did have some fun with one of the old bags recently though; Ok so I was being a tad... redneck ... Chopping up a scrap car in the driveway... She came up "Young man, this isn't forest lawn, bowness or the properties" somehow I came back with "I understand ma'am, it's ok, my father has dementia too. Can I call someone to come take you home?"

Yes bylaw was back the next day; unkempt yard complaint this time... :thumbsup: Bylaw is pretty good - "no I'm growing out that bush to make a sculpted head of my annoying neighbour" is apparently an acceptable answer :)

nismodrifter
06-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
- "no I'm growing out that bush to make a sculpted head of my annoying neighbour" is apparently an acceptable answer :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Trini
06-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by dubol
She shoulda just hosed down that woman and told her to mind her own business

lol
I agree
sily bitches

I understand ma'am, it's ok, my father has dementia too. Can I call someone to come take you home?

:rofl: :rofl:

2fast4me
06-03-2009, 08:15 PM

sputnik
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
The neighbours comment was ridiculous.

However.... screens come cleaner when you vacuum them.

old&slow
06-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

However.... screens come cleaner when you vacuum them.

thnx for the tip...I will pass it on to the little Missus.

CaptainReboot
06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by PGTze
Uppercut

Tiger Uppercut!

88CRX
06-03-2009, 09:37 PM
LOL

Last weekend I was at the rents and my dad was washing his car in the driveway, he was finishing up and just rinsing it off when this kid (maybe 7 or 8) walked by with his parents and the kid politely told my dad that its illegal to wash your car in your driveway. My dad piped back that it's not illegal to rinse with water and stared him down.

I was just about to pipe up that I just got done washing down the engine bay with high concentrate simple green lol.

Fucking nosy ass neighbours piss me off.

luv2ride_bikes
06-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
LOL

Last weekend I was at the rents and my dad was washing his car in the driveway, he was finishing up and just rinsing it off when this kid (maybe 7 or 8) walked by with his parents and the kid politely told my dad that its illegal to wash your car in your driveway. My dad piped back that it's not illegal to rinse with water and stared him down.

I was just about to pipe up that I just got done washing down the engine bay with high concentrate simple green lol.

I think it is just against the bylaw to wash your car with any detergents, as this ends up in the river. Washing with just water is fine

I'm glad none of my neighbors complained to me when I wash my driveway, in the spring, with the gas powered pressure washer. Along with my entire house.

cam_wmh
06-04-2009, 08:28 AM
I woulda turned and sprayed em.
Then said, " no - that's a waste of water"

:angel:

hampstor
06-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Bylaw is pretty good - "no I'm growing out that bush to make a sculpted head of my annoying neighbour" is apparently an acceptable answer :)

:rofl: :rofl:

msommers
06-04-2009, 08:34 AM
You know what a waste of water is? My 65 year old Italian neighbor who waters his lawn even when it's raining out.

urban.one
06-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I hope my sarcasm detector is broken when Im reading yoru post.

LOL

Ive got an old retired guy as a neighbour as wel. Im guessing hes still on the flat rate for water because he waters his lawn several times a day and constantly waters down is driveway and sidewalk. I believe its next year that everyone is forced to switch to metered water. Im sure he'll cut down then or see his water bill triple.

Originally posted by msommers
You know what a waste of water is? My 65 year old Italian neighbor who waters his lawn even when it's raining out.

clem24
06-04-2009, 09:04 AM
the kid politely told my dad that its illegal to wash your car in your driveway. My dad piped back that it's not illegal to rinse with water and stared him down.

Actually I believe the law isn't about washing your car on your driveway; there is no by law in regards to this. Rather, it's about allowing contaminated run off into the storm drains. Essentially trying to keep phosphates and oil from going back to the river untreated.

masoncgy
06-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Considering most people in Calgary have to pay for water on the meter every month, it's not exactly like people aren't going to pay any sort of penalty for 'wasting' water. It costs money.

Your neighbor is obviously some kind of wanna-be-upper-crust bitch with a mouth that runs a few seconds quicker than her brain...

I don't even know what I would have said... but it wouldn't have been pretty, that's for sure.

I have a tree that likes to drip these tiny drops of sap off it's leaves on the cars, and every other day I am out there with my power washer giving them a little rinse... if one of my neighbors didn't like it, then I would start parking in their driveway as a solution.

Fortunately, I have normal neighbors.. we all keep our yards clean... we're all happy.

Kennyredline
06-04-2009, 09:26 AM
LOL

...so let's be clear...your dad was NOT washing his car with any kind of soap, just rinsing it off with water?

EM1FTW
06-04-2009, 09:49 AM
its a waste of water when my neighbor has his sprinkler on a timer, and it comes on when its pissing down rain. Normally it waters a good portion of the street too.
Fucking doorknob.

Mar
06-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Most of you guys are the problem. While it's not right to approach someone the way the neighbour did, it's also not right to do half the things you guys are commenting about. Yell at her? Spray her down? How about having a simple conversation with your neighbour to educate her on why you're doing it the way you are? :dunno: Quit being so quick to be hostile to someone and try being nicer.

msommers
06-04-2009, 10:25 AM
^^But it's not nearly as funny that way...for us

im2fst4u
06-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Mar
Most of you guys are the problem. While it's not right to approach someone the way the neighbour did, it's also not right to do half the things you guys are commenting about. Yell at her? Spray her down? How about having a simple conversation with your neighbour to educate her on why you're doing it the way you are? :dunno: Quit being so quick to be hostile to someone and try being nicer.

If the loud mouth bitch would have been NICE to old&slow's wife then I could see the same consideration returned but that is not what happened. This yappy neighbor obviously has no concern about the way she comes across so why would old&slow and his wife waste their energy in being nice?

I would also bet that you are one of the very few who agree with our current justice system, everyone be nice, talk it over, love thy bitchy neighbor, it's not the kids fault etc etc......bla bla bla

freshprince1
06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
oh fuck, someone's asking for it!
http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/libertas/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/10103223acharles-bronson-death-wish-posters.jpg

not sure how this guy got such a bad ass rep, he looks like a high school science teacher. "...you're breaking the beakers!..."

Mar
06-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by im2fst4u

If the loud mouth bitch would have been NICE to old&slow's wife then I could see the same consideration returned but that is not what happened. This yappy neighbor obviously has no concern about the way she comes across so why would old&slow and his wife waste their energy in being nice?

I would also bet that you are one of the very few who agree with our current justice system, everyone be nice, talk it over, love thy bitchy neighbor, it's not the kids fault etc etc......bla bla bla
You can't make assumptions about someone based on a single comment. I just think you could use some consideration even if someone's being bitchy to you. You're being just as bad as them to be bitchy in return.

jonnycat
06-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Mar

You can't make assumptions about someone based on a single comment. I just think you could use some consideration even if someone's being bitchy to you. You're being just as bad as them to be bitchy in return.

So when you make assumptions based on these people's single post's, it's okay? And you bitching about them bitching is totally cool?

Hypocritical FAIL
Pot meet kettle.

Sugarphreak
06-04-2009, 12:02 PM

clem24
06-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Wow congratulations... you've earned the title of Beyond Mom.

masoncgy
06-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Hmmm... take the high road and don't say anything... yeah, no.

You know what that does... it gives the perpetrator the belief that he/she can say whatever they want to anyone they want whenever they want...

Forget that... you step out of line, you need to get checked. It's that simple.

Neighbour or not... people can keep their snotty ass remarks to themselves. It's not very neighbourly to go out and act like a stuck up fat cat either, now is it?

Man... take a shit on her doorstep or something. :thumbsup:

Mar
06-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Note to self: Don't try to be nice to someone. Ever.

Disoblige
06-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
Hmmm... take the high road and don't say anything... yeah, no.

You know what that does... it gives the perpetrator the belief that he/she can say whatever they want to anyone they want whenever they want...

Forget that... you step out of line, you need to get checked. It's that simple.

Neighbour or not... people can keep their snotty ass remarks to themselves. It's not very neighbourly to go out and act like a stuck up fat cat either, now is it?

Man... take a shit on her doorstep or something. :thumbsup:

Smear shit all over her garage door. Then when she uses the hose to wash it off (hopefully at some point lol), do the same thing back to her :poosie:

masoncgy
06-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Mar

hahaha... yes, because that bitch was being real nice in sticking her nose where it didn't belong and belittling her neighbor for no good reason.

bubbley
06-04-2009, 01:05 PM
proceed to flood neighbours back yard

im2fst4u
06-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Mar

To be nice to someone is warranted when they deserve it.
I am nice to everyone until I feel the need to be otherwise and if this snotty neighbor was to say that to my wife or me, believe me that she would think twice about walking past my house again. It's neighbors and people in general that think they can say whatever they choose, whenever they choose because we have people like Mar that would rather be nice instead of standing up for what is right! Like I said before, this snotty, nosy, non-shit stinking neighbor does not deserve niceties from old&slow nor his wife. Mar take off the rose colored glasses and join us here in the real world.

http://www.mokummarketing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/head-in-sand-2.JPG

masoncgy
06-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Old&Slow...

You should go over in the dark and smear her windows with congealed bacon grease... then see how much water/soap/etc it takes her to get it off.

Then walk by and shake your head disapprovingly... tsk tsk...

Oh... and shit on her doorstep too... can't forget that.

eg_eric
06-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Smear shit all over her garage door. Then when she uses the hose to wash it off (hopefully at some point lol), do the same thing back to her :poosie:

:rofl: oh man that would be hilarious!

Disoblige
06-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Like that time you were complaining about those smokers in your building.. Just climb up or down the balcony and dropkick the fucker, then take the cig and burn it on his forehead.

But I guess you took the more subtle route and put BBQ stench into his $8000 rug :rofl:

Mar
06-04-2009, 03:38 PM

Like that time you were complaining about those smokers in your building.. Just climb up or down the balcony and dropkick the fucker, then take the cig and burn it on his forehead.

But I guess you took the more subtle route and put BBQ stench into his $8000 rug :rofl:

That's the problem, there wasn't a single complaint in that thread, it was the same as this....a question of what I should do. Oh well.

You could open her door and throw in a box of 250 crickets! $10 at the pet store. :)

syeve
06-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Don't ever tell me how to live my life

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/gallery/hot_rod/hot_rod3.jpg

acura_el
06-04-2009, 07:13 PM

Better yet, throw feces at her window screens. When you see her hosing them down, casually walk over and say, "so the got you too, eh?"

Mar
06-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by syeve
Don't ever tell me how to live my life

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/gallery/hot_rod/hot_rod3.jpg
This guy must pull mad pussy.

Neil4Speed
06-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Mar

This guy must pull mad pussy.

It also cured his AID's.

Mar
06-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

It also cured his AID's.
The S is for syndrome.

DonJuan
06-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Mar

The S is for syndrome.

LOL! You just cant stop being nice can you? LOL!

Thanks Beyond Mom!

drewboy
06-05-2009, 03:14 PM
stop being a whiny bitch. Try hitting her.

D911
06-05-2009, 04:45 PM
i woulda just started shooting the water into the street, until she left. lol.

Shogged
06-05-2009, 05:01 PM
http://brotch.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg

is this you?

old&slow
06-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Damn near!

cancer man
06-06-2009, 03:54 AM
This is Alberta!! the Province of unlimited resources.

old&slow
06-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Explain that to the nurses who just got hit so hard!
Ole Ed taking a page right outta Ralphs play book!