PDA

View Full Version : Calgary's a joke, but anyone TRY to fight a ticket in Ponoka?

Disoblige
06-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I've heard a few people outside and on the forum mention how Ponoka's tough to fight a ticket, or even get it reduced because they're a money grubbing small town. But in Calgary, cops seems to be too lazy to even show up to court which results in tickets thrown out the window. Anyone actually try to fight a ticket from there, or any small town? I received one while heading to Edmonton quite a while ago (who doesn't go over 100 :nut: ) and was debating on it but decided to forget about it, pay, lose 3 demerits and call it a day.

rage2
06-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Its impossible. Many have tried. Everyone has failed.

When I get near Ponoka, really, 10km or so after red deer, cruise control, 115, and try to stay awake till I get outta there before I can "drive" again.

Disoblige
06-04-2009, 11:00 AM
I read that thread 4 years ago on it, quoted from you:

Here are my thoughts.

1. Ponoka is NOT Calgary. Your Calgary court/deal experiences does not apply in Ponoka.
2. Ponoka RCMP are assholes.
3. Ponoka Court staff (judges, prosecutors) are assholes.
4. Ponoka RCMP and Court Staff (assholes #2 and #3) are out to make money. They'll ticket you for 120 in a 110 if they feel like it. If there's a construction zone for 70, you'll get a ticket at 71.
5. I've never heard of ANYONE getting off on a Ponoka ticket. Good luck. They're a bunch of corrupt fuckers that give the RCMP and the court system a bad rep. I used to drive to edmonton weekly, and nearly lost my license from BS Ponoka tickets. Only had 2 demerits left out of 15. One time I got 2 tickets in Ponoka in 1 day. First was 20 over, 2nd was 10 over. Nice.

In Calgary, I never EVER got convicted because the judge always askes me: Are you a student, do you work? In which case, I replied I'm an Engineering student at U of C and I work about 3 days a week while in school. Most of them were speeding 30 over, and once I almost hit a cop because he cut into an intersection without waiting for me to go and then gives me a ticket for unreasonable speed (4 demerits). All those were thrown out because they let me off due to GDL, school, me being poor, and just today and the last 3 times the cop didn't show up.

I just thought MAYBE I could have pulled it off in Ponoka too.

Note: Here's a little trick I've found out over the years. If you reschedule your court date (I had to almost every time because it conflicts my school schedule), I think the cops somehow forget or whatever and they don't even show up.. My ticket was issued in November 2008 and my court day was today for example.

hampstor
06-04-2009, 11:01 AM
The Super Troopers around Ponoka are not forgiving, and it'll be a cold day in hell when a traffic ticket gets thrown out in court there ...

I don't go over 110-115 from Lacombe -> wetaskiwin turn off.

adam c
06-04-2009, 11:12 AM
i set the cruise control to 120 sit back and "relax" and watch other people pass me only to catch up to them pulled over later on

96integra
06-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
I read that thread 4 years ago on it, quoted from you:

In Calgary, I never EVER got convicted because the judge always askes me: Are you a student, do you work? In which case, I replied I'm an Engineering student at U of C and I work about 3 days a week while in school. Most of them were speeding 30 over, and once I almost hit a cop because he cut into an intersection without waiting for me to go and then gives me a ticket for unreasonable speed (4 demerits). All those were thrown out because they let me off due to GDL, school, me being poor, and just today and the last 3 times the cop didn't show up.

I just thought MAYBE I could have pulled it off in Ponoka too.

Note: Here's a little trick I've found out over the years. If you reschedule your court date (I had to almost every time because it conflicts my school schedule), I think the cops somehow forget or whatever and they don't even show up.. My ticket was issued in November 2008 and my court day was today for example.

So you always go to court for speeding tickets? I usually just go see the JP and get it reduced.
When you go to court, all you say is youre in school, poor, and on GDL and the judge lets you off? Sounds too easy. If I go to court, do I still have the option to get it reduced?

Disoblige
06-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah, the court system here is very fair and lenient for better or worse. When you sign in, they ask if you want to plead guilty and reduce or if you want a trial. I always go for a trial because many times in my case I feel like I got fucked.

The only ticket I paid for was the Ponoka one and one I got the first week I drove when I was 16 and got radared going 12 over the Lion's Bridge Chinatown (I didn't know I could go to court then lol).

Anywho, I advise you to always go for trial especially if you got some sort of reason, whether it's worried for demerits because you're a student, etc.. Trial dates are usually 4-5 months from when the ticket is issued and you have the option of extending it ENDLESSLY (within reason of course)

you&me
06-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I've heard a few people outside and on the forum mention how Ponoka's tough to fight a ticket, or even get it reduced because they're a money grubbing small town. But in Calgary, cops seems to be too lazy to even show up to court which results in tickets thrown out the window. Anyone actually try to fight a ticket from there, or any small town? I received one while heading to Edmonton quite a while ago (who doesn't go over 100 :nut: ) and was debating on it but decided to forget about it, pay, lose 3 demerits and call it a day.

I thought those commercials on the radio debunked the whole "if the cop doesn't show up, it gets thrown out" myth...

And tell me, are you keeping right, except to pass? hahahaha

Disoblige
06-04-2009, 11:43 AM
lol.. Yes if I can :poosie: Funny thing is that I never get a ticket on Deerfoot because it's pretty easy to spot cops/vans (except maybe for the disguised white truck) even when going 130 (or more) <knock on wood>

theken
06-04-2009, 11:55 AM
the explorers are the worst, they are like green and they pull over everybody

MintRacer
06-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I just drove up to Ponoka recently to fight a ticket...

I did the reschedue of the court date and everything.

Ended up sitting down with the crown after sitting there all morning. I argued the date was wrong on the ticket. He asked me when was that date? I told him it was the day after that.

He said the ticket date clearly states on or about _______

So I said, well sounds like you have it all figured out then. I said fine, I don't want any demerits but I will pay the fine. He said absolutely not. I asked well what will you do for me then? He said he can reduce the fine 60 bucks.

I go out to pay my ticket, and come out to the car only to find a damn parking ticket.

I was not a happy camper at all. FML

Disoblige
06-04-2009, 12:02 PM
^^^^
Shit man.. I guess this says it all.. I guess even after rescheduling they'll still get ya. But did you try to get a trial with a judge? I don't give a crap about the fine.. It's the damn demerits obviously.. Fuck Ponoka!

the explorers are the worst, they are like green and they pull over everybody
Yeah I seen them on the Lion's bridge too. Some lady in a minivan going like 55-60 or whatever only to see this green explorer jump outta no where to chase her down.

dexlargo
06-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by you&amp;me
I thought those commercials on the radio debunked the whole &quot;if the cop doesn't show up, it gets thrown out&quot; myth... The way it works is if the oficer doesn't show up and the prosecutor can't give a good explanation of why he/she didn't appear (i.e. illness, emergency, etc.) then the ticket is thrown out.

ETA: It's not that common that officers don't show up. Most are pretty conscientious about it - after all, it's their job.

Disoblige
06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
^^^
There are probably too many for me to make a claim, but through all my experiences and individuals I know, I strongly believe cops have a higher chance of not showing up to those which are rescheduled (maybe they weren't told, or they forgot, etc)

ExtraSlow
06-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by MintRacer
I just drove up to Ponoka recently to fight a ticket...
. . . .
I go out to pay my ticket, and come out to the car only to find a damn parking ticket.

I was not a happy camper at all. FML
Did anyone else think this was hilarious?

rage2
06-04-2009, 12:46 PM
It's funny if you don't know about Ponoka! haha

It's not even worth the gas and time and tires and wear on your car to go to Ponoka to fight a ticket. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches by just paying it.

I remember years ago, before I knew about Ponoka, my friend got busted for speeding, expired registration, car towed. Called me up, I drove up there to pick him up. I got a ticket for not coming to a 2 second stop at a stop sign trying to find out where the fuck I was going (this was before GPS).

If someone calls me now from Ponoka to pick them up, I'll tell 'em to take the fucking greyhound and I'll pay for it. :rofl:.

Redlyne_mr2
06-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Ponoka reminds me of this old movie
http://dic.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/78/Nothing_but_Trouble_DVD_cover.jpg

Tomaz
06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

That looks like one hell of cast! I should rent that movie just because!

Anyway, I have never been pulled over heading up to edmonton (knocks on wood). It is good information to know! Thanks guys!

clem24
06-04-2009, 02:40 PM
So do you actually need to have a good reason to take it all the way to trial? Can I just drum up any kind of excuse? I have a ticket coming up and I will definitely do the JP thing, but am considering taking it all the way to trial if it might save me a few $$ and some demerits.

So has anyone here actually gone to trial *and* the COP SHOWED UP?

rage2
06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Yep. You'll lose even with a good defense.

I tried it once (in red deer) with charts and graphs and average human reaction times for the stopwatch showing that the plane method is inaccurate for determining speed, and they asked me what degree I had in math to calculate that, I said I was in high school and that's basic math formulas. The cop showed up, showed his stopwatch training certificate (I shit u not lol) and the judge said he was qualified and I wasn't hahaha.

It was fun being a lawyer for a day. They don't use planes anymore because it IS very inaccurate.

turbotrip
06-04-2009, 04:44 PM
^ haha i was going to do all that math calculation/diagrams stuff for a ticket i got recently but after reading your post its probably a good thing i was too lazy

Kennyredline
06-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Did anyone else think this was hilarious?
Yup. Drive like a douche, park like a douche, whatcha expect??

D'z Nutz
06-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Haha I remember that movie! Tupac was in it with Digital Underground before anyone knew who the hell he was :rofl:

colt22
06-04-2009, 10:43 PM
I was doing 30 over and got pulled over by an officer driving a random white pickup with shovels and work equipment in the back.. he also came out of no where, seriously. I will definitely pull the student athlete/ u of c card like its my day job when I get to court.

As for ponoka, is it the same as the didsbury court?

clem24
06-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Yep. You'll lose even with a good defense.

So then do you end up paying more than the original fine, like court costs, late payment, etc..., or just the original fine?

rage2
06-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Just original fine.

Disoblige
06-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by clem24

So then do you end up paying more than the original fine, like court costs, late payment, etc..., or just the original fine?

Don't worry Clem, getting a trial will not lead you to a worse situation that you already have. It will either not change or be advantageous to you. The good thing about it (especially if you have some reason) is you'll have over 4 months to think about it (one month to book date after ticket issued, then 3-4 months wait time, even more since you can choose what date), and during your trial date they will ask you if you just want to see JP too. I don't think they want it to go to trial if possible. Yesterday, the person signing me in tried to make me go to JP when I clearly knew my officer didn't show up :zzz: .. Tried to pull one over on me he did..

Disoblige
06-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm really curious to see if this actually works. I don't want to make a new thread so please reply if this applies to you!

Anyone reschedule their court dates to the point where it's 6-8 months from the ticket issued? And if so and you took it to trial, did the cop even show up?

rage2
06-06-2009, 03:51 AM
I've done that before. Cop still showed up. I went into court, plead guilty, they wouldn't give me a deal, and I left. It was a 5 minute ordeal after a 4 hour wait on trial date lol.

This was in Calgary.

heavyD
06-06-2009, 07:55 PM

I find this hard to believe. I've been many times as well and actually have a June and August date in court (expect to lose both) but I know two things based on my personal experience as well as witnessing others;

1. The officer will show up. The stories of them not showing up are just that. It happens but it's the exception not the norm.
2. Even if I showed pictures of the cardboard box I supposedly lived in I would still get 2/3 demerits and a reduction of the fine at best. I've done the student thing and it has never got me off a ticket.

In fact I've only got off one of about 12 tickets I've fought over the years.

YamahaV8
06-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah, the court system here is very fair and lenient for better or worse. When you sign in, they ask if you want to plead guilty and reduce or if you want a trial. I always go for a trial because many times in my case I feel like I got fucked.

The only ticket I paid for was the Ponoka one and one I got the first week I drove when I was 16 and got radared going 12 over the Lion's Bridge Chinatown (I didn't know I could go to court then lol).

Anywho, I advise you to always go for trial especially if you got some sort of reason, whether it's worried for demerits because you're a student, etc.. Trial dates are usually 4-5 months from when the ticket is issued and you have the option of extending it ENDLESSLY (within reason of course)

I got an idea for you since you are going to school and worried about demerits. Don't fucking speed and you won't feel like you got "fucked". :closed:

Disoblige
06-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by YamahaV8

I got an idea for you since you are going to school and worried about demerits. Don't fucking speed and you won't feel like you got &quot;fucked&quot;. :closed:

Who said a lot of my tickets were speeding? There's some that were outrageous, such as one where I get a ticket for BARELY running a red light in the damn winter time. The cop behind me floors it, runs a RED just to catch up to me and pull me over in a dual turn area where it obstructs traffic even more. He tells me that he could have stopped, why couldn't I? Well he was fricken behind me, how could he have known my situation. Needless to say, ticket squashed.

And why would I feel like I got "fucked" if I got caught speeding? I speed, and so do a lot of people who aren't a pussy to admit it and I accept the ticket. The tickets I received for speeding all got paid for (i.e. my first lion's bridge ticket and Ponoka). So don't act like you're all high mighty there, you dick. I only have 3 demerits off now and that's from Ponoka.

Anywho, from what I've read, it seems like I'm VERY lucky to be where I'm at now. I guess this idea goes down the toilet.

cjay^
06-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

I find this hard to believe. I've been many times as well and actually have a June and August date in court (expect to lose both) but I know two things based on my personal experience as well as witnessing others;

1. The officer will show up. The stories of them not showing up are just that. It happens but it's the exception not the norm.
2. Even if I showed pictures of the cardboard box I supposedly lived in I would still get 2/3 demerits and a reduction of the fine at best. I've done the student thing and it has never got me off a ticket.

In fact I've only got off one of about 12 tickets I've fought over the years.

Seriously? since I started driving 2 years ago, i've had $650 worth of tickets (none for speeding thankfully) and to date have only paid $50.

msommers
06-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Kinda related to traffic infractions but watch out in the morning going into downtown on center street over the lion's gate. I drive down there daily and they will pull over 5 vehicles (I shit you not) at a time for being in the carpool lane when they are the only person driving.

heavyD
06-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by cjay^

Seriously? since I started driving 2 years ago, i've had $650 worth of tickets (none for speeding thankfully) and to date have only paid $50.

Again I find that very hard to believe unless you got a lawyer.

cjay^
06-08-2009, 11:07 AM

Well my first batch of tickets included:
Failure to produce proof of insurance - $172
Vehicle not equipped with 2 headlights (one burnt out) - $78 or something like that

Simply went down town, talked to the CP and told them my vehicle actually had fog lights which I had running to compensate for a burnt out headlight until I fixed it, and that my pink card was expired by 4 days (it actually was, I showed him) and that I had forgotten to put in the new one. Told me to pay $50 and we would forget about it.

Round 2:
Failure to provide proof of insurance - $172
Driving an unregistered vehicle - $228

Went downtown, made up an excuse to the CP saying I was meeting my dad at the registry (car is in his name for insurance purposes) so he could give me my new paperwork and register the vehicle, when I got pulled over. Told him I was a student attending University next year and that money was tight and I already was forced to pay impound fees and such. Told me I seemed to be a good kid and he dropped them.

clem24
06-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Me thinks the speeding is harder to defend.

When I was pulled over for this most recent one, I didn't have my registration, and only had an old/expired pink card in my wallet. I explained to the cop that I was on my way to sell the car and that I took out everything including the reg (which was the truth). My plates were up to date and the pink card I produced match details on the car and my driver's. So he let me off on those. But didn't let me off on the speeding. I was doing 80 on 16th before Home Rd but didn't slow down when it went from 80 down to 50. So I got nabbed.

I am going to see if I can try and explain that the first 50 sign was blocked by a motorhome but that I saw the second sign, and that by the time I was at Home Rd, I was doing about 60, which is the same speed as another car that was beside me but didn't get a ticket. Let's see how far that will get me.

heavyD
06-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by cjay^

Well my first batch of tickets included:
Failure to produce proof of insurance - $172
Vehicle not equipped with 2 headlights (one burnt out) - $78 or something like that

Simply went down town, talked to the CP and told them my vehicle actually had fog lights which I had running to compensate for a burnt out headlight until I fixed it, and that my pink card was expired by 4 days (it actually was, I showed him) and that I had forgotten to put in the new one. Told me to pay $50 and we would forget about it.

Round 2:
Failure to provide proof of insurance - $172
Driving an unregistered vehicle - $228

Went downtown, made up an excuse to the CP saying I was meeting my dad at the registry (car is in his name for insurance purposes) so he could give me my new paperwork and register the vehicle, when I got pulled over. Told him I was a student attending University next year and that money was tight and I already was forced to pay impound fees and such. Told me I seemed to be a good kid and he dropped them.

Well the only one I ever won was a 'failing to provide proof of insurane'. My insurance pink slip was a month expired and I forgot to put the new one in the car. I went to court with documents showing that at the time I was pulled over I in fact had insurance and argued that a pink slip is not proof of insurance as the only real proof of insurance is to call them up and ensure that there is valid insurance on the vehicle at that date as all a pink slip shows is the car and company that it has been insured with.

Speeding however is extremely tough to defend.

Disoblige
06-15-2009, 11:48 AM

heavyD, you're right. As long as the cops show up, your chances of winning are slim :banghead:

But luckily I got a great cop to help me. I ran a red light in December while it was incredibly slippery and he gave me a ticket. Of course I had to bring it to court because of the circumstances and he understood, especially it's a HUGE fine and demerits. I dunno if anyone recalls going to court, but there's a person who sits in court who signs you in and helps you "reduce your fine" (counselor?). There was a grumpy bitch there today who literally said I was an idiot for coming to trial and you should just pay it off and told me to sit down and wait for trial if you must. I was respectful to her and told the cop in the courtroom she didn't offer anything and he could tell she was a total bitch. So he was nice enough to run out and find me another person who could reduce it for me (because judges have no say in that matter in terms of demerits).

Went to find an older GUY who didn't have nasty menopause temper and he offered me a ticket in Section 160(1) of the Traffic Safety Act where the "registered owner" of the vehicle will get charged. In other words, it's a photo radar ticket that has no record on my file or demerits :clap:

But seriously holy shit, that bitch in the court room.. I feel sorry for people who have cases today there. The woman judge though was.. :hitit:

MintRacer
06-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

Yup. Drive like a douche, park like a douche, whatcha expect??

Douche my ass. I happend to be in complete control while I was speeding, roads nice and dry with out any other traffic around me. RCMP was parked in complete darkness with his headlights off at 12am on the side of the road where the truckers pull over to sleep. I whipped by him and saw him flick on his headlights I knew I was busted.

At the court house I parked right out front where there are meters. I paid the maximum 2hr time limit. After sitting there in court, I rushed out after paying my damn ticket. To find I was 2 min late with a nice ticket waiting on the windshield.

So blow me.

heavyD
06-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Figured I would follow up seeing that I had a 9:30 am appointment at Calgary Traffic Court today. I was ticketed for speeding on Country Hills Blvd doing 27 km's over the posted limit. The fine was $28x.00 and three demerits.

I went in hopes of getting the money and demerits reduced out of sympathy lol. I didn't notice my officer present and overheard the prosecutor asking to move mine back to 10:00 as the officer was on his way and late. By 10:00 he still hadn't showed up and I got off due to no evidence. First time ever for me (officer no-show) and it was well worth the 2 or so hours of my time.:)

Disoblige
06-22-2009, 12:45 PM
^^ Awesome to hear!

Great feeling, isn't it? :)

heavyD
06-22-2009, 01:15 PM
^^ Awesome to hear!

Great feeling, isn't it? :)

It's like the ticket never existed. It's not often the common folk win against the city/government so yes it feels pretty good.:D

sumguy777
10-08-2021, 05:44 PM
Sorry to revive this old thread.

Got a 42 over near Ponoka. 4 Demerits and $397.

Before your first court appearance do this first!!

Go to https://traffictickets.alberta.ca/
Enter in your Ticket
License plate or Drivers license
Submit a dispute. Write a legitimate reason why they should reduce it. This gets reviewed by a Crown Prosecutor so don't have to go to your first court appearance.

Got mine reduced from 4 to 3 demerits and $397 to $249. Took 5 minutes and I don't have to drive 2 hours from Calgary to Ponoka to HOPEFULLY not get it reduced at all.

You can get it reduced so don't worry!

redline
10-08-2021, 06:14 PM
What was your reason ?

ThePenIsMightier
10-08-2021, 07:27 PM
If 42 over is only $400 and some demerits, I'm about to start driving a whole lot faster.
How do demerits fuck you up, again?

ExtraSlow
10-08-2021, 07:28 PM
First 11 demerits are no problem. After that you can get a little puckered about the next ones.....

arcticcat522
10-08-2021, 07:28 PM
15 = no Bueno. think I have 11.

ExtraSlow
10-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Did you get a friendly letter from the solicitor general?
I should have saved mine from 2000.

arcticcat522
10-09-2021, 04:11 PM
I got a letter, can't remember who it was from. I've gotten a few of them over the years. I have the demerit reduction course in my calendar every 2 years to keep me with some breathing room. I'm due to complete it again.

Team_Mclaren
10-09-2021, 05:23 PM
Sorry to revive this old thread.

Got a 42 over near Ponoka. 4 Demerits and $397.

Before your first court appearance do this first!!

Go to https://traffictickets.alberta.ca/
Enter in your Ticket
License plate or Drivers license
Submit a dispute. Write a legitimate reason why they should reduce it. This gets reviewed by a Crown Prosecutor so don't have to go to your first court appearance.

Got mine reduced from 4 to 3 demerits and $397 to $249. Took 5 minutes and I don't have to drive 2 hours from Calgary to Ponoka to HOPEFULLY not get it reduced at all.

You can get it reduced so don't worry!

I think that's because of Covid? Otherwise it's always been in person

ThePenIsMightier
10-09-2021, 05:30 PM
First 11 demerits are no problem. After that you can get a little puckered about the next ones.....

Literally??!
I thought 4 started to sting and you can only wipe off 2/year. Please remind me or link me to how they work. I am tired of not even warming the oil in one of my units and if it's this cheap to radically speed, I'm getting a chubby.

rage2
10-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Demerits wipe off 2 years after conviction. The offense wipes off after 3 years.

The cost/benefit of speeding solely comes from insurance. If they check, they’ll hike your rates for convictions. The more there are the worse it gets. Multiply that by how ever many cars you own, and how much they cost to insure.

For me, the lowest cost comes from negotiating for zero demerits (which doesn’t show on your record) even if it means paying the fine in full. I suspect that’s the same for everyone here with more than 1 vehicle. The fine is way cheaper than 3 years of premium increase.

It’s getting increasingly difficult to get that deal since Covid.

ExtraSlow
10-10-2021, 08:49 AM
I got a letter, can't remember who it was from. I've gotten a few of them over the years. I have the demerit reduction course in my calendar every 2 years to keep me with some breathing room. I'm due to complete it again.

Wow son. I was at 11 or 12 back in the day, but I've been below 5 for a decade now at least. #lyfeindaextraslowlane

sumguy777
10-10-2021, 09:18 PM
What was your reason ?

I had no legit excuse to be speeding and im not going to sugar coat it.

The RCMP was not nice at all he would have laid the book on me if I were to go fight this in Ponoka I'll tell you that.

Oh this was my first ticket in many years 5+ I admitted fault and asked for it to be reduced which they did.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's because of Covid? Otherwise it's always been in person

This is true but would you rather drive like 2 hours to Ponoka to MAYBE have it reduced down $60 like Rage2 or would you just dispute it online if not you can set a trial date if you reject their offer. It's a no brainer. Reduced about $150 totally worth not having to get up and waste half a day there and back.

G-ZUS
10-12-2021, 07:16 AM
Has anyone tried disputing a photo radar ticket?

sumguy777
10-20-2021, 07:37 PM
I haven't but its so easy to enter you ticket online and have it submitted to a crown prosecutor to review that I think you should. You'll have to pay the full amount anyways even if they choose not to reduce it so nothing to lose. To be honest most traffic ticket lawyers don't try to fight photoradar but its worth a shot. Write up a legit reason, maybe you were trying to sell your car and the guy took it for a joyride?