PDA

View Full Version : Car commercials and the desert

nismodrifter
10-28-2003, 01:53 AM
whats with like EVERY single manufacturer today putting out commercials of cars/suvs/trucks/whatever driving through the salt flats/desert with sand flying behind the car.

They also have a color adjustment done which makes the picture have a sort of blue tint to it.

From what I can remember the following companies have very recently created commercials involving the desert:

- Daimler/Chrysler: Commercial with MBZ's and Chryslers driving next to each other
- Nissan: I think Nissan started this trend when they introduced the 2001 maxima few years ago (when they used to play that song by rob d)
- Mazda: They have done it with every new model I think. Especially the 6 which busts a huge drift at the end in the shape of a 6
- Acura: Commercial for the new TL

I know there are more but that's all I can remember right now.

Is it possible for a company to make an original commercial these days?? or has everybody run out of ideas

whats' next??? Geo Metro drifting in the desert:D

"3 Cylinders.......50hp......unleash the power today.."

szw
10-28-2003, 02:00 AM
Toyota sienna

three.eighteen.
10-28-2003, 02:02 AM
alot of commercials have cars going along winding mountain/scenic roads

nismodrifter
10-28-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by szw
Toyota sienna

they drifting that thing in the desert too??? :D :D

lammer
10-28-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

they drifting that thing in the desert too??? :D :D

haha didn't you see it?

its like 0-60 in __ seconds

somethign something..

SEATS 8.

Seats 8?

the new toyota..blah blah.

403Gemini
10-28-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by lammer

haha didn't you see it?

its like 0-60 in __ seconds

somethign something..

SEATS 8.

Seats 8?

the new toyota..blah blah.

yea thats a funny add :D

Akagi Redsuns
10-28-2003, 08:20 AM
Didn't Microsoft have a commercial with a guy behind a desk and the entire desk with him in it was drifting through the desert? That looked really odd.

Anyways, there has been quite a bit of car commericals in the desert. I guess they work, otherwise why could they be so many copycats. Opposite lock drift (with rear tires locked up) with sand flying everywhere sells cars?

thich
10-28-2003, 09:57 AM
actually that desert is in California iirc; and it is the flattest piece of land this side of the globe... i think. :P
perfect if you want to be test driving your car in "slippery" conditions.

PLUS it's so flat and goes for quite a ways that they had the competition for the fastest land car there too... broke the sound barrier going 1000km+