PDA

View Full Version : Cholesterol - Trying to shed some light

Darkane
06-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Not sure to how many people here this applies to, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

How many of you guys have high cholesterol? How many eat "right" and have high cholesterol?

And..

How many people eat "Wrong" and have low cholesterol? ;)

I fall under the second category. Based on this year physical (just got the results today) I got low levels of Bad cholesterol (LDL), and high levels of good Cholesterol (HDL) with a ratio of 2.3.

The average male has a ratio of 5, and according to my labs reference ranges, 3.5 is low risk, 9 high risk.

So how do I eat to have levels like this?

Good question. I eat tons of meat and fats. Avoid Trans fats and saturated fats should compose 30-35% of fats cals.

That can't make sense? Everything we've been programmed to believe claims the opposite. I should be eating low fat, with healthy grains and carbs right?

Well Not quite. The other piece of the cholesterol puzzle is Triglycerides. These are derived from carbohydrates.

Mine were at 0.34 mmol/L fasted for 12 hours. That is a life of very low carbs (Only nuts/green veggies) and the occasional cheat. Anything under 2.30 is good.

So without trying to make this into a cholesterol and lifestyle article, just think.. Real life proof right here, consecutively for multiple years.

My only goal now believe it or not, is to RAISE my bad cholesterol. The cholesterol in our bodies is the raw fuel for Testosterone production.

Good day.