PDA

View Full Version : Going after ME for hit and run

Pages : [1] 2 3

scat19
06-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Ok, so it's now my turn to write one of these stupid threads.

Story:

Street parking in front of GF house.

All was full, so I park in front of neighbours house.

Neighbour comes home, and parks 1mm away from my rear bumper, obviously he's trying to make a point "this is MY parking spot" (however, it's public street, so stick it you know where)

After GF's father leaves for work, thus creating an open spot in front of her house, I am able to move my vehicle. I did this to avoid unnessecary further involvment with this guy, as I am at her house frequently. (Makes sense, right?)

There is a white paper flapping on my windshield:

It reads:

"To the owner of this vehicle, alberta license plate WUZN ME.

I am the owner of the black truck you backed into in front of my house (address). There is damage and transfer on my front bumper where you backed into it.

You then drove up and parked in front of (address) [GF HOUSE]. The video camera system on the front of my house clearly recorded the incident.

I would like to know if you planto pay for the repairs to my vehicle yourself, or if you would like me to report the incident as a hit and run to the police. I am sure the combination of the bumper damage and the video will prove my case.

If you wish to make arrangements with me for repairs, please contact me at 403 xxx xxxx

Sincerly,

Trevor XXXXX

SOOOOO. I have a 5spd and he is also using that against me. The road has a small incline.

When I went to talk to him in person as he is the neighbour, I was polite and what not, and he comes out all aggresive. It's my fault, and we just argue back and forth pointlessely in circles.

I said that "wuzn me", no jokes intedend ;) and he involves the cops and I haven't heard anything since. This happened 6:45pm ish, june 4th (TODAY)

PICS:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/goblin87/IMG_0462.jpg

How can THAT be from flat to flat contact, if in fact, i DID hit his car? And trust me, I would of KNOWN I hit his truck IF I did. (which i did not). Trust me, my rear bumper is not make of spikes.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/goblin87/IMG_0463.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/goblin87/IMG_0464.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/goblin87/IMG_0465.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/goblin87/IMG_0466.jpg

AS PER REQUEST

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/goblin87/IMG_0467.jpg

The bumper damage on his truck is 23" from ground, my black rub piece is same height. The crease you see 1" below my black rub piece has been there since I bought my vehicle, I will dig up a pic from when I first bought my car to PROVE this :D

EDIT

Cops are involved, I'm facing a hit and run charge.

Video will be relased for my viewing this Sunday, around 6:45PM

Cop wants me to email him after I see the video and to man up and pay and that would look GOOD at my part

Cop kept telling me I'm older and time to man up etc.

I did NOT cause the damage shown, regardless of vehicles touching.

EDIT 2

He dropped the charge

The video just showed me pulling out.

Waste of time.

Once you mention lawyers and big money, walmart job cant cut it.

And again, thanks boys for all your inputs and an avenue to let my frustration out.

chkolny541
06-04-2009, 07:06 PM
if the story is really how it happened, tell him to go fuck off.

Mibz
06-04-2009, 07:07 PM
If there's video then what's the problem?

Amysicle
06-04-2009, 07:09 PM
LOL ^+1. He might be doing it to everyone who happens to park in front of his house to try and collect some money to pay for the bumper he's not going to fix.

Good luck. What a douche.

you&me
06-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Should be pretty easy to prove if any part of your vehicle lines up with where the damage occurred on his. That looks to be a plastic part of his bumper that is scratched and not paint transfer. I'd also ask to see a copy of the tape, that is, if it even exists.

Sounds like a dick that's trying to get his bumper repaired for free by blaming someone else in a convenient circumstance.

He's likely not even calling the cops and was just hoping for you to lay down and pay him. Fuck that.

Femme
06-04-2009, 07:14 PM
If you know in fact that you didn't do it, then ask him for you to see the "video'' surveillence he claims he has of your doing.

Obviously, if you claim is honest, then you shouldn't be proven as the cause of the scratches on his truck.

Check to see that you don't have any dents or scratches on your vehicle that would correspond to you "hitting" his car.

sr20s14zenki
06-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Lets see pics of your rear bumper :D

lilmira
06-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Just tell him you have a video of him making out with a chicken and ask him if he wants to exchange video.

Seriously, if he does have a video showing that you backed into his truck, you are screwed. If not, there's nothing to worry about. I don't know if I want to leave my car there now if I were you.

scat19
06-04-2009, 07:31 PM
There is a camera attatched to the front of his house. However, he was so damn close in the beginning, you probably cant tell anyways. If I get said video, I will show it fa sho!

And also updated with a pic of my dirty ass bimmer

Wuzn me bitchez!

redevil
06-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Lets see pics of your rear bumper :D

does you BMW's bumper even line up to the height of the truck bumper? Post some pictures of your bumper as well. Your bumper would probably be much lower.

I bet it is that van in the picture that did it! hehe

5000Audi
06-04-2009, 07:33 PM
take a better pic of your bumprer.. hard so see on that angle.. but why not turn the claim around on him, he hit your bumprer.. if he parked as close as he did the video should show that... and say it was his fault..lol

FivE.SeveN
06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
You go back and say "lets see the video or fuck off", 'cause likely he's full of shit and you would KNOW if you backed into something. Usually there's a thump sound, followed by the "fuck me!" feeling of your car jolting to a stop against another vehicle. ;)

acura_el
06-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
take a better pic of your bumprer.. hard so see on that angle.. but why not turn the claim around on him, he hit your bumprer.. if he parked as close as he did the video should show that... and say it was his fault..lol

:werd: If there's a law against following too closely, there has to be something similar for this.:dunno:

blackteg2
06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Tapout sticker on rear window. 'nuff said

scat19
06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I assure you. There is NOTHING on the rear of the car. Even the dirt is still there :rofl:

you&me
06-04-2009, 07:53 PM

If anything, the truck likely did hit his bumper. As per the original post, Scat parked BEFORE the dick in the gay-as-aids Canyon got home...

If anyone did the hitting, it was the truck.

mac_82
06-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I hate people who think that the street in front of their house is reserved parking for them only. It is a public road, so GFY.

GL with the hit and run.

Ven
06-04-2009, 08:08 PM
I knew this guy would be an aggressive brainless dipshit the moment I saw the TapouT decal on his beginner truck.

That kind of plastic on the bumper is very hard to damage, especially like pictured, without having rubbed a concrete parking standard or Dimwits' ladyboy crashing into something and never told him.

You just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and Mr. Down Syndrome put it together on his own that since you're a bit close it must have been you.

Get the video, help Simple Simon uncross his eyes, and show him it wasn't you. Or just punch him in the twat and call it a favor.

buh_buh
06-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
Just tell him you have a video of him making out with a chicken and ask him if he wants to exchange video.

:rofl:

If you know you didn't do it, then him showing you and the cops the video will be pretty funny. So definitely ask for the video.

freshprince1
06-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Call a Beyond meet at the neighbors house, we will box him in with 1mm to spare on either side, and then we'll all wait there with video cameras in hand. When he comes to pull away, we'll have a video of him doing a hit and run on you.

Kennyredline
06-04-2009, 09:01 PM
He's just another example of a redneck fucktard that owns a pickup. I bet if you followed him around with a video camera for less than five minutes, he'll have racked up enough traffic infractions to make his bumper woes go away.

Zhariak
06-04-2009, 09:02 PM
I'd call the cops before he does and report a hit and run on your vehicle...

Kudo's for not blowing your cool.

I thank god everyday I don't get into a position like this because I'd SNAP! With no recourse whether I'd get into trouble for the things I do while snapping

I bought a new vehicle a year ago. Since then, I've had 6+ people hit my car lightly to leave a mark on it to prove a point. Just waiting for the day I catch one of these fuckers...

You guy's will hear about it in the news!!!! But ya, what a cunt. If you park infront of his house, if you don't make noise and if your polite and don't cause trouble, then you should be allowed to park out there.

scat19
06-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Cops just came and he's saying I have to man up, and Im going to court for hit and run.

spikerS
06-04-2009, 09:18 PM
unless he does have the video tape, there is nothing he can do to prove that you hit him, there was no witness to it, so it be pure speculation.

Paint transfer crap is only going to be called upon for major crimes as the cost involved is pretty high, and this does not warrant it. someone has been watching too much CSI.

even if the scuff marks line up, it is still circumstantial, and thus does not equal proof.

With this, the cops are powerless to do anything to you, or the insurance companies.

again, this is only if the video does not show you hitting his truck.

*edit* just saw that the cop came by.

Now the onus is on the other guy to prove in court, or the police officer, that it was in fact your car that caused the damage, and that it was not there prior. At this point tho, unless the officer has not done his due dilligence, the video does show you hitting the truck, and that the video exists.

scat19
06-04-2009, 09:19 PM
FUCK YO

dj_rice
06-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by scat19
Cops just came and he's saying I have to man up, and Im going to court for hit and run.

Did they give you a ticket for tinted front windshield?

scat19
06-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Not the time douchebag, fuck off out of my thread.

He noticed the tint and said whatever, other cars have it too.

Alterac
06-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Silversprings?

dubol
06-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Call a Beyond meet at the neighbors house, we will box him in with 1mm to spare on either side, and then we'll all wait there with video cameras in hand. When he comes to pull away, we'll have a video of him doing a hit and run on you.

:rofl: :clap:

1-Bar
06-04-2009, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't worry too much, he has to prove 100% that you hit him at that time and did the damage pictured. IMO its hard to do since there is no reference of how his truck's condition was prior to the event.....

you&me
06-04-2009, 09:51 PM

Again, in your original post, you say HE parked within 1mm of your bumper, implying he came AFTER you parked infront of his house.

If he wasn't there when you initially parked, how would you have hit him?

Tik-Tok
06-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Unless he has some super hi-def camera, chances are the judge will assume he hit YOU (not that there's any marks on your car)

soupey
06-04-2009, 09:57 PM
yikes, some people are assholes

still tho, clean that bumper up and take another cleaner (bigger or closer up) pic!

Kloubek
06-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
I hate people who think that the street in front of their house is reserved parking for them only. It is a public road, so GFY.

GL with the hit and run.

I had some native dude get up in my face about that very thing. I just told him to make his move if he was gonna. He ended up backing off.

OP: Seriously - the guy is just a loser. I'd bark right back at him if you know it wasn't you. Tell him to stick his so-called video up his ass because you KNOW it doesn't show your vehicle hitting his.

Amysicle
06-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by you&me
Again, in your original post, you say HE parked within 1mm of your bumper, implying he came AFTER you parked infront of his house.

If he wasn't there when you initially parked, how would you have hit him? Douchebag with the truck is probably going to claim since OP drives standard and was parked on a slight incline, that he rolled back into his truck.

rc2002
06-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Did your car roll back and hit his when you were moving your car back in front of your gf's house?

If so, it might look bad for you in court. Especially if he gets you on video moving your car up such a short distance for no obvious reason. If the damage doesn't line up then you probably have a case.

Either way, it's a shitty situation because you have to put up with him every time you go to your gf's place.

scat19
06-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Did your car roll back and hit his when you were moving your car back in front of your gf's house?

If so, it might look bad for you in court. Especially if he gets you on video moving your car up such a short distance for no obvious reason. If the damage doesn't line up then you probably have a case.

Either way, it's a shitty situation because you have to put up with him every time you go to your gf's place.

I saw he parked so close, so I decided to move it to do exactly the opposite - not to cause anything further.

I knew he parked close for the reason of "this is my spot blah blah"

I will def be posting the video, when I get a copy this sunday at around 6pm.

lilmira
06-04-2009, 10:28 PM
If you did roll back over such short distance even a few inches (not sure if you are exaggerating, 1mm is pretty damn short) and then hit his truck, it shouldn't have made that big of a scuff mark unless you bumper is made of sand paper. To make that kind of scuff mark, I would expect to see movement of the truck on impact.

se7en
06-04-2009, 10:30 PM
NICE! subscribed.

Can't wait to see said video!!

5000Audi
06-04-2009, 11:45 PM
he is such a douche, the video will most likly entail the look of him hitting you vs you hitting him, and he might say " he drives a stick and rolled back into my car" BUT im pretty sure most people that drive stick dont always have to roll back when going forword.. easy as letting out the clutch till the point the rpm almost die and then letting of the brake to hit the gas.. no rolback at all..but again his video will show him parking on YOUR ass making it almost impossible to get out of the parking spot without hitting a car.. a judge might even put fault on this trevor SOB for his parking job...

oh and heres somthing you can do to take to court, take a mesuring tape, messure from the ground up to the scratches on his bumper ** take pic with messurement**

now messure your bumper from ground up and take a picture**

now with a sharpie put a black mark onto the lenght that was the damage on the tape. once again hold up to your bumper and indicate where the *damage* of his vehical would have be caused fron your car..** take a pic**. thats a way to win a case...

syeve
06-05-2009, 12:22 AM
omg, what a waste of time and money. Sorry dude.

Like it has been said, he has to prove it. Don't panic, this will likely just turn out to be a huge waste of your time. :facepalm:

eb0i
06-05-2009, 12:36 AM
Fuck I hate douce bags like this. I am eagerly waiting to see this video now to see what he has on you. But like others said, even if you did roll back when moving the car, its highly improbable that it would cause that kind of damage on his truck :thumbsdow

ReflexFX
06-05-2009, 12:39 AM
dammn thats bs. i hate douches like that. subscribed!

PremiumRSX
06-05-2009, 01:10 AM
In to see what the outcome is.

you&me
06-05-2009, 06:03 AM
nm

scat19
06-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Ok, so it's the morning time, and I'm still as pissed as I was last night.

The cop was talking to me last night, saying that I have to man up, I'm so and so old now, etc. etc.

He said that when I see the video, and confess it's my fault, I have to e-mail the cop and say I'm taking care of the bumper etc. However, I'll still be going to court, but saying after seeing the video and fixing said bumper it'll look good on me.

INSTEAD - I will obtain a copy of said video and forward it to my lawyer, and see if he can go ANYWERE with this video in court. If the lawyer says it'll be tough for Trevor to prove, I'm really thinking of countersuing for stress, time, all that crap - just so he'll think twice next time.

The cop is siding with Trevor right away, this is absolute bullshit.

We'll see on Sunday at around 6pm.

freshprince1
06-05-2009, 08:45 AM
I am more excited for the release of this video than any movie that has ever come out.

Stick to him OP, this guy is asking for it.

TKRIS
06-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Be careful.
Douchenozzle has a "Tapout" sticker on the back window. He must train UFC.
:rofl:

The_Rural_Juror
06-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS

Douchenozzle

A.C. fan?:rofl:

TKRIS
06-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

A.C. fan?:rofl:

A.C.=Adam Carolla?
If so, yes.

ZorroAMG
06-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, cause Adam Carolla invented that word...lol

Anyway, I think when no video shows up, you'll be fine. There is no way in hell a smooth flat bumper could cause that kind of damage to plastic.

I'd tell the cop to give his fucking head a shake if he couldn't see that.

Pahnda
06-05-2009, 09:09 AM
In German we call this kind of guy a "douchen baggen"

w_man
06-05-2009, 09:14 AM
What a load of crap ... Why does this guy have to be such a douche? If I had a legit claim against the OP and had it on video .. I would simply show him the video before going to the cops and making it a big deal ...

Something seems super shaddy ... It could be that the OP hit this guy's bumper but that damage doesn't seem fit ...

Almost seems like this guy had damaged the bumper before .. parked so close on purpose with his video camera rolling ... and then blamed it on the OP for a free fix.

Lets see what happens on the video ...

GQBalla
06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
wow what a load of shit -

your car and his truck doesn't even line up to make that mark -

post video and tell them to GFY

barmanjay
06-05-2009, 09:24 AM
.... take a mesuring tape, messure from the ground up to the scratches on his bumper ** take pic with messurement**

now with a sharpie put a black mark onto the lenght that was the damage on the tape. once again hold up to your bumper and indicate where the *damage* of his vehical would have be caused fron your car..** take a pic**. thats a way to win a case...

regardless of video or not,.. should do this anyways

sh0ko
06-05-2009, 09:32 AM
good luck

i cant believe the fukin cop.. sidin up to the dumb prick right away....

now IM NOT accusing you but simply asking...was any kinda "attitude" or "lip" given to the cop by u? Because i can purely understand your frustration and anger if u did.(id probably snap) and that mighta made the cop pick sides....

even then.. is the guy not smart enough to see the difference in high between your cars?!

good luck to u scat
get that asshole....countersue when you do and WILL win your court date

hahaha tapout sticker....ive seen this fucker driving around like a complete and utter asshole....

hes obviously full of shit with the video tape.. if it truly was "your fault" he woulda had no problem calling you into his house and showing you were at fault... however.. if hes so defensive and wat not so easily. and failed to agree to show you the tape.. this guy has something else in store for him

no worries man.. you can sit back and relax while he makes an ass of himself in court as soon as that play button is pressed...
not to mention if y9ur car hit him... (u need a car wash ;) ) wouldnt part of that dirt be scraped off? looks like its undisturbed...

GOOD LUCk

scat19
06-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Talking to legal council, this charge carries 7 demerits, and up to $2300 in fines.

I have 8 demerits on my license currently. This carries 7, so thats 15. The maximum. That means no license for 1 year.

Monday morning I'm promptly going to the laywers office to show the video and see what's up.

Talked to a small claims lawyer, he said it might be difficult to go after. But I'm keeping it in the cards, douchebags like this need to learn. :rolleyes:

EDIT - I already measured, I think I wrote about it somewhere.

23" off the ground is the damage, 23" off the ground is MY black rub strip.

EDIT 2 - shoko - I didn't give any lip, my girlfriend was surprised how calm I was. And she knows how I get on the road when some idiot pulls something (cut off, sitting at a light, not going, you know simple stuff)

Kennyredline
06-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Why did he make a video anyway? Does this not smack of this asshole setting up a conflict? How did he know to stand there with a camera waiting for you to move your car?

scat19
06-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
Why did he make a video anyway? Does this not smack of this asshole setting up a conflict? How did he know to stand there with a camera waiting for you to move your car?

He lives in a room there. The landlord owns WolfPack Security, and he has security cameras around the house.

Kennyredline
06-05-2009, 09:51 AM
What a prick. I'm willing to bet that if this went to court, any Justice would see this as nothing more than buddy just trying to make trouble; he could have parked anywhere else, but he just had to make a point that is irrelevant anyway.

nusneak
06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
How is this moron not liable for pulling up that close to your car (IF the damage was even caused by your car)???

People do not own the road in front of their house, but you are only allowed to park on a road for 72 hours unless you live on that road, pending no permit required.

bubbley
06-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Be careful he has a TAPOUT sticker, mofo might put you in a choke hold and make you admit it was u

scat19
06-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Another point.

The cop said that if I had surrendered my information, License reg/ins etc, that he wouldn't be involved.

I said wait, I would ONLY do that if I hit him and it WAS my fault.

The reason YOU (the cops are here) because it WASNT ME. Duh?

You're the mediator, that's why you're here. :bullshit:

se7en
06-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Fuck, I would so punch that motherfucker in the fucking face.

This kinda shit pissed me off.

go look at that video, and then shove your dick in his ear to help him listen.

Post his address so i can do it for you next time I am in calgary.

What a fucking asshole.

kaput
06-05-2009, 10:42 AM

acura_el
06-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Chances are he probably knows the cop which is why the cop seems to be taking sides. When this does end up in court, you should press the judge to not allow the the cop to express his opinion (assuming he has nothing better to do and shows up as well) since he wasn't a witness to the 'incident'. Have the judge draw a conclusion based purely on the video since there were no other witnesses.

Good luck and definitely countersue.

acura_el
06-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by kaput
Maybe one of the traffic cops and comment, but I seem to remember my driving instructor many many years ago saying there was some sort of provision for cases where the person in the rear stops too close for the vehicle ahead to pull away without rolling back into them. Does anyone know or is this just another traffic myth?

I remember hearing something about a maximum roll back of 6" too. Can't confirm for sure though.

urban.one
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
if you do this, try to go back to the same spot and see if the incline of the road makes any difference and take this into consideration. even if it doesnt, if you dont consider it, it could make your evidence questionable.

wait to see the video. the quality of the image will be important. was he really parked mm from your car or was it a foot? sometimes its hard to remember details.

Id also go to a GM dealer and talk to someone about those bumpers and if theres complains about them scratching easy and ask if the bodyshop (experts) believe it could be scratched so easily in the situation described.

oh and heres somthing you can do to take to court, take a mesuring tape, messure from the ground up to the scratches on his bumper ** take pic with messurement**

atgilchrist
06-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you only have to report an accident to the police if the damage is over $1000? Judging by the scratch on the plastic bumper of the truck, there is no way that would cost a grand to fix.

:dunno:

Good luck man!

scat19
06-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the tips and what not guys. I read every post and investigate, even though I do not quote and reply to you.

Thanks again boys.

Ven
06-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Mr. Shit Skid knew that cop.

w_man
06-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Also I wonder if you will get the full video of him actually parking his truck so close to you and if there is evidence that he didn’t HAVE to ... eg: there was enough room behind him to reverse a little when he was parking.

I am sure if this whole scenario is presented to a judge and he sees this douche parking purposely so close to your car to begin with ... he'll throw the whole thing out and probably make him at least pay your legal fees.

Hope there's nothing disappointing in the video ... GL scat.

403Gemini
06-05-2009, 11:13 AM
If there is a video of this, I would assume you were there before him and he parked behind you... wouldn't there be evidence on the video of just that? The video showing him pulling up behind you and not you backing into him?

And DEFINATELY Do the measuring tape pictures ASAP.

scat19
06-05-2009, 11:14 AM
WMAN: I know. I'm making sure I get 2 minutes BEFORE he arrives to park, and 2 minutes after I leave.

Gemini: Please see above, I did take measurements - The two black rub strips, his and mine, line up. If you read my first post, I was parked and he came and parked behind me.

buh_buh
06-05-2009, 11:16 AM
:werd: if there's a video of you allegedly hitting his bumper when moving your car, there's a video of him pulling up mms behind your car. If you know for a fact you didn't hit him, you should have no concerns at all, especially if he's the one with video evidence that you didn't do it. Him having a video actually helps you in this situation imo.

403Gemini
06-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Good!

Good luck to you scat! Keep us updated

edit: what time of day was this video taken? Mid day? evening? Late at night?

scat19
06-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Good!

Good luck to you scat! Keep us updated

edit: what time of day was this video taken? Mid day? evening? Late at night?

6:45 PM ish. So it WAS light out.

If it were at night, he wouldn't of even bothered because it wouldn't pick up shit.

TKRIS
06-05-2009, 11:22 AM
My guess: There's no way in shit this guy is going to give video evidence (presuming it even exists) that he pulled up 4mm from your bumper.

403Gemini
06-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS
My guess: There's no way in shit this guy is going to give video evidence (presuming it even exists) that he pulled up 4mm from your bumper.

He lives in a room there. The landlord owns WolfPack Security, and he has security cameras around the house.

Apparently the video belongs to the landlord. I'd request a copy of the video from the landlord for an upcoming court date as it will be required as evidence.

scat19
06-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Yep I'm def getting a copy and I'm def getting it expanded either side of the incident.

Sugarphreak
06-05-2009, 11:30 AM

403Gemini
06-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Did you get the name of the cop by chance?

blackteg2
06-05-2009, 11:36 AM
not very intelligent of the OP to post the guys phone number/name online. you never know who is watching this.

scat19
06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
CPS Badge # 3717

His name is scribbled on the accident report form :/

G something - Spumll or spurrril or spumil

Greg, george, etc.

scat19
06-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by blackteg2
not very intelligent of the OP to post the guys phone number/name online. you never know who is watching this.

Name and phone numbers are public information :banghead:

403Gemini
06-05-2009, 11:39 AM
So i turned on my home comp (my work laptop wont let me view the pics) and i took a look at the pics of the damage on his bumper... I used to look at A LOT of damages caused by people getting rear ended, backed into, etc.

Those pictures only show damage to a small area on his bumper, in most cases where a person gets rear ended / backed into their bumper has a scuff all the way accross (basically the width of your bumper) - it's not like your BMW has a trailer hitch or anything sticking out of the back of it...

Disoblige
06-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Wow, this is looking good for you. The thing I'd be pissed about is the cop already assuming you did it and told you to fess up. I hope he's going to be at court. You can clearly point out all of his incompetencies too (of course, being professional about it at the same time). As people have said, the damage doesn't match up so WTF is this? And plus the fact you got handed a outrageous ticket when there was no hard evidence other than some shit that Tapout douche could have done himself.

tom_9109
06-05-2009, 11:41 AM
The kind of damage on his is not the kind you get when two cars bump square. He's full of shit, I can dig out a dozen pics of what that damage would look like.

scat19
06-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Gemini and Disoblige

It's the front bumper too! Rocks, road debris...

It's an 06 canyon - 3 years old now too :banghead:

scat19
06-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by tom_9109
The kind of damage on his is not the kind you get when two cars bump square. He's full of shit, I can dig out a dozen pics of what that damage would look like.

Post em up please.

Destinova403
06-05-2009, 11:44 AM
^^ if either of them are accident investigators or have some training in it you just found yourself an expert witness.

Sugarphreak
06-05-2009, 11:46 AM

01RedDX
06-05-2009, 11:46 AM

bituerbo
06-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Get me OP's first and last name, I can find out if he's ever tried anything like this before.

EDIT: Not OP's first/last, but the guy who's going after OP. SRY.

ricosuave
http://www.facebook.com/people/Trevor-Ferris/5525328#/profile.php?sid=82ece8e4b8ee97057f5871381b8ba8bf&id=691802320&hiq=trevor%2Cfarris&ref=search

this the guy?

the 'damage' on his bumper looks nothing like a bumper rub. looks like he bumped into a concrete wall.

403Gemini
Originally posted by bituerbo
Get me OP's first and last name, I can find out if he's ever tried anything like this before.

lol why would we do that? scat19's been on here long enough, i trust what he's saying :dunno:

FullMetal
06-05-2009, 11:49 AM
:facepalm: this reminds me of when i was at a car wash once, the car wash was packed and there was a van waiting his turn, so the guy behind him went soo close up the vans ass to make room for other cars to take a spot in line as well, then the vans turn came, the guy put it in drive and his van jerked back a bit and hit the douche parked soo close to his ass, there wasnt any dent or even paint transfer lol, every thing went good they both came out shook hands and was calling it the day then another douche bag from the other lane started to yell and bark saying thats a hit and run and that the damage will cost like 3 gs to replace a damn bumper lol when he was telling at the poor guy in the van i went down to see the damage and sadly to say there was no scratches, then the guy that was yelling started to get a bit puchy and personal vs the guy in the van witch he was "black" and the guy in the other lane was "white" the thing that pissed me off was when the guy told the van owner to go back to his country thats when i unleashed at the guy and was soo close to punch him in the fucking face, thats when the carwash owner came out and held me back and told me "those kinda fags always try to cause truble please let him bark" lol thats when i told the guy in the van to give the guy that he hit all his info and to make sure he got the guys info that he hit as well and to call me if something happens as in it going to court or it comes to the cops, but he didnt call so i guess nothing happend.

To the OP ima say when i read ur post about the cop first thing that came to mind is he knows the other guy thats claming that u hit him, also make sure u see the video somehow before u go to court cuz in this time he might be playing with the video and editing it to make it look like u did hit him... good luck

403Gemini
06-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ricosuave
http://www.facebook.com/people/Trevor-Ferris/5525328#/profile.php?sid=82ece8e4b8ee97057f5871381b8ba8bf&id=691802320&hiq=trevor%2Cfarris&ref=search

this the guy?

This profile of his shows his friends:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?sid=82ece8e4b8ee97057f5871381b8ba8bf&id=691802320&hiq=trevor%2Cfarris&ref=search#/profile.php?sid=95dd5f82bf476e8b1a598acb241ee080&id=1321063174&hiq=trevor%2Cfarris&ref=search

I tried to see if the cop was his friend, but it was nothing under his friends that matched the info the cop provided to scat19

FivE.SeveN
06-05-2009, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't have talked to the cop at all btw, he'll try to spin what you said into a confession of some kind.

Subscribed waiting for video

bubbley
06-05-2009, 11:52 AM
I think this douche purposely parked close to you to screw you on this as someone else hit him and thinks he has the perfect oppurtunity to screw you and get his damage repaired with his "video camera" because what the camera is going to show is your car basically 1 mm away from his car...thus portraying your car hitting his car..now lets see if his "video" shows the douche parking AFTER you had already parked and getting as close to you as possible. Hell if there is a so called video its going to screw him as it will look like he actually hit you trying to get as close to you as possible