PDA

View Full Version : LF / FT: Laptop

torob
06-05-2009, 03:17 PM
I have a Compaq Presario R3000 that broke on me, when i hook up the power adapter, i think it goes into protection mode and the led on brick turns off and it makes a WIZZ noise. (possibly a short circuit somewhere, ac jack, not sure)

I'm looking around for a really cheap laptop, i don't have time to fix the compaq. Cheap = $100

Need something pretty good performance wise, battery etc. I'll mainly be using it to remote into my desktop, while on the side Internet / Word etc.

Anything that matches the Compaqs performance would be great (2.0GHZ AMD solocore, 1gb memory, 80 or so gb hdd, )

Also if anyone is wanting to give the laptop a shot, i'll give it as a trade

I'm a student so i need something that works

Let me know of any offers you see around, or if you have a laptop.

vinc456
06-05-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm interested in your Compaq Presario R3000. If it's convenient I can meet you for pickup at the U of C. I'm there around 3 days a week.

I'm also selling an Eeepc. (details in my sig, click the link) It's not very powerful performance-wise but is sufficient for text editing and connecting to a remote machine at home. (which is what I basically used it for) It's affordable and great for a student. Let me know if you're interested.

kvanderlaag
06-06-2009, 09:08 AM
I'd be willing to check out the AC jack for you, if you want. I've had to repair burned out solder joints on an HP and an Acer for exactly that problem. Does it smoke? My HP did.

torob
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by vinc456
I'm interested in your Compaq Presario R3000. If it's convenient I can meet you for pickup at the U of C. I'm there around 3 days a week.

I'm also selling an Eeepc. (details in my sig, click the link) It's not very powerful performance-wise but is sufficient for text editing and connecting to a remote machine at home. (which is what I basically used it for) It's affordable and great for a student. Let me know if you're interested.

Do you mean a trade for the EEE?

Originally posted by kvanderlaag
I'd be willing to check out the AC jack for you, if you want. I've had to repair burned out solder joints on an HP and an Acer for exactly that problem. Does it smoke? My HP did.

No smoke, i had it plugged in and running, i went for a quick shower, came back saw the laptop off. After that i noticed the charger had stopped working, and it probably ran on battery power until it drained.

vinc456
06-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I thought you were giving it away. No I'm selling my EEE. If you're interested send me a PM.