PDA

View Full Version : HELP ! ! ! (chamber kits)

EnRich
10-28-2003, 02:05 PM
OK so heres my story... I have a lowered 2002 Honda Accord... I've put KONI YELLOWS and H&R 1.5 Springs on in Spring 2003... I'm running 215/45/17s which I also put on in Spring 2003... I had run the tires (Kumbo) the summer before when the car wasn't lowered and didn't have any alterations done... The tires still had alot of tread on them when I put em on this year... Just last week I got a flat on the front left tire... The tires were still at 30-40 % tread so I thought I had just gotten some nail or something in it, so I took it to Fountain Tire for repair... They told me that the tire was unrepairable because it was completly warn out on the far inside where you couldn't even see... They told me that the lowering job and the alignment on my car was completly fucked and that was what caused it to go flat like it was... I didn't install a chamber kit because no one told me it needed to be done... I used Tire Craft which advertises on this site, they're supposed to be one of the best in town... I phoned them today to ask them why my car burned up these tires so fast and they told me that they didn't warrently any of their work when they lower their cars... I had an alignment done when I lowered the car, so I'm really pissed off now... REALLY PISSED... So I guess I'm going to need a chamber kit, which I need this week because I have 4 BRAND new winter tires going on which I dont want warn out in a matter of months because of this allignment job... Also my rear tires are at only 5% tread for some unknown reason... so I'll need all 4 summer tires replaced... Can anyone help me with chamber kits, Tuner Works asked for 844 bucks to do all 4 sides... Thats a little unreal... I was expecting around 300 - 400... So what kinda chamber kit should I buy, why wasn't I told to buy one when I was buying all my other shit??? Will a chamber kit solve my problem??? Also my rear wheels are bending inwards I've noticed...

Rich

JustinL
10-28-2003, 02:08 PM
I'm gonna have to recommend the "gas chamber" kit. Just set it up have a seat and throw the switch.

VOILA!! All your problems are solved!

:devil:

Justin

EnRich
10-28-2003, 02:10 PM
I'd also like to mention that I didn't even get 35,000 kms outta these tires... Is that normal I mean wtfs the point of buying 800 bucks worth of tires for 35k??? Why do you guys think these tires are wearing so damn quick??? Esp considering I dont rip around on them... Is all this because of a bad lowering job??? Comments please....

THANKS

RICH

rage2
10-28-2003, 02:17 PM
When you lower a car, the camber (not chamber) gets negative. Actually, toe, camber, caster, all gets affected. When you do an alignment after the lowering, everything gets set as close to spec as possible, and the camber gets adjusted as positive as possible, but chances are, it's still well off on the negative side of spec. A camber kit would allow you to reset your camber back to factory specs, without it, you're riding on fairly negative camber.

On some cars, if you adjust camber back to specs, it'll rub...

35,000km wear is awesome depending on the tire. I'm lucky to get 6000km out of a set of tires :). Neither of my SLK's have hit 35,000km yet, but I think I've gone through about 12 sets of tires between the 2 cars.

littledan
10-28-2003, 02:45 PM
i don't think hondas have camber adjustment from the factory... well mine doesn't anyway. i've read on honda-tech.com though that it is not camber but toe that will chew through your tires very quickly... what i'm doing is putting a camber kit on the front and leavign the rear as is since the wear is not too bad on the back... next time you get an alignment pay close attention to what the toe specs are before and after. good luck man.

EnRich
10-28-2003, 03:05 PM
I need all the info you guys can have/experiances with Ingalls chamber kits... I've heard that their usless for cars lower above 1.4 inches... Mine are lowered 1.5 + koni's are supposed to lower another .5 or something... I need this uneven tire wear to stop....

Rich

Moe Man
10-28-2003, 05:43 PM
shit i have a question also......since i put my sub box in my car it sunk down the rear and rasied the front so i have a big wheel gap in the front,if i where to lower just the front say one inch would i need a camber kit.....and i dont know if 1"is enough to even out the wheel gaps between the front and back

shelbix2020
10-28-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by rage2
35,000km wear is awesome depending on the tire. I'm lucky to get 6000km out of a set of tires :). Neither of my SLK's have hit 35,000km yet, but I think I've gone through about 12 sets of tires between the 2 cars.
Hell yeah ... I barely got 40k on a set of tires for my Jeep, thick tread too lol I was pushin white belts when I sold it

G
10-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by rage2
...I'm lucky to get 6000km out of a set of tires :). Neither of my SLK's have hit 35,000km yet, but I think I've gone through about 12 sets of tires between the 2 cars.

It's because Calgary is one big formula 1 track to you just ask ScCab. :rofl: