PDA

View Full Version : Olives Restaurant

89coupe
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Anyone eaten here, gonna try it out tonight.

http://www.olivesrestaurant.ca/

beyond_ban
06-06-2009, 04:46 PM
What kind of price range is this place? Specifically, the lunch menu.

dannie
06-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I have been there twice. Both times were ok. I prefer Mercato 100 times to Olives. That being said, I am heading out to Bistro 2210 tonite and they have always had great food.

www.bistro2210.com

89coupe
06-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by dannie
I have been there twice. Both times were ok. I prefer Mercato 100 times to Olives. That being said, I am heading out to Bistro 2210 tonite and they have always had great food.

www.bistro2210.com

Bistro 2210 is great, you will like it. Small and intimate, casual atmosphere and good food.

Never tried Olives, so I figured I would give it a try.

you&me
06-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Bistro 2210 is great, you will like it. Small and intimate, casual atmosphere and good food.

Never tried Olives, so I figured I would give it a try.

It's like a four-fifths Mercato... good for something different.

Hmm, 2210 hey? That sounds good tonight...

dannie
06-06-2009, 05:58 PM
I had the osso buco and the rib eye each time. The osso buco was good, but not the best I ever had and the rib eye was just ok. Post what you think of the place. I found the lay out very very similar to mercato. Like the poster above said, its four-fifths mercato.

There is a wine bar in the same complex that I want to try. Its called Zia Enoteca. Seems like a neat kind of place

http://www.zias.ca/

ZorroAMG
06-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I ate lunch at Olives shortly after opening and had the herbed Gnocchi with braised oxtail ragout and it was phenomenal...tried the Arctic char I believe, as well...both fantastic dishes. Their Caprese-esque tomato and mozza salad was not bad...I have had better though.

Nothing touches the steak for 2 at mercato though!

Enjoy!

buh_buh
06-06-2009, 06:16 PM
I was there a couple weeks ago. The beef carpacccio was great, everything else was not so memorable.

89coupe
06-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Well over all it wasn't bad, nothing WOW, but decent food.

We started off with the Antipasto Platter, Steamed Mussels, & Carpaccio, all good, not WOW, but good.

Then the four of us shared the Ravioli & Gnocchi, again good, but not WOW.

Service was really slow so we ended up ordering 3 bottles of wine...LOL

We finished off with 3 orders of the Halibut & one order of the Short Ribs.

Over all it was good food and a fun atmosphere, I would go back again, but not until I tried other places.

ZorroAMG
06-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah, the one thing severely lacking that you reminded me of was the HORRIBLY slow service.

C- on that portion for sure.

Baron O' Funk
06-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I liked Olives, but yes they were packed and slow.

Bistro 2210 is sick. Duck Poutine... mmmmmm :drool:.

I havent found much that beats my fave right now, Alloy is dynamite.

bg_27
06-12-2009, 01:37 PM
This is a Hotel Arts group restaurant, I have yet to be impressed by any of their restaurants (Chef's Table, Saint Germain, etc.).

For their price range, I think there are other better restaurants in the city.

van
06-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by dannie
I had the osso buco and the rib eye each time. The osso buco was good, but not the best I ever had and the rib eye was just ok. Post what you think of the place. I found the lay out very very similar to mercato. Like the poster above said, its four-fifths mercato.

There is a wine bar in the same complex that I want to try. Its called Zia Enoteca. Seems like a neat kind of place

http://www.zias.ca/

Kinda OT but isn't that lude_grl on the first photograph on the flash banner on the zias website? lol.

sexualbanana
06-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by van

Kinda OT but isn't that lude_grl on the first photograph on the flash banner on the zias website? lol.

Probably not. She doesn't have any meth sores on her lips. :rofl:

Neil4Speed
06-16-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by van

I don't think so, but It does look allot like her! lol