View Full Version : Alberta GM Dealership Closing List

2BLUE
06-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Alberta
Beaverhill GMC pontiac Buick 5031 - 53rd Avenue, Tofield. AB
W. Paradee Pontiac Buick GMC Inc. 5404 - 48 Avenue, Taber, AB
Grove Pontiac Buick GMC, 200 St. Matthews Ave. Spruce Grove
Murray Chevrolet 7820 Sparrow Crest Leduc AB
Northland Pontiac Buick GMC Ltd - 5100 Shaganappi Trail NW, Calgary (IM GLAD THERE GONE) NORTHLAND IDIOTS)
Northway Pontiac Buick Ltd 4815 Street, Redwater AB
Ponoka Chevrolet Ltd. 6305 Avenue Ponoka, AB
Rempel Chevrolet 4601-49 Street Hardisty, AB
Schwab's Wetaskiwn Chevrolet 4710 - 56 Street Wetaskiwin
Shaganappi South. 7711 Macleod Trail SW. Calgary, AB
Southgate Chevrolet - 15100 MacLeod Trail SE, Calgary, AB
Stampede GMC Pontiac Buick; 1110 - 9 Ave SW; Calgary AB
Stedelbauer Chevrolet Inc 13145 97 Street NW Edmonton, AB
Sundre Motors Chevrolet Address: 104 Main Avenue East,
Three Hills Motors Chevrolet Pontiac Buick GMC 2 Street North

Nissanaddict
06-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Sucks for the very recently renovated Southgate I'd say.

schocker
06-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Northland was an easy choice for them
I did go to shaganappi north though the other day to see if they had any camaros and to try a cobalt ss but no one paid any attention so i left.:dunno:
Great service when the company is doing so well.:rofl:

Xtrema
06-07-2009, 06:48 PM
They close 4 Calgary shops and only 1 Edmonton one?

hampstor
06-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
Alberta
Sundre Motors Chevrolet Address: 104 Main Avenue East,

:cry:
I owe my life in Canada to this family.

where did you get this list?

corsvette
06-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I will miss Sundre motors,one of the last true small town dealers.

Graham_A_M
06-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Oh God I wish Airdrie Pontiac was on that list. :banghead:

Sucks about Shaganappi south though.
:dunno:

FLARE
06-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Oh God I wish Airdrie Pontiac was on that list. :banghead:

Sucks about Shaganappi south though.
:dunno:

Why? What happened there?

S13_Ryan
06-07-2009, 09:04 PM
i would have a good laugh if the brand new jack carter in douglasdale was on that list to go.:rofl: :rofl:

Tik-Tok
06-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
They close 4 Calgary shops and only 1 Edmonton one?

A lot of riggers/natives in edmonton. How many of either drive imports?

VetteRacin
06-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
I will miss Sundre motors,one of the last true small town dealers.

Are you from that town? Just curious..that dealership i found was always a bit on the expensive side.

corsvette
06-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by VetteRacin

Are you from that town? Just curious..that dealership i found was always a bit on the expensive side.
Spend a LOT of time up there,expencive to buy a car/truck form,but they delivered real personal sevice,you go there a few times and they know you by name.It is hard to see the small town mom/pop dealers go.

Aleks
06-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Does anyone know if these dealers have a deadline to sell their stock by? Something like in the US where Chrysler dealers had to get rid of all their cars by June 9 IIRC or they lose their stock because they can't legally sell them after that.

It would be interesting to go in there on the last day and start throwing out ridiculars offers on stuff.

heavyD
06-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
It would be interesting to go in there on the last day and start throwing out ridiculars offers on stuff.

I wondered that as well. I would think you should be able to get some vechilces below dealer cost.

Aleks
06-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

I wondered that as well. I would think you should be able to get some vechilces below dealer cost.

Last week on Cnn there was an article about a Chrysler dealer that had 9 days left and they were selling at 40% below MSRP at that point. I am guessing on the last day there would be even better deals. Haven't heard of anything like this in Canada yet though.

SJW
06-08-2009, 07:37 AM
I drove up to Edmonton to buy my truck because all the dealers here are douchebags.

Neil4Speed
06-08-2009, 07:43 AM

Last week on Cnn there was an article about a Chrysler dealer that had 9 days left and they were selling at 40% below MSRP at that point. I am guessing on the last day there would be even better deals. Haven't heard of anything like this in Canada yet though.

I find that interesting, I am surprised that the other remaining dealers wouldn't just buy them.

Masked Bandit
06-08-2009, 08:09 AM
The only Calgary shop on that list that surprises me is Southgate. I assumed they were doing well if they were willing to spend a bunch of money on renovations.

adam c
06-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

A lot of riggers/natives in edmonton. How many of either drive imports?

how many natives do you see driving new cars? all i see are them driving shit box vans

stikkyp
06-08-2009, 09:16 AM
There may be more pending what happend to GM in future deals.. I know the LEDUC dealer was a part of our Autogroup and the only Murray store that shut down. However i'm sure that there will be a couple more closures.. Leduc GM has had 3 Camaro's and we haven't seen our first.. Little odd...

masoncgy
06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Northland Pontiac.. no surprise, it's right next to another GM dealer and it doesn't have the best reputation.

No surprise about Shaganappi south either... once the McKay name was gone I figured it would be a matter of time.

Too bad about Stampede GM downtown... they have an excellent service department... puts douchebags like CMP to shame, and yet their doors stay open.

Southgate is a surprise... as mentioned, it's recently renovated.

Alak
06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Mechanic at work has had his 08 3500 into stampede to fix his squeaky belt about 7 or 8 times under warernty. Apparently everyone hears it except for them. So he just lets her squeal away until it catastrophically fails. Better happen soon or he wont be able to drive it though their front door.

Tik-Tok
06-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by adam c

how many natives do you see driving new cars? all i see are them driving shit box vans

Those shitbox vans ARE new :rofl:

Graham_A_M
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Does anyone know if these dealers have a deadline to sell their stock by? Something like in the US where Chrysler dealers had to get rid of all their cars by June 9 IIRC or they lose their stock because they can't legally sell them after that.

:werd: :rofl:

2EFNFAST
06-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

:werd: :rofl:

Yea, I wana know too :clap:

dannie
06-08-2009, 11:41 PM
I had one of my vehicles in to Southgate today for a repair and I mentioned to the shuttle driver that I had seen they were on the hitlist. He said that they weren't going to be shut down due to their high customer satisfaction rate and that I must be wrong.

So, I went on about my day and he came back to my office earlier than I expected him and he had mentioned it to his boss. His boss was less than impressed and wanted to see the list. So I printed this page off and gave it to the driver.

I guess the owner hadnt mentioned it to the staff yet. I feel kinda bad for being the one to break it to him.

2EFNFAST
06-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by dannie
I had one of my vehicles in to Southgate today for a repair and I mentioned to the shuttle driver that I had seen they were on the hitlist. He said that they weren't going to be shut down due to their high customer satisfaction rate and that I must be wrong.

So, I went on about my day and he came back to my office earlier than I expected him and he had mentioned it to his boss. His boss was less than impressed and wanted to see the list. So I printed this page off and gave it to the driver.

I guess the owner hadnt mentioned it to the staff yet. I feel kinda bad for being the one to break it to him.

Hmmmm, would it be a jackass move to go there tomorrow and ask to buy a corvette for $20k, citing that since they're on the hitlist they should liquidate inventory now? :angel:

Masked Bandit
06-09-2009, 08:09 AM

Ah, with the list going public they would have found out about it in a day or two anyway.

Masked Bandit
06-10-2009, 08:25 PM
So I was having a little chat with someone on the inside of Southgate Chev and according to them, THEY ARE IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS NOT ON THE LIST OF CLOSURES. According to them, the list that exists which has Southgate listed is out of T.O. and false. I was also told that there is a lawsuit pending against the author of that list.

Don't know if it's true or not, take it as another opinion.

corsvette
06-10-2009, 10:13 PM
it would seem strange that a chev dealership would be closing,mostly the pontiac/buick/gmc seem to be getting the axe.

roopi
06-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
was also told that there is a lawsuit pending against the author of that list.

:rofl: Not laughing at you but a lawsuit against the author of the list? Only chance is if that happens in the U.S.

Supa Dexta
06-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Surprising to see murray and stedelbaurer. Sted. was always doing lots of business when I was in there, and murray was new and awesome to deal with.. I'd always send my truck in there and they'd drive me over to the airport and pick me up, and nice as hell.

Masked Bandit
06-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by roopi

:rofl: Not laughing at you but a lawsuit against the author of the list? Only chance is if that happens in the U.S.

Libel still exists if it was published in a traditional form of media (newspaper). I'm sure the guys on the list are suffering more because of it so I could see Southgate having issue.

dannie
06-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
So I was having a little chat with someone on the inside of Southgate Chev and according to them, THEY ARE IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS NOT ON THE LIST OF CLOSURES. According to them, the list that exists which has Southgate listed is out of T.O. and false. I was also told that there is a lawsuit pending against the author of that list.

Don't know if it's true or not, take it as another opinion.

Yeah, when the driver was back in my office the next day he said that his boss took the list to the owner and that the owner had hired a lawyer 7 days earlier to take legal action in regards to that list.

"Supposedly" it should have been another southgate, not the Calgary one.

If you ask me, the owner should have mentioned something to the staff when the lawyer was hired.

modded46
06-11-2009, 11:45 AM
The reason that you hear about Chrysler dealers selling off cars at stupid prices is because as part of Chryslers contract to the dealers they would NOT buy back inventory in the U.S. (not sure about Canada)

For GM though they will buy back or transfer cars to other dealers unless they are told not to do so when they go through bankruptcy court.. Honestly I don't think you'll see the same thing from GM as you did from Chrysler but I do know a couple of guys here that got in the on Chrysler deals and picked up some nice cars at stupid prices..

One guy I know got a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T at like 10 k below sticker.

Disoblige
06-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by adam c

I only see them in those limos with the light blue, black, and purple stripes.

97'Scort
06-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
Alberta
Grove Pontiac Buick GMC, 200 St. Matthews Ave. Spruce Grove
Murray Chevrolet 7820 Sparrow Crest Leduc AB
Schwab's Wetaskiwn Chevrolet 4710 - 56 Street Wetaskiwin
Stedelbauer Chevrolet Inc 13145 97 Street NW Edmonton, AB

Those are all basically Edmonton dealers, since they're within a few minutes drive from Edmonton.

KISS_ME
06-15-2009, 09:25 AM

i called these guys to inquire about any possible luquidation sales due to the dealership being closed down and the guy who answered the phone wanted me to state my source and threatened legal action against me for libel.

bigbadboss101
06-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Which GM dealership have you had the best service?
I went to GSL twice as I had

a) emergency brake not engaging
b) suspension noise
c) crack tail light

The charged me like $60 for each of the above and couldn't
find anything wrong. The crack tail light they told me would be $700.