PDA

View Full Version : Club Reshafting

chathamf
06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Looking for a good business or maybe even someone that does it privately for a good price. Have some graphite shafts on my irons and my PW and A wedge are starting to split from the bottom. Probably going to go with steel shafts as I don't want this happening again anytime soon.

Anyone know of any place to get these done for a reasonable price?

Mitsu_Paul
06-08-2009, 10:34 AM
talk to nadroj. he works at golf town and knows his shit:thumbsup:

20incheyes
06-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Or check out SimplyGolf on 42nd ave SE, they always give me fast and professional service

bigboom
06-09-2009, 02:44 PM
go talk to ted down at the rcga...he'll do a great job at it.

chathamf
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Turns out I have to send my irons into Callaway to get them done. Golf Town wouldn't do it. Anyone know of anyone that will service Callaway X-16's?

sCream
06-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Ya most stores wont do it because they arent forged. They'll usually send em off anyways so you might as well just take it to the Callaway Performance center (I think thats what its called) thats actually in the city. Turnaround shouldnt be long because its local, plus you can really trust their knowledge.

chathamf
06-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks man. Golf Town said they'd have to be sent to Ontario and could take up to two weeks. Didn't realize they had a local shop.

bigboom
06-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by sCream
Ya most stores wont do it because they arent forged. They'll usually send em off anyways so you might as well just take it to the Callaway Performance center (I think thats what its called) thats actually in the city. Turnaround shouldnt be long because its local, plus you can really trust their knowledge.

i thought all they did there was club fitting? the last time i was there all they did was fit and then order in.

forged or cast makes no difference when reshafting, in face cast is actually easier to reshaft because the its harder and you wont get any changes in lie angle.

even ron up at tourstix golf will do a great job.

nadroj23
07-10-2009, 11:56 AM
The Callaway Preformance Center is only used to get fittings done, any work on Callaway clubs still needs to get set to Callaway. The reason their clubs are more troublsome then others is because they are a Bore Through Head meaning if the store or repair shop does not have the right materials that would be supplied by Callaway they cannot reshaft the club. Us at Golftown we just ran out of the materials for us to do it ourselves and have had to send clubs back to Callaway to get repaired. Thats the shitty thing about golf if you break clubs the downtime not having those clubs could be a very long time. Example my irons I need to get bent my upright and for that I HAVE to send them to Ping because they use a certain machine and technique that bends their irons...If I send them during the season could take up to 3 weeks before I get them back.

Also glad sCream comes on and gives misinformation. Forged clubs are no different than cast for reshafting. The only difference is in the lie angle of the club. Cast irons only have so much room to work with when bending them flat or upright. Whereas forged clubs being that they are softer will not break when bendind up to 5 degrees either way.

grwnded
07-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes
Or check out SimplyGolf on 42nd ave SE, they always give me fast and professional service

go here, Lyle is a good guy and does great work.

i got my last set custom made there last spring and they did it for a great price and they even alligned and balanced my new putter this year for free.

i recommend them to everyone

Mr_John
07-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by grwnded

go here, Lyle is a good guy and does great work.

i got my last set custom made there last spring and they did it for a great price and they even alligned and balanced my new putter this year for free.

i recommend them to everyone

How much does it cost for a set of irons to get fitted and custom made properly for an old set of irons?

If I were to go to Golf Town and buy a brand new set of clubs then does the fitting come free or does that usually cost extra?

chathamf
07-20-2009, 02:15 PM
My R7 driver shaft just cracked of yesterday. I looked at Golf Towns website and I can only seem to find a shaft for it for around 80 bucks. Considering I only paid 120 for it used, I don't see how I can fix it while making it worth it. Anyone recently get a new driver shaft installed recently and know a general price?

bigboom
07-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by chathamf
My R7 driver shaft just cracked of yesterday. I looked at Golf Towns website and I can only seem to find a shaft for it for around 80 bucks. Considering I only paid 120 for it used, I don't see how I can fix it while making it worth it. Anyone recently get a new driver shaft installed recently and know a general price?

it really depends on which shaft you choose to go with. you can get really cheap shafts or you can decent shafts and those for a inexpensive one will run around $80, check out the UST proforce V2 a very solid shaft for a good price.

driver shafts range anywhere from $50-$700