PDA

View Full Version : Garage door wheels

coldmind
06-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Hey all,

I need to know where can I buy parts for my 40 years old garage door (the one where you manually pushed the whole door up). The part I am interested in is the wheel that attached to the door and the rails. If there are no such place that sells garage's parts, anyone can suggest me a place to call for garage doors replacement.

Thanks.

98type_r
06-08-2009, 09:34 AM
i had one break off on me several years ago. I found a replacement at either Home Depot or Canadian Tire, I can't remember exactly where, but it was one of the two.

coldmind
06-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 98type_r
i had one break off on me several years ago. I found a replacement at either Home Depot or Canadian Tire, I can't remember exactly where, but it was one of the two.

Great thanks, I will search the two places tonight. Just broke the wheels this morning, haven't shop for garage's door parts before.

Chris88CL
06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Yup same for me. I broke a couple wheels off and found replacements at home depot. Should be next to the garage door openers. They are like $5-8/each if I remember correctly.

AndyL
06-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Well you could start by calling creative door - 403-291-2375...

However if its an old single piece door (ie no hinges just pivots up & back - aka 1pc or knee knocker) your going to be SOL. The rollers would be similar to those used today - may require some machining for c/e clips if used on that make/model... Basically what I'm saying is good luck, expect the need to upgrade; 40 years is a good run - although I doubt its actually that old.