PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought a car from Ebay?

DiEseL86
06-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey guys.. so i'm able to purchased an awesome car from ebay. The guy was letting me know that through ebay, after the car is shipped to me, i have 7 days to see if i like it, if not the seller pays shipping back if it wasnt exactly what was described? is this true? anyone know any possible loop holes these ppl may be using? or is this absolute truth.. if i dont like it, i can get a gauranteed full refund even after the shipping is paid by the buyer and shipped to me.. sounds like a really safe transaction...

lemme know what u guys think.. this dude is just getting rid of the vehicle as he is moving countries..

ExtraSlow
06-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Personally, I wouldn't buy a vehicle without seeing it first. Regardless of any "guarantees"

DiEseL86
06-08-2009, 09:47 AM
oh ya ... have lots of pictures, as well as have VIn# and Carfax to show it all checks out..

The_1
06-08-2009, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DiEseL86
[B]Hey guys.. so i'm able to purchased an awesome car from ebay. The guy was letting me know that through ebay, after the car is shipped to me, i have 7 days to see if i like it, if not the seller pays shipping back if it wasnt exactly what was described?

this sounds like a scam
lets see the link

DiEseL86
06-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally from Georgia, last owner reported on it was in Ontario... so does that mean its Canadian safetied??

ExtraSlow
06-08-2009, 09:53 AM
You need to do some research on the laws for importing a car to Alberta.
Pictures and a vin# don't mean it's legit.

This does sound like a scam.

DiEseL86
06-08-2009, 09:56 AM
ya im not too sure what to believe. has anyone bought from ebay before ( a vehicle )

7thgenvic
06-08-2009, 09:57 AM
sketch! would not do that AT all. If you are buying from the US you better go down and look at the car. There is no way in Hell I would pay for a US car and have it imported... and then have 7 days to return it.

Not going to happen sir.

roopi
06-08-2009, 09:59 AM
It is definately a scam. Do you really think somebody would ship you a car and take it back? Let me guess you only need to put a $5000 deposit until you decide you want to keep it?

Don't do it. You'll regret it. It definately a scam.

popoykid_jdm
06-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Definetly a scam,what kind a car is it and how much?Did the seller ask u to contact him first before bidding?

rage2
06-08-2009, 10:31 AM
It's a scam. They the Supras and M3s for $8000 ebay scam that was popular last summer.

Towona
06-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Scam scam scam!

Show us the ebay link... or did "ebay" only send you an e-mail?

scat19
06-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by DiEseL86
lemme know what u guys think.. this dude is just getting rid of the vehicle as he is moving countries..

Which country? Nigeria? :rofl:

DiEseL86
06-09-2009, 09:26 AM
lol part of the Canadian Military is exact. He's going through the ebay vehicle protection program, worth a little more than what the car is worth, im reading over the ebay motors plan's details, and what he states, 7 days to decide, and inspect, and if its not to par as stated, he pays for shipping back as he was " lying" about the product....

seems legit here.

eg_eric
06-09-2009, 09:37 AM
hmm sounds fishy, i would agree with the rest of the guys saying it's a scam. With any car, it's best to see it with your own eyes.

ExtraSlow
06-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by DiEseL86
lol part of the Canadian Military is exact. He's going through the ebay vehicle protection program, worth a little more than what the car is worth, im reading over the ebay motors plan's details, and what he states, 7 days to decide, and inspect, and if its not to par as stated, he pays for shipping back as he was " lying" about the product....

seems legit here.
sounds like you have made up your mind. Let us know how it turns out.

Kennyredline
06-09-2009, 09:47 AM
I heard of a guy that thought he was buying a vintage Mustang from E-Bay, but was actually buying a PICTURE of said car for $30 000...it was all legal, 'cause the picture on E-Bay, WAS a picture of a photo of the Mustang; yup, it's just that tricky.

SilverGS
06-09-2009, 10:26 AM
What is the timeline like? Would he even be in the country anymore after you receive the vehicle and want to send it back within 7 days?

dharminder
06-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I am going with everyone that this is a scam
-going over seas what he plan on dieing over there
-let me guess make payment through ebay where they hold the payment until you get the car and then will release the money?
-how many people/dealerships (other then honda west) will let you return a car after 7 days and let you get all your money back?

B4tMan
06-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I've never heard of dealerships that do that here.

In Europe Audi, depending on the model and who you were, were giving it to you for a weekend, but here, never heard of it.

foreverchina
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
First of all, who would sell a car on ebay? Save the hassle and sell it locally or to a dealership. Most of these are scams anyways. Be safe and just buy a car in calgary