PDA

View Full Version : Anyone take Travel and Tourism at Sait

Jeremiah
06-08-2009, 02:46 PM
How did you like it
what did you learn
Were you able to find a job

(side note, vista sucks dick everytime i try to put a question mark it gives me one of these bastards É... so just pretend they are there lol)

shit please move to campus chat

CookieMonster
06-08-2009, 02:53 PM
here's your keyboard issue
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/262483/laptop-keyboard-fmylife/

~Leah~
06-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I never took the program and this doesn't have to do directly with SAIT, but my mom taught this program at SIAST in Saskatchewan. I became friends with a bunch of her students. They all loved it, it's basically an admin diploma that is focused around the tourism industry.

As for jobs afterwards... well... I know a couple who are recreation directors in small towns, one sells photocopiers in Fort St. John, and the others are not doing anything related to it. The job opportunities are few and far between unless you start your own business, and the pay sucks pretty much no matter what. But if it's something you're passionate about, it won't really matter.

cressida_pimpin
06-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
the pay sucks pretty much no matter what. But if it's something you're passionate about, it won't really matter.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. If you are interested in tourism, make it your hobby. When it comes to careers, find something that is of interest AND something there is a demand for. In my opinion, stay away from that program.

~Leah~
06-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by cressida_pimpin

Passion doesn't pay the bills. If you are interested in tourism, make it your hobby. When it comes to careers, find something that is of interest AND something there is a demand for. In my opinion, stay away from that program.

That's kind of where I was going with that comment without actually having to come out and say it.