PDA

View Full Version : New Aztek ?!?

962 kid
08-20-2002, 11:18 AM
Hey does anyone know if Pontiac is going to make this version?

B17a
08-20-2002, 11:27 AM
Dear God! I hope not!!!

Ferio_vti
08-20-2002, 11:37 AM
Is it me or new cars (most not all) are getting uglier??

Redlyne_mr2
08-20-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
ALL pontiacs are:thumbsdow

Ferio_vti
08-20-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Well, I meant aside from the obvious. Look at Honda. WTF were they thinking with the RSX and Civic. They just don't have the same charm they used to.

Dr. Evil
08-20-2002, 12:01 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who notices this!

Does the general public lack taste?

Ferio_vti
08-20-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Evil

Yes they lack taste. Unfortunately, all of us on this forum doesn't make up enough say to be the general public. And the majority of people seem to like whatever crap manufacturer throw out. They might as well be make the "Homer" car

Next Aztek:
http://swordbreaker.tripod.ca/simpsons/thehomer.gif

Redlyne_mr2
08-20-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Evil

yes and no..hondas aren't selling like they used too.....pontiac is digging itself a grave but surprisignly enough Fords are improving..chev seems to be same old same old. Toyota is hit and miss..all their rides look jacked up...odly enough chryslers are starting to show small resemblances to mercedes and vise versa..bmw keeps gettign better and better as is porsche, lexus, and audi. Shit the auto industry is a tough gig to be successful in

Dr. Evil
08-20-2002, 12:11 PM
What I believe is actually happening is internal, political fu*k-ups at these corporations. Someone in a leadership position is messing up the entire design process.

Reminds me of Ford in the 50's. They spent years designing the Edsel, then during the name-picking process Mr. Ford walks in and says "Lets call it Edsel" & everyone just cringed.:guns:

HRD2PLZ
08-20-2002, 12:48 PM
Yup. Cars are getting uglier...and Pontiacs are right in there too. I liked the Grand Prix's but with the Aztec, Vibe, Sunfire, I lost all respect for Pontiac...

I sure hope my Accord lasts forever, because I'm sure gonna have pretty slim pickin's when its time to replace it :dunno: :thumbsdow

Dope Dealer
08-20-2002, 01:52 PM
I like the Pontiac Firebird T/A. That car is sweet ;)

Other than that, the Aztek is the ugliest thing to hit the car market. But I must say that new Mercedes Jeep looking thing is the ugliest pos I've ever seen. And look at the price. :thumbsdow

OMOYYC
08-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Yes, the new Toyotas are looking more and more like FORDs.
Their new cars' roof-lines are getting higher and higher. Same with Hondas. They are getting taller and taller. Is it to facilitate the caucasion market?? :dunno: Cuz they're sure UGLY :barf:

As to the Aztek, there are 2 things I don't understand.

1) How can such an ugly thing hit production?
2) Why the F*CK are we seeing it on the roads? (Who are the dumbasses who buys them?)

Ferio_vti
08-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Cwave

1) How can such an ugly thing hit production?
2) Why the F*CK are we seeing it on the roads? (Who are the dumbasses who buys them?)

yah, what is up with that?? Who the f*ck is stupid enough to buy something that stupid?? Too many stupid people with money. You might as well tattoo on your forehead: "please take my money, I don't deserve to have any of it"

gpomp
08-20-2002, 02:35 PM
From this month's C/D:

Q: What do you call three Pontiac Azteks on a delaer lot?
A: A lifetime supply.

:rofl:

Ferio_vti
08-20-2002, 02:39 PM
Hahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HRD2PLZ
08-20-2002, 03:04 PM
:rofl: :rofl: My friends neighbour has one. They drive it around like they are king-shit! :rolleyes:

And I'm pretty sure this is the last year for the GM F-body's (Trans Am, Camaro's)

Ferio_vti
08-20-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
:rofl: :rofl: My friends neighbour has one. They drive it around like they are king-shit! :rolleyes:

King Shit is correct.

Pete92SL
08-20-2002, 03:09 PM
To answer the question though, That one is being made already. They changed that sport ute a litte this year.

Pete

PS- I kinda like it. I wouldn't buy it, but I do like seeing different things on the road.

HRD2PLZ
08-20-2002, 03:09 PM
:rofl: Too bad they think its the greatest thing since sliced bread...:rolleyes: :rofl:

HRD2PLZ
08-20-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Pete92SL

I do like seeing different things on the road.

Me too...especially ones that make my car look :bigpimp:

Stratus_Power
08-20-2002, 03:15 PM
i dont mind the aztek :P not a good SUV compare to others but the price is good ;P wats wrong w/ the vibe???

Ben
08-20-2002, 03:33 PM
I think pontiac took a turn for the worse with that aztek...

Our family has a nice Pontiac Montana with like every option and its the nicest van out there imo, as far as build quality and price, but that aztek and vibe make me embarrased to own a pontiac now...:thumbsdow

HRD2PLZ
08-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Maybe. If I had to buy a van I'd get an Odyssey EX. But- my family is slowly going anti-domestic! :dunno:
I sold my Probe for my Accord
My dad sold his Suburban for an MDX
Just waiting for my sister to save up enough to get rid of her Contour

T5_X
08-20-2002, 04:14 PM
I think pontiac makes the most ugly cars on the road, and some of the nicest looking.

Ugly: sunfire, vibe, aztek

Nice: GP GTP, Bonneville SSEi, Trans Am

Ferio_vti
08-20-2002, 05:12 PM

Just waiting for my sister to save up enough to get rid of her Contour

Just get rid of it for her.

92 Teg-B18A
08-20-2002, 08:28 PM
if they do the Aztek is still @$$

hash
08-20-2002, 10:27 PM
as for toyota...

their cars are starting to look kinda ugly (the passenger cars that is.... camry, echo, prius...)

but i like the looks of the new highlander... nice and clean.
the 4runner is a classic too.

HRD2PLZ
08-20-2002, 11:29 PM

Just get rid of it for her.

:rofl: I wish...Apparently in my parents new will, I am her legal guardian :banghead:

As for Toyota- we had a 4Runner and it was awesome! When my parents were looking for SUV's this summer they looked at the 4Runners and Highlanders again and were really impressed. Then, somehow decided to look at the Lexus RX300, Mercedes ML430 and BMW X5 and weren't really impressed with any of them. Eventually they settled with the Acura MDX. My sister and I were all for the 4Runner Limited :bigpimp:

Zephyr
08-20-2002, 11:37 PM
one word: ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Redlyne_mr2
08-21-2002, 10:08 AM
how can any of you guys like the aztek..it looks like a car out of the movie back to the future 2,its totally trying to look futuristic and cool but is failing worse than Marty Mcfly trying to find plutonium in 1955:thumbsdow

Ben
08-21-2002, 10:17 AM
how can any of you guys like the aztek..it looks like a car out of the movie back to the future 2,its totally trying to look futuristic and cool but is failing worse than Marty Mcfly trying to find plutonium in 1955:thumbsdow
or high octane gasoline in 1885:rofl: :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
08-21-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Benny

or high octane gasoline in 1885:rofl: :thumbsup:
hahaha yah...instead they used the strongest whisky they could find:rofl:

Ben
08-21-2002, 11:44 AM
I gotta get me some of those turbo logs for my camping trips...:rofl: :rofl:

Ferio_vti
08-21-2002, 12:24 PM

:rofl: I wish...Apparently in my parents new will, I am her legal guardian :banghead:

Forget selling her car then, sell her!! :rofl: Sell her on eBay as a Canadian love bride for someone who desperate to emmigrate to Canada.

Stratus_Power
08-21-2002, 12:26 PM
screw ebay i will pay her off you rite now :confused: jk :thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
08-21-2002, 12:41 PM
:rofl: I figure she's good for $10, including her 96 Contour! :rofl:

GP_DrIvEr
08-21-2002, 04:05 PM

dude that hurts man :banghead:

:madred: :guns:

Redlyne_mr2
08-21-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by GP_DrIvEr

dude that hurts man..but it's true ...damn why did I buy a Pontiac :banghead:

:madred: :guns:
:thumbsup:

warren s
08-24-2002, 08:23 PM
The Aztek is a great deal if you live in a high theft area, who would want to steal that ugly piece of sh**

lammer
08-25-2002, 02:02 AM
:rofl: I figure she's good for $10, including her 96 Contour! :rofl:

10 BUX?? hrmm if you pay my gas to get down there you've got your self a deal hahaha. just kidding.

aztek = very very very very nice car. i mean who wouldn't want a motorized bull-dog look alike car. i mean it looks soo agressive. haha :barf:

4wheeldrift
08-25-2002, 08:11 AM

yah, what is up with that?? Who the f*ck is stupid enough to buy something that stupid?? Too many stupid people with money. You might as well tattoo on your forehead: "please take my money, I don't deserve to have any of it" Because some people want vehicles that are practical, and don't care how they look. I don't like the way the aztec looks either, but as far as a practical vehicle for hauling people and stuff comfortably, its tough to beat. Form follows function...

And as for pontiac producing ugly cars, I personally like the look of the Vibe MUCH better than the Matrix. I've seen both side by side and the Vibe, IMO, looks much better.