PDA

View Full Version : Buyers agent and Sellers Agent... same office?

bituerbo
06-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Would there be a conflict of interest getting a buyers agent that works in the same office, for the same company as the sellers agent?

Also, has anyone here bought with/without a REALTOR buyers agent? Would I have a better negotiation standpoint if I went into it alone?

JordanLotoski
06-08-2009, 04:24 PM
your better to use a realtor to act on your half that can look out for your best intrests. You could actually save more in the end by getting a great agent that knows his stuff.

If you have any questions please PM me any time or give me a ring

vtec4life
06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
isnt that what happens most of the time? Probably not a huge coincidence

ZorroAMG
06-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Your agent should work for you, the other for the seller. Who cares if they are both from the same brokerage? Sure their broker may push harder to get the deal done but who wouldn't?

Inter-office gets deals done....networking. I have a listing and joe in cubicle 3 next to me has a buyer looking in that area, why NOT work them together?

HRD2PLZ
06-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Would there be a conflict of interest getting a buyers agent that works in the same office, for the same company as the sellers agent?

Also, has anyone here bought with/without a REALTOR buyers agent? Would I have a better negotiation standpoint if I went into it alone?

There is a conflict of interest when the Buyer and Seller are represented by the same Brokerage. But generally, if its 2 separate Realtors its not a problem.

You're better off to have your own representation in the transaction rather than going at it yourself and having the Listing Realtor represent both parties of the transaction.

There's lots of Realtors on Beyond. Or, better yet, ask your friends and/or family to recommend someone that they have used and trusted.

barmanjay
06-08-2009, 07:00 PM
miwfshot and hrd2plz are both correct

make sure you are represented by a good realtor that you feel comfortable with.

There are a few on here and also ask your friends and fam like hrd2plz says.

1 agent representing both is not dual agency anymore

new laws: transactional brokerage

he can facilitate the transaction and basically not 'advise' on price point and etc., but can still supply all documents to make an informed decision.

or

agent reps the seller and signs a 'customer status' with buyer and can only give limited help - basically just fill in the blanks for the buyer

Same rules apply when both agents work in the same office

transactional brokerage

2 agents, same company, different offices
(prime example - jordan and myself)

no need for transaction brokerage as both realtors aren't peers. "Game on"

Or

just find a realtor from another company altogether

Hope this clarifies a little bit,.. if not,.. pm any one of the realtors on here.

Sugarphreak
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM

Xtrema
06-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I would enlist a buying agent to help unless you deal with real estate regularly.

The fee structure is design for enough commission for both agents. So naturally, dealing with just the selling agent give you more room to bargain, especially you are giving the selling agent another place to sell.

barmanjay
06-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I would enlist a buying agent to help unless you deal with real estate regularly.

The fee structure is design for enough commission for both agents. So naturally, dealing with just the selling agent give you more room to bargain, especially you are giving the selling agent another place to sell.

That is a common misconception

Commissions are negotiated before the property is listed and a signed contract is in place.

Once that is said and done, price negotiations are off the top now and not on the commission.

If you deal with one agent (selling) he better be good and treat both parties very well as he is making the whole commission on the deal, not a split between buying and selling agent.

On the note of using the same agent to sell then buy:

when you sign the listing contract and sign a buyer brokerage agreement, of course commissions can be negotiated for the sale of your home to less (on the selling agent share) as the same agent will help you buy and take part commission from the purchase of your next home.