PDA

View Full Version : Filter Queen Products $$$....

Old Snake
06-08-2009, 07:26 PM
My parents friends recently had a demo for these items and are considering buying. I already bought them a Miele Venus vacuum so they are thinking more of the Defender Room Air Cleaner. Has anyone had any first hand experience with this air cleaner. For a $1000 could I find something else of the same or better.

I have very little faith on anything being sold door to door. Feels more like a confidence trick than an actual sale.

D. Dub
06-08-2009, 07:30 PM
The products are nothing special and the sales model is a scam.

elesdee
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Ditto. Those products are full of shit. Due to lack of work my good buddy got involved with them as one of those door-to-door salesmen and after a week he told them to eat a dick. It's basically a MLM scheme, and since they have to have some kind of product, the chose vacuums. Just like Primerica sells shitty overpriced insurance, these guys sell shitty overpriced vacuums. The Filter Queen (vacuum) and the Defender (air purifier) sell as a package for $4000. That's right! How in the fuck can anyone ever justify spending that much on a vacuum?!? For that money you can get a fucking dedicated system in your home with outlets in every room and a fucking air purifier/humidifier!! They'll try to justify the cost with some bullshit figures like "our filters filter down to .003 microns" but they're just full of shit!! My buddy had both units for demo purposes and there is absolutely nothing special about them. Don't waste your money.

djayz
06-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Can definately find something much better, pick up a Sharp Plasmacluster Ion air purifier. Should cost in the range of 250-350 and they do the trick.

Might not cover the whole house but will definately handle a couple rooms no problem.

elesdee
06-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Fuck! I'm all riled up about this now! The guy who was training my buddy taught him the dirtiest sales tactics! When a potential buyer would express doubt their salesmen switch the topic from cost to health and family. They'd say shit like "isn't your family the most important thing in your life? Don't you care about your family's health?" They have a brochure with all these scary pictures of magnified dust mites and make them out to be a health hazard. Wtf!? Also in the brochure are a bunch of unfounded facts and figures which make it look all scientific and shit but without any real proof. Like how the fuck are you supposed to know that the filter does in fact filter down to whatever the fuck how many microns they claim it to be? I asked the salesman "what's the CFM of these machines?" He couldn't tell me. If you want a real vacuum, buy a ShopVac. As for the Defender (air purifier) it's totally useless. It's a very small unit about the size of a regular household waste basket, and it sits in a corner circulating air through itself. How the fuck can such a small thing purify the air inside your whole house?? And finally, it has 3 speed settings and the highest one does suck a lot of air through but it is way too fucking loud!

Old Snake
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by elesdee
Fuck! I'm all riled up about this now!
If you want a real vacuum, buy a ShopVac.
As for the Defender (air purifier) it's totally useless.How the fuck can such a small thing purify the air inside your whole house??

:rofl: and Thanks for everyone's replies. That is what I thought of first; how can someone justify paying for a vacuum and air cleaner for that insane amount?? I told my parents for that money you can get an air purifier for your entire house hooked up in your furnace (like the ones they use on extrememakerover home edition).

Kardon
06-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Never seen there air purifier, but i use a filter queen wheely vacuum thats around 20 years old and it works better than anything else we have tried.

Xtrema
06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Old Snake

:rofl: and Thanks for everyone's replies. That is what I thought of first; how can someone justify paying for a vacuum and air cleaner for that insane amount?? I told my parents for that money you can get an air purifier for your entire house hooked up in your furnace (like the ones they use on extrememakerover home edition).

It's kinda a scam, just google it and you'll know.

EDIT: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/119689/the_filter_queen_employment_scam.html?cat=31

And basically, you trying to sell a $800 vacuum for $2000.

They have been recruiting like crazy due to high unemployment rate. You can find their ads in Sun or Herald almost every day. $1000 for a single room air cleaner is crazy. I can get 5 Sharps (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10084143&catid=10837 occasionally goes on sale for $200) for that price.

Moe Man
06-18-2009, 03:13 PM
ITS BULLSHIT, their office here in calgary is right on macleod i think around 38-53 street called breathe easy homes..

like elsedee said they have some dirty trick like, instead of saying three thousand nine hundred and nighty five dollars say thirty nine nighty five, ahaha

AndyL
06-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Kardon
i use a filter queen wheely vacuum thats around 20 years old and it works better than anything else we have tried.
You're not the only one - we've got an old brown filter queen vacuum - last time I got a belt for the powerhead they said it was a 1962 (I think - ridiculously old) model? Works better than anything else we've ever had... Amazingly all the parts are still available for it, and pretty cheap too - that powerhead belt cost 5.00 or something, our other vacuum's belt was 15-20$ from the same store...

Store offered us a 500$ credit towards a dyson if we wanted to upgrade; :rofl: of course then the salesman stepped in it when he said the filter queen was still better...