PDA

View Full Version : Wow...never knew calgary was THIS bad...

Power_Of_Rotary
06-09-2009, 02:38 AM
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-housing-apartments-for-rent-bachelor-studio-Bachelor-Suite-for-Rent-W0QQAdIdZ134084172

stuff you find on kijiji... atleast while browsing for a place to live..haha

BlackArcher101
06-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Who cares, I'd live there for $400! haha

TC06
06-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Only $400 a month for that? Hell yeah!

cancer man
06-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Calgary is a corrupt, violent, and inhospitable. Albertans are in general rude, ignorant, cruel, vulgar, and inhumane.

This person has his head up his ass.
Go to Quebec and see??

rage2
06-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by cancer man
Calgary is a corrupt, violent, and inhospitable. Albertans are in general rude, ignorant, cruel, vulgar, and inhumane.

Go to Quebec and see??
We definately are ignorant lol. I've always thought Quebecers were assholes, that's what we all think here. So not the case. Try visiting there, people are WAY friendlier there than Calgary (well at least in Montreal).

adam c
06-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Montreal people are nice that's for sure, at least to your face anyways not sure what they say behind your back or in french

i was there a couple months ago and for the most part they were a lot nicer than anyone here but i heard if you goto the mainly french part of montreal and strictly french areas of quebec, they will scold you pretty bad

Mr_ET
06-09-2009, 08:11 AM
People in Quebec are nice and they will only "scold you" if you make no effort to speak French and expect the world and if you pass them using the right lane on the highway;)

Come to think of it people suck so much at driving here, they think doing that is common practice so I can understand if they've had a bad experience in Quebec before:burnout:

Masked Bandit
06-09-2009, 08:13 AM
The listing is gone, what did it say?

freshprince1
06-09-2009, 08:25 AM

Go to Quebec and see??

:facepalm:

Feel free to leave at any time.

89s1
06-09-2009, 08:51 AM

Go to Quebec and see??

This statement means a lot from someone stupid enough to start a sentence and never even finish it. :facepalm:

Rstar
06-09-2009, 09:43 AM
We had a guy in our office from Montreal for the past 2 weeks. He has said a couple times how nice people are here whether its holding doors open or just chatting in line-ups. Could be that were in Red Deer too??

Supa Dexta
06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
:rofl: @ the people who stick up for calgary by telling others to leave... The furthest they've probably been from home was edmonton. I'm not saying calgary is terrible, but it's not the friendliest city. Or the best at anything really.. Its an alright place to live, but getting worse.

Vagabond142
06-09-2009, 10:05 AM
You want a friendly city? Tampere, Finland. Nuff said.

Dave P
06-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
You want a friendly city? Tampere, Finland. Nuff said.

prove it

haha

sputnik
06-09-2009, 10:11 AM

Go to Quebec and see??

Apparently things here will be much better once you leave.

Krayzie7m
06-09-2009, 10:23 AM
LOL most of the people here are from somewhere else! Almost everyone i meet is not born here.... Lots of people come from the east. So if people don't like it here then don't cry about it, move back to where you came from :dunno:

Lots of Calgarians have moved to Victoria n people are friendly there

v2kai
06-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Rstar
We had a guy in our office from Montreal for the past 2 weeks. He has said a couple times how nice people are here whether its holding doors open or just chatting in line-ups. Could be that were in Red Deer too??

I'd say Red Deer is definitely friendlier overall than Calgary

B4tMan
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Red Deer - small town mentality, that is why the consensus is that it is frendlier. Decent place to raise a family, in Alberta, am told by female coworkers.

Mar
06-09-2009, 12:14 PM
bigger city = more diverse = less friendly

Go to any small town in any province and they'll all be similar to each other.

cancer man
06-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

This statement means a lot from someone stupid enough to start a sentence and never even finish it. :facepalm:

The listing was insulting....being born and raised in Calgary and serving 3 years in the FFL people don't know how good they have it.
I've seen the world and fcuk i hate the wannabe frenchy's out east. The Most ignorant people i've ever met.
Ask An actual person from France what he thinks...
JUST STEP ASIDE OR HIS DOG WILL PISS ON YOUR LEG.

2EFNFAST
06-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Calgary is a shithole now. used to be a good in the 80s and 90s, not anymore. I plan on leaving when my obligations are done here :)

Power_Of_Rotary
06-09-2009, 01:38 PM
should of copied the kijiji post...now its gone :(

but yea i wonder what crawled up the guys ass to make that...maybe he wanted cheaper rent in calgary and that post could of scared away a renter or two...hope it worked because rent is still fucking way to expensive for what it really should cost

2EFNFAST
06-09-2009, 01:39 PM
what did the ad say? I didn't see it :cry:

freshprince1
06-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
:rofl: @ the people who stick up for calgary by telling others to leave... The furthest they've probably been from home was edmonton.

Hmmm...sounds like my post falls under your extremely wide paintbrush. I wasn't trying to defend Calgary by saying it was friendly, I was just pointing out out that if he doesn't it like it here so much, no one is begging him to stay.

I find the city (and Okotoks) to be quite friendly. Mind you, I choose to say hello to people and so on; rarely - if ever - can I recall being snubbed. I don't claim Calgary to be a pillar of social courtesy, but I do think overall its a decent place to live. But I suppose it could be a function of where I have lived; grew up in the deep SW, lived the 5 years in McKenzie, now in Okotoks.

And to touch on your judgemental claim of never having been past Edmonton - though I'm not sure how it would be relevant, I have travelled quite a bit and have lived abroad for years.

Road rage is another topic.

Cancer man is a looking to cause controversy as shown in this thread and several others, so I'm not paying him much attention.

Tik-Tok
06-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Or the best at anything really.. Its an alright place to live, but getting worse.

Mediocrity at it's finest!

Mar
06-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Calgary is a shithole now. used to be a good in the 80s and 90s, not anymore. I plan on leaving when my obligations are done here :) I did. I thought I'd move somewhere else where people aren't as stupid and ignorant but where I moved they were just fatter, dumber and more careless. I was happy to get back to Calgary where people are smart and knowledgeable.

cancer man
06-09-2009, 07:25 PM
You know freshPrince1

i would guess 16 to 18 year age range..
you don't know what life is and your not a Calgarian...BRO..

Eleanor
06-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Provost is about the nicest place I've been to, but then again I'm white :rofl:

freshprince1
06-10-2009, 08:37 AM
You know freshPrince1

i would guess 16 to 18 year age range..
you don't know what life is and your not a Calgarian...BRO..

Not even close on the age.

You're right, I'm not a Calgarian, I was born in Edmonton, moved here when I was 7 (a year before the Olympics), lived here ever since (except for the two years spent in Samar, and 6 months in San Diego).

I obviously know nothing about life in Calgary.

Thanks for judging me though.

"...with all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful, and strive to be happy..."

Good Luck in life bro, you've obviously been through some sort of hardship. I hope you find what's right for you.

Tomaz
06-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Picton, ON

If i could make money in that town, I would move!

I have spent time in many cities across Canada and I would have to say that Calgary is not that bad. At least as "big cities" go.

Spoons
06-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

Werd Hahaha

My grandparents live in Provost, and my dad grew up there. I've got a few friends out there too.

Nice small town mentality, wonderful people... That is if you are white. Incredibly racist town.

syscal
06-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

My wife is a brown girl and was working on a pipeline project around Provost. They wouldn't serve her in the restaurant until one of the supervisors came in to order for her.

I couldn't believe it when I heard it, but Provost has quote the reputation.

Oddly enough in Calgary the only disapproving looks we've gotten, outside of one white redneck father/son combo, have been from other brown people.