PDA

View Full Version : Luxury Rental Vehicles

MushiSushi
06-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for renting luxury vehicles?

Planning to rent some cars/suv's for our wedding.

Thanks,

core_upt
06-09-2009, 01:14 PM
a) search
b) not worth it

MushiSushi
06-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by core_upt
a) search
b) not worth it

That wasn't really helpful.

1. I have searched but i wanted to know if anyone knows of a good place.

2. Why?

chengj
06-09-2009, 02:06 PM
We rented a couple SUVs for a friend's wedding recently. We just used Enterprise as another friend gets a corporate rate there. They treated us well enough.

I image most rental places will be able to help you out though. I would suggest one note though. If you're looking for more than one car and you want them to be the same, make sure you specify that when you book. Or they'll only guarantee that you get two in the same class.

MushiSushi
06-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by chengj
We rented a couple SUVs for a friend's wedding recently. We just used Enterprise as another friend gets a corporate rate there. They treated us well enough.

I image most rental places will be able to help you out though. I would suggest one note though. If you're looking for more than one car and you want them to be the same, make sure you specify that when you book. Or they'll only guarantee that you get two in the same class.

Sweet.. thanks for the tip.

What type of SUV did you rent?

chengj
06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Hmm... they gave us a Ford Flex and a Dodge Nitro I believe. (We didn't specify two of the same... ;)). I don't remember what we originally booked for, as I didn't do the booking(maybe a couple Escalades?).

We put the bride/groom in the Flex as it is easier to get in and out of. It's lower down and no flipping seats to access the back row. The Nitro has a 7th seat in the back row (vs 6 in the Flex). Other than that, both were comfortable rides and the bride/groom were happy.

sputnik
06-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I am glad I didn't waste any money renting cars for my wedding.

They would have sat in the parking lot 98% of the time.

dino_martini
06-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Hertz has 'Prestige' collection, and if your not too picky Budget usually has some nicer vehicles sitting on the lot as well (Buick Enclave's, Lincoln Navigator's)

bituerbo
06-09-2009, 04:54 PM
For the price of 2 rentals you can probably book a limo+driver since you will only be using it to get from the ceremony to the reception (most likely).

black_2.5RS
06-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
Hertz has 'Prestige' collection, and if your not too picky Budget usually has some nicer vehicles sitting on the lot as well (Buick Enclave's, Lincoln Navigator's)

Don't bother w/ Hertz. I booked 2 Navigator's for my wedding last year. I phoned 1 week in advance to make sure the cars were going to be ready and my reservations was still valid (I booked online 1 year in advance) and they said, "oops, the website shouldn't have let you book it - we can't get the cars in Calgary since we're a small market and they won't bring one in (you can get them in Vancouver / Toronto)". Was offered a Tahoe which is hardly a Navigator.

In retrospect though, probably a good thing since the cars were in the parking lot 98% of the time. The only good thing was the size of the car to hold all of the presents / decorations and crap.

Anyways, they're a bunch of pricks, I hate them. Go with someone else.

MushiSushi
06-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks everyone,

I know that the car will be at the parking lot quite a bit, but it's nicer to have a larger & nicer car to get into then a small sport sedan..

Also, limo won't do for us cause we'll need it for all day... I looked at one place and they were charging $600 for 4 hours..

Well, i guess i'll just need to call around to get a good quote and vehicle.

Thanks again

you&me
06-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Does ZR Auto still rent their Phantom? With the advertised price, they might as well, as it's not going anyway anytime soon :D

Graham_A_M
06-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Driving force usually has a nice collection, but I agree it would be a waste of money since the cars will sit in the parking lot most of the time.

chkolny541
06-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by core_upt
a) search
b) not worth it

this, i can also recall at least 5 threads within 4 months on this same topic

dino_martini
06-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by you&me
Does ZR Auto still rent their Phantom? With the advertised price, they might as well, as it's not going anyway anytime soon :D

I have seen the ZR Phantom cruising around down town, but the ZR Limo site doesn't exist any more. Which leads me to believe it was just some one from ZR who borrowed the Phantom.

What a beast though, its like the size of a Range Rover with low ground clearance.