PDA

View Full Version : Best Wrecking Yard in Calgary?

masoncgy
06-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Last night, some dumb broad rear-ended my wife's 2002 Ford Taurus at a low speed and scratched the hell out of the rear bumper cover.

Naturally, the cost to fix this at a collision shop is up around the $1,000 mark, and personally, I don't believe it's necessary to have that kind of money doled out to fix it. Of course, it's not Jackie's fault, so she won't have to pay, other than losing a 10% safe driving discount, which blows.

I would rather source out another bumper cover from a yard and replace it myself and cut a deal with the other owner, rather than go through the whole process with insurance. It's just not worth it in the end.

Anyways... where's the best place in Calgary for me to source out a medium brown colored rear bumper cover for a 2002 Taurus? I know these suckers are a dime a dozen, shouldn't be hard to find.

We're just about to sell that beast too... how convenient!

foreverchina
06-09-2009, 04:29 PM
check the pick n pull: 8600 Barlow Trail SE, Calgary, AB T2C 2N6‎ - (403) 279-7777‎

71car
06-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, the PNP yard as said above is your best bet for a cheap price. However, it's 50/50 chance you'd find a rear bumper for the year 2002 model. Unless if the 2001 model have the same design, then you're have more chance in finding one. Ford usually do a 3-year body design most times.

PNP tend to keep their stock 9-8 years older to before that. Good luck!

gofastmerc
06-09-2009, 06:56 PM
How much are saving with the 10% discount?

Sounds like you are trying save money by spending more, and taking up a couple of days in the process.

Any pics? It might be worth saving.