PDA

View Full Version : insurance adjuster, how long?

tmarabu
06-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi,

I was curious if anyone knew about how long it takes an insurance adjuster to contact you?

I had a guy go 100% road rage on me and tried to basically run me off the road. He was blocking 2 lanes of traffic, and I drove thru the one last open lane.. But he threw open his door!
So that caught the edge of my car, and bent a door hinge on my truck. But it looked like it wrinkled his door pretty good.
(it could of been a T-bone that he forced)

I'm curious who will be blamed for this. I think its him, since we were driving on a road inteneded for driving.. not stopping and fighting.

Both of us were cited for careless driving, which I am fighting with a lawyer.

Any idea on how this all goes?
This is my first run in with tickets, insurance claims etc.

Its already been 10 days and I haven't heard a thing yet from anyone.

I should add that I didn't call my insurance, as this was on a beater I was selling, and have since already sold. Figured it wasn't worth stirring up the pot for nothing on my side.

Whats the normal time lines here?

Lesson learned, even if someone is driving like an ass, probably doesn't help to flip him the bird. I'll be keeping my fingers to myself.. this crap isn't worth it.

black_shadow_18
06-09-2009, 08:42 PM
when I had an insurance adjuster contact me, it was 2 days after the accident. i think 10 days is WAY too long...

510-Trevor
06-09-2009, 08:54 PM
I had a claim with AXA that took over 2 weeks.

variance
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
owner of the car with the open door is at fault.

If you have collision coverage, you should contact your insurance company yourself. they will go after them for damages on your behalf.

if you do not have collision coverage, then you should contact the other guys insurance company to start a claim.

and yes i agree 10 days is much too long. i usually get a call back in about 2-3 days

tom_9109
06-09-2009, 09:37 PM
You can call the claims office and contact the adjuster. They could be busy or maybe have your contact info wrong.

tmarabu
06-12-2009, 09:24 AM
So its up to 13 days, and I haven't heard a word from my or his insurance.
(again, i didn't call my insurance, it wasn't worth it, for a beater ride and they have all my contact info, cell even)

When do you guys think I can breathe a sigh of relief?
Whats the longest someone here has had to wait to be contacted from an insurance company?

I'm pretty sure this guy is at fault, but how does one "know"?

thanks

ralliart_girl
06-12-2009, 09:30 AM
If he opened a car door, then it's his fault.

I think 13 days is a bit much to wait. If you have his policy information, I think you should call the claims department and ask if a claim has even been reported yet.

dansmith11
06-12-2009, 12:50 PM
maybe he didnt even call it in to his company as he knows its his fault ?

i wouldnt call my insurance company if i was him.. "uhh so i was pissed and opened my door to purposely hit someone elses car, just thought id let you guys know" haha

if your car was just a beater that youve since sold anyhow.. i wouldnt do anything.. if your not out looking to collect money for damages, why waste your time? if they call you.. deal with it then.. until then.. why worry?

403Gemini
06-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by tmarabu
Hi,

I was curious if anyone knew about how long it takes an insurance adjuster to contact you?

I had a guy go 100% road rage on me and tried to basically run me off the road. He was blocking 2 lanes of traffic, and I drove thru the one last open lane.. But he threw open his door!
So that caught the edge of my car, and bent a door hinge on my truck. But it looked like it wrinkled his door pretty good.
(it could of been a T-bone that he forced)

I'm curious who will be blamed for this. I think its him, since we were driving on a road inteneded for driving.. not stopping and fighting.

Both of us were cited for careless driving, which I am fighting with a lawyer.

Any idea on how this all goes?
This is my first run in with tickets, insurance claims etc.

I should add that I didn't call my insurance, as this was on a beater I was selling, and have since already sold. Figured it wasn't worth stirring up the pot for nothing on my side.

Whats the normal time lines here?

Lesson learned, even if someone is driving like an ass, probably doesn't help to flip him the bird. I'll be keeping my fingers to myself.. this crap isn't worth it.

He opened his door, even if you hit his open door, its his fault, he was obstructing that lane.

Second,

Do you also sit around hoping that you win the lottery without actually buying a ticket? If you call your insurance company, then you speak to somebody right away.

But he's at fault, and if hes being a complete fucktard - get the repairs done and milk his insurance. That should learn him.

Originally posted by tmarabu
So its up to 13 days, and I haven't heard a word from my or his insurance.
(again, i didn't call my insurance, it wasn't worth it, for a beater ride and they have all my contact info, cell even)

When do you guys think I can breathe a sigh of relief?
Whats the longest someone here has had to wait to be contacted from an insurance company?

I'm pretty sure this guy is at fault, but how does one "know"?

thanks

And I "Know" , as does ralliart_girl , he is in the wrong 100%.

tmarabu
06-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the info and confidence boost.

I'm not looking for anything from him, I freaking HATE insurance Co's. The less you deal with 'em the better. So I won't be milking :) I' don't trust them enough to call and inquire, or even call on his info..
Oh, " Hi Mr insurance man, my name is so and so and this happened..blah blah." I don't think so.

Plus I think with the car gone, its really hard to recover losses on my side. Truely not worth the hassle.

It was literally one of those, one last drive, to say goodbye to her (car).. and this crap happens.

I'm just looking forward to closing the chapter.
I won't be totally convinced for a while longer, but it looks like logic and common sense will prevail.

I'll throw an update here in a week.

Cock Knuckle
06-14-2009, 02:49 PM
I was hit by an uninsured driver 6 months ago. My insurance company has not been returning my emails/calls ever since I began to submit repair bills for this.

Even threats to call their consumer complaint liaison has not budged them to give me any update.

I would consider my situation fairly common among drivers, and it currently has no end in sight. Your situation sounds particularly messed up, but hopefully yours progressed better than mine has. Consider mine the worst case scenario.

ralliart_girl
06-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Cock Knuckle
I was hit by an uninsured driver 6 months ago. My insurance company has not been returning my emails/calls ever since I began to submit repair bills for this.

Even threats to call their consumer complaint liaison has not budged them to give me any update.

I would consider my situation fairly common among drivers, and it currently has no end in sight. Your situation sounds particularly messed up, but hopefully yours progressed better than mine has. Consider mine the worst case scenario.

k, so you have one insurance claim, and all of a sudden you are an expert. I honestly wouldn't know what the details are into why your adjuster isn't calling you back. But what i can tell you is this is not common, and not all insurance people are dicks. What i can also tell you is that insurance adjusters are no different then any other customer service rep, if you are a dick to them, they aren't going to be as eager to help you.

Also, there are processes, it's not as simple as you sending in your bills.

tmarabu
07-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Still nothing, 6+ weeks later!
I'm guessing the insurance adjuster saw it for what it was, his fault.
Cool!

Last thing to do is get this ticket dealt with. (Careless)
Had a court date, but was delayed due to motion of discovery or somthing. Pointts is helping me on that part.
August 13 is the next date, I hope its all done then.

Thanks
B

tmarabu
08-14-2009, 10:20 AM
HI,

well just to close out this thread, I had my day in court yesterday..well my Pointts guy did.

Worth the wait!

I was facing a unsafe lane change and
Careless driving.. ouch.
As of yesterday, both tickets were withdrawn!

Looks like logic and truth prevailed, and that road rage guy got the credit, where it was deserved.

What a mess, but it was very much worth the $$ to have Pointts deal with it.

Thanks to all and hope this helps the next guy with Q's