PDA

View Full Version : LF: jdm 3s-gte ECU to test

600rr
06-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a spare jdm ecu i could maybe borrow for an hour or so to troubleshoot one problem i have yet to find with my car. The problem is the car randomly stopped working in my parking lot, I was thinking i may have hit the ecu when i was removing some contents out of the trunk. My car is no longer getting any spark, however it turns over. I was thinking the afc may have had something to do with this random problem since it controls the spark and fuel going to the motor, so i will also be checking the wiring of it tomorrow. I have replaced all relays and all fuses so thats not the problem. I have also removed the wiring of my turbo timer since i thought that a fuse may have gone in it. My cousin and i have removed all aftermarket electronics in the car and it is all back to OEM toyota wires.

If anyone has any insight on this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

And if anyone could help me out and let me borrow their ecu for an hour or less to test it out on my car please let me know. I will come and pick it up and can leave money as collateral if you wish.

Thanks,

Sean

Redlyne_jr
06-09-2009, 11:22 PM
specify the year you need.. a late 92 jdm or usdm 93

600rr
06-10-2009, 05:48 PM
exactly. Sorry.

mr2mike
06-16-2009, 11:06 AM
AFC only sends a false signal to the AFM. It interrupts that wire, the RPM wire and Throttle position wire. Maybe the knock wire in the newer model AFC too. Other than that, it has nothing to do with spark or timing. The timing is a change on the ECU based on the new AFM reading.

I would disconnect it for the time being regardless.

600rr
06-21-2009, 07:50 PM
yeah the afc is out now. Tested all relays, re wired all the ghetto jdm wiring jobs done and saudered (spelling?) all wires and put heat shrink on them. got a ecu to test so we will see. I just want to get the car driving again!

Redlyne_jr
06-21-2009, 08:13 PM
are you doing it right now? i might come over..

600rr
06-23-2009, 10:56 PM
got it all fixed up and shes back on the road!
there was some really weird spliced wires off the origional harness that were going to the turbo timer, japanese wiring was pretty scary and not safe at all! soldered all the wires and heat shrunk them in the OEM harnesswe are all good now, so its time for more boost and some tuning :)

PS. i recommend anyone with a jdm deuce, or any jdm car with some aftermarket electronics to take off the panels in the car and check the wiring. Some things in my car were really sketchy and very unsafe.

thanks again for the help rhys! we'll go for a rip pretty quick here once i wire to boost controller in and put all the panels back together. Give me a call and ill bring you your spare ecu!

Redlyne_jr
06-23-2009, 11:08 PM
glad to here it:D