PDA

View Full Version : parked with no plates? illegal?

Ed the SOHC
08-20-2002, 12:31 PM
There's a car behind my garage, in the alley way, parked there for months and it has no plates. Is that illegal because it means there's no insurance on the car? I'm pretty sure it belongs to the neighbor across from me but everytime I back out from my garage I have watch out for that POS or I'll hit it.:madred:

sexualbanana
08-20-2002, 12:31 PM
i think it's only illegal if it's parked out front without a plate

HRD2PLZ
08-20-2002, 12:35 PM
Yup, if its on a public road it has to have a plate and insurance. You can probably call and get it towed. If it was on their driveway or in anyway on their property it doesn't need to have a plate or insurance...

dj_honda
08-20-2002, 12:40 PM
yea i left my car for 3 hours without plates, adn someone called teh towing people....i came back and thought my car was stole!!
i have bastard neighbors...

Ed the SOHC
08-20-2002, 12:41 PM
I just called the city parking patrol and it IS illegal to be on city streets or alley's with no plates.... I'm gonna go tell my neighbors to move it tonight.:)

Ed the SOHC
08-20-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda
yea i left my car for 3 hours without plates, adn someone called teh towing people....i came back and thought my car was stole!!

haha... that would scare the shit out of me.

Parking patrol said that the garbage men report cars with no plates for them and so I'm just gonna warn my neighbors to move it... this way I just don't get it towed and start a neighborhood war.

HRD2PLZ
08-20-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

:rofl: that sucks. When I was selling one of my cars years ago, I didn't know about this law. I parked my car on the streets and left it there for a week. One of my neighbors told me I had to have a plate and insurance on it. So, I threw my old plate on the car and left it there for another 2 weeks until it sold!

It also wasn't in anyones way though :dunno:

speedracer
08-20-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

It also wasn't in anyones way though :dunno:
If there is some accident and the car was involved you would be liable.

Also, any vehical on public roads must have insurace.

rage2
08-20-2002, 02:03 PM
Yes, it's illegal, and it will be towed (if you rat 'em out). My parents had a old big ass van with no plates in our alley for 8 years, it just disappeared one day. Apparantly the city towed it cuz someone ratted us out.

Ben
08-20-2002, 02:20 PM
yep, you would be liable even if the person who nailed it was drunk or it should have been thier fault. Now of course they would be busted for thier imparements but you would be listed as at fault cause technically your car wasn't supposed to be there and the accident would not have incured at that spot if your vehicle was not there.

ecstasyracer
08-20-2002, 05:49 PM
Atleast your going to give them a warning to move it. My friends car just dissapeared on him, luckily he figured out it was the nieghbour that had it towed. Just because he wanted that parking spot too.

HRD2PLZ
08-20-2002, 05:58 PM
I know I would have been liable, but- my neighbour told me that (I was 16, I didn't know) so I threw a plate on it again. Who cares? nothing happened. If it got towed...:dunno: it was a Ford Tempo. It wouldn't have been my loss

trendkill
08-20-2002, 06:11 PM
TOW IT TOW IT TOW IT!!!!!

yea have a big party too!!!
we had old neighbors like that at my parents place with a POS old pony got that sucka towed... i cant stand when ppl do that.:bullshit:

D'z Nutz
08-20-2002, 06:45 PM
So if you got a neighbor you don't like, steal their plates and call the towing company! :D

5.9 R/T
08-20-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
So if you got a neighbor you don't like, steal their plates and call the towing company! :D

Or don't call the towing company and wait until a cop see's them on the road, shit that would suck...

ecstasy_civic
08-21-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer
Atleast your going to give them a warning to move it. My friends car just dissapeared on him, luckily he figured out it was the nieghbour that had it towed. Just because he wanted that parking spot too.

That was my rx7 that got towed thnx to a retarded neighbor:( and i had to pay $165 to get it back from the impound lot!. i asked him about it and he said it was not him but i saw him talking to the parking control guy the day before i got a plate for it. thats ok his boats sitting in his drivway if anybody wants a four winns boat with matching trailer pm me lol

[GaGe]
08-21-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Yes, it's illegal, and it will be towed (if you rat 'em out). My parents had a old big ass van with no plates in our alley for 8 years, it just disappeared one day. Apparantly the city towed it cuz someone ratted us out.

Whoa.. I'm surprised that the van didn't disappear before that.

(I never knew mom and dad had a van)

shadowz
08-21-2002, 02:39 AM
So many people think they can leave their POS's in the alley let them rust and forget about them

James
08-21-2002, 05:42 AM
My Dad had his old car sitting in his back alley(but on his property) for over 3 years, then he moved it out in the Alley for ONE day to rebuild his Fence, and some Jackass Neighbour Complained and got it towed,:bullshit: it had plates on it too (expired), and the way it was parked it wasnt in ANYBODYS way.

Some People just have nothing better to do. :rolleyes: