PDA

View Full Version : James Cameron's Avatar

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

OriginalSix
06-10-2009, 07:01 PM
This movie looks like it's going to be the best movie EVER

Steven Soderbergh a critically acclaimed indie director said this about Avatar "I've seen some stuff and holy sh*t. It's the craziest sh*t ever."

James Cameron who made Titanic, Terminator and Alien as well as being the inventor of 3D stereophonic technology uses all new revolutionary 3D techniques in the upcoming film.

The story is about a war of planets...sweeeet

Release Date is December 19, 2009

thoughts?

beecue
06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Um there is no trailer yet so how can it look like the best movie ever. Hype over nothing so far. :dunno:

OriginalSix
06-10-2009, 07:08 PM
They are using facial recognition technology to do the CGI and...nahhhh

You can think what you want but when it breaks records i'll be there sayin i told you so.

Its got the biggest budget in film industry history btw...theres such a thing as hype and theres just facts about the making of movie that mean it'll be insane.

mac_82
06-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Waterworld had a huge budget too. Just saying. Spending money does not guarantee a good movie.

OriginalSix
06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
The difference is, that Waterworld had Kevin Reynolds, basically a B list director as its architect wheres Avatar has John Cameron who invented the Terminator and Alien series and did Titanic...

Xtrema
06-10-2009, 08:04 PM
They have been hyping the game @ E3. So far it looks like it has mechs and other typical futuristic stuff.

They said Beowolf also revolutionize the biz but end up it's just another movie. I'll wait for trailer before I believe the hype.

01RedDX
06-10-2009, 08:05 PM

OriginalSix
06-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah I agree that Titanic sucked. However, it made more money than any movie with the much debated exception of Gone With the Wind.

gatorade
06-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by OriginalSix
The difference is, that Waterworld had Kevin Reynolds, basically a B list director as its architect wheres Avatar has John Cameron who invented the Terminator and Alien series and did Titanic...

lol kevin reynolds?

ZorroAMG
06-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Kevin Reynolds directed Waterworld, gatorade.

Just cause James (not John) Cameron is directing and there is a huge budget, it does NOT guarantee a good movie. Editing, acting, lighting, sound all play a bigger role than budget and director.

95EagleAWD
06-10-2009, 10:48 PM
If you get past the cheesy love story, Titanic was an amazing movie. The sets, props, (most of) the acting, and the accuracy of the sinking (aside from Murdoch's suicide) were bang on.

I quite enjoy Titanic, but only because I'm a Titanic nerd.

gatorade
06-10-2009, 11:28 PM
i thought kevin coster did

Jonel
06-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by gatorade
i thought kevin coster did

Kevin Reynolds directed, Kevin Costner was the lead actor.

gatorade
06-11-2009, 01:40 AM
thanks for the correction, i never even knew a kevin reynolds guy even existed lol, i thought he mixed ryan reynolds with kevin costner lol

b_t
06-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Still no trailer... I'm really wondering if its even going to come out this year.

01RedDX
06-11-2009, 09:45 AM

szw
06-11-2009, 09:51 AM

Don't forget Aquaman

ZorroAMG
06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
LOL

black13
06-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Yea this movie is definitely going to be something special. Cameron is also a master of Sci-fi and he knows how to wow people.

Can't wait.

sexualbanana
06-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
Waterworld had a huge budget too. Just saying. Spending money does not guarantee a good movie.
And it was the greatest fucking movie ever!

GL86
06-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by szw

Don't forget Aquaman

Agreed^ Haha!

urban.one
06-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Snakes on a plane hype?

403Gemini
06-12-2009, 05:59 PM

Well Titanic was a chick flick...

Aliens and Terminator WERE actually B rated movies (and thats what he wanted them to be) when they were released... They became cult classics which turned into huge hits.

Keep in mind, since Titanic, James Cameron really hasn't done too much work, and look what happened to George Lucas when he didn't do a lot of work for quite awhile and then was exposed to the elements of green screens...

cmyden
06-17-2009, 11:34 AM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000116/#director

Cameron has directed some of my favorite movies of all time. Calling him a perfectionist is an understatement, and until he makes a bad movie, I will continue to look forward to anything/everything he's involved in.

He's also a pretty damn smart guy, even outside of the movie realm. If you ever get the chance, watch Aliens Of The Deep, Cameron's documentary about diving deep into the ocean with a submersible.

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=aliens%20of%20the%20deep&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Some of the creatures in our oceans are even more amazing than the sci-fi ones that Cameron has created!

beecue
08-20-2009, 08:20 AM
iYBRFJ9RArc

Apple website is not working yet ... http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/

mac_82
08-20-2009, 08:30 AM
jaw-dropping 3D :eek:

Splooge
08-20-2009, 09:20 AM
damn it the whole time i thought this thread was about Avatar: The Last Airbender lol

403Gemini
08-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Hmm after watching the trailer I dont know if it built the same amount of hype as I made in my head. I have mixed feelings about it, but i'll likely still see it :)

89coupe
08-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Official Trailer release on Quicktime.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/

beecue
08-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Nice it's finally up, the movie looks decent. It will probably be the best 3D movie to date but I don't know what the hype is about.

AaronK
08-20-2009, 09:54 AM
looks really cool.. trailer is well done. 3-d will be cool hopefully. mind you 3-d is a total hit or miss in movies.

b_t
08-20-2009, 10:21 AM
ehh they said the 3D was finally photorealistic and you can't tell what was real or fake. The environments look good, but CG has been able to do real looking landscapes for some time now. The aliens... not so real.

Manhattan
08-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Big budgets and good movies are mutually exclusive. Neither trait guarantees the other. This is just the novelty of the "most expensive movie ever." HYPE.

black13
08-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by b_t
ehh they said the 3D was finally photorealistic and you can't tell what was real or fake. The environments look good, but CG has been able to do real looking landscapes for some time now. The aliens... not so real.

anyone who says that clearly doesn't know much about CGI. The details shows in the trailer are way above anything done before and if you look closely you can tell. And considering 90% of the movie was shot on green screens, you know that everything is fake.

The jungle scene was pretty damn realistic and I don't think anyone has even attempted to CGI a jungle and even look that good.

Regardless this movie will really shine when seen in 3D. I'm pumped as I'll be getting a sneak preview tomorrow.

Xtrema
08-20-2009, 09:10 PM
So the best movie evar is just a Cowboy VS Indian movie?

b_t
08-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by black13

anyone who says that clearly doesn't know much about CGI. The details shows in the trailer are way above anything done before and if you look closely you can tell. And considering 90% of the movie was shot on green screens, you know that everything is fake.

The jungle scene was pretty damn realistic and I don't think anyone has even attempted to CGI a jungle and even look that good.

Regardless this movie will really shine when seen in 3D. I'm pumped as I'll be getting a sneak preview tomorrow.

Up had a really well done jungle :rofl: I've watched it a few more times. They definitely do have most of the fine details down.. and I'm having an easy time convincing myself "they look weird because they are aliens" instead of the CG not looking realistic.

So it does look pretty awesome.

Travel_Dude
08-20-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't really care about how realistic things look. I am simply tired of the nonsense that has been in theaters lately(tf2, gijoe) and am looking forward to an "epic" film that has a story worth talking about.

403Gemini
08-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
So the best movie evar is just a Cowboy VS Indian movie?

:rofl:

Awesome

Billy_Billions
08-25-2009, 01:43 PM
I saw about 10 minutes of this film at the IMAX on Friday. It was incredible. I've seen Beowulf and Up in 3D, and while UP was a little more subtle, Beowulf was doing 3D for spectacle's sake. Cameron is using the 3D to enhance the story. Everything felt more intense one screen - it was very fun to watch.

anyone else go to that screening?

b_t
08-25-2009, 02:49 PM
I didn't know there was one! I would have gone, but I thought it was only showing in America.
I guess I saw the trailer on the big screen this weekend.. looks even better for some reason, almost like the CG is calibrated for a movie theater rather than a computer screen. The animation especially looked more fluid.

Hakkola
08-25-2009, 02:54 PM
I forgot about it.

I was underwhelmed by the trailer I saw on youtube, but on the big screen before Basterds it looked wicked, completely changed my mind.

Just read what you wrote b_t, exactly what I thought.

Vagabond142
10-31-2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.avatarmovie.com/ <---

New Trailer is now on the web. Soooooooo epic :D Looking forward to this one big time

BigMass
10-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Clichéd, boring and played out story line mixed in with billion dollar special effects. Sounds like it should be a hit! I’ll wait for the torrent if I’m really bored one night.

b_t
12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Its getting rave reviews so far. More than a few people have said its a must-see in 3D, uses the technology better than anything else.. ever.. without being obnoxious about it like Beowulf was.
Anybody know how I could possibly see it before the 18th? I seriously can't wait.

Originally posted by BigMass
Clichéd, boring and played out story line mixed in with billion dollar special effects. Sounds like it should be a hit! I’ll wait for the torrent if I’m really bored one night.
I love the internet hate bandwagon for this movie! People have been giving props to the actors in the movie for some strong performances.. Worthington is supposed to be good, Weaver good as always, and Stephen Lang as the evil general is supposed to be a legendary badass. Who cares if the story has been done before.. I can't recall many movies with "original" storylines that I've enjoyed as much as more cliche movies..

beecue
12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
You could try finding screening passes.

They have marketed this movie like crazy. Part of the story on last weeks Bones was 3 guys standing in line to watch the movie. The one actor is actually in the movie but still.

Hakkola
12-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah, gotta see it in 3D, can't wait. I was checking reviews and they're mostly positive. :thumbsup:

mekeni
12-11-2009, 05:44 PM
I'll pass...

Me thinks it's the next "Waterworld"...

Disoblige
12-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I'll watch the other Avatar :rofl:

403Gemini
12-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by b_t

I love the internet hate bandwagon for this movie! People have been giving props to the actors in the movie for some strong performances.. Worthington is supposed to be good, Weaver good as always, and Stephen Lang as the evil general is supposed to be a legendary badass. Who cares if the story has been done before.. I can't recall many movies with &quot;original&quot; storylines that I've enjoyed as much as more cliche movies..

Of course the movie has been done before. It was done in 1992, FernGully: The Last Rainforest

YsIzcyYcuR4

Vagabond142
12-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm definitely going to see it, even if it is cliched, done before, etc... I have yet to see a Cameron movie that has disappointed, tbh.

403Gemini
12-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
I'm definitely going to see it, even if it is cliched, done before, etc... I have yet to see a Cameron movie that has disappointed, tbh.

Titanic?

black13
12-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Yea i'm definitely excited as well.

James Cameron has had the perfect track record for making great movies. He hasn't made a bad one yet.

Hopefully the imax in chinook is real 3d.

ekguy
12-11-2009, 11:02 PM
We can't wait to see it.

syritis
12-11-2009, 11:02 PM
WTF? i thought this was a movie based on the Avatar anime?!?!?!?!?

cycosis
12-12-2009, 12:34 AM
^I think you're thinking about "Avatar the last air bender" which is completely different

Vagabond142
12-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Titanic?

Titanic
Dir: James Cameron

Box Office Take:
Domestic: $600,788,188 32.6%
+ Foreign: $1,242,091,767 67.4%
= Worldwide: $1,842,879,955

I have never seen it, but I think $1.8 BILLION is a successful movie

BigMass
12-12-2009, 01:49 PM

Titanic

Box Office Take:

Good and successful have nothing to do with each other. It’s like saying McDonalds is the best food in the world or that Wal-Mart carries the highest quality products.

HuMz
12-12-2009, 02:41 PM

Good and successful have nothing to do with each other. It’s like saying McDonalds is the best food in the world or that Wal-Mart carries the highest quality products.

Horrible comparison, how are good and successful not somewhat related when it comes to movies?

If a movies good people will go see it making it a success, if a movie sucks then people will stay away....seems pretty simple to me.:dunno:

You may not have liked it, but a good portion of the millions did making it a success.

black13
12-12-2009, 02:52 PM

For what it was trying to be, Titanic was a good movie. It was a disaster movie mixed with a romance movie. Yea it wasn't really appealing to the male crowd.

But even I can appreciate the production value and the directing. Even after more than 10 years, it still looks good waaaaay better than garbage like 2012.

And after all it did win 11 oscars too.

It just shows James Camerons talent that he doesn't just stick to one genra and milk it like most directors ala Roland Emmerich.

Cameron's done sci-fi, comedy, horror, romance and all of them have been good if not amazing.

403Gemini
12-12-2009, 03:24 PM

Titanic

Box Office Take:

Originally posted by HuMz

Horrible comparison, how are good and successful not somewhat related when it comes to movies?

"The Twilight Saga: New Moon" took in $72.7 million in its first day to break the single-day domestic box office record set by "The Dark Knight," which had a $67.2 million opening day last year.

I'm not too sure what you're trying to say?

If you appeal to a certain audience, of course you will be successful. Doesn't mean it is a good movie by any means.

Vagabond142
12-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Well, there are also genres to think about. Okay, knocking out EVERYTHING BUT science fiction, name me a James Cameron movie in the science fiction genre that has not been good AND/OR successful?

yeah. His sci fi = good, hence I will go see avatar :drama: :goflames:

natejj
12-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Went to preorder tickets today for Avator on Friday in Imax 3d.... Since WHEN did movies start costing 18 dollars a pop??? 14 for general admission to Imax? What a joke.

know1edge
12-14-2009, 02:28 AM

89coupe
12-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by natejj
Went to preorder tickets today for Avator on Friday in Imax 3d.... Since WHEN did movies start costing 18 dollars a pop??? 14 for general admission to Imax? What a joke.

:cry:

Don't go then...:rofl:

mr2mike
12-14-2009, 11:15 AM

Good and successful have nothing to do with each other.

Like the pet rock or the Slap Chop. They're successful but hardly good.

They're hyping this like nobody's business. Guessing it's a flop and they're trying to break even on cost.

Hakkola
12-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike

They're hyping this like nobody's business. Guessing it's a flop and they're trying to break even on cost.

Doubt it will be a flop, great reviews for the most part, and usually they don't advertise much if they don't have faith in the movie. I remember a lot of advertising for Dark Knight, it wasn't a flop.

Danny Meehan
12-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by b_t
I can't recall many movies with &quot;original&quot; storylines that I've enjoyed as much as more cliche movies..
one original plot .. one amazing movie .. one badass leader ... dirty dozen Lee Marvin

mr2mike
12-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Point taken.

I'm thinking more of Spiderman 3 & GI Joe. Don't know the numbers on their revenue but I thought they both sucked compared to what they were hyped up to be.

nodoubtt
12-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by HuMz

If a movies good people will go see it making it a success, if a movie sucks then people will stay away....seems pretty simple to me.:dunno:

You may not have liked it, but a good portion of the millions did making it a success.

are you kidding me? this is the complete opposite of the reality with hollywood movies. The most popular ones are usually mindless movies made to appeal to the general population or teenagers etc. with a garbage plot and character development, whereas some of the best movies I've ever seen have had very VERY limited releases and made very little money, but in terms of movie quality have been spectacular.
Same thing with the music industry - you really think the crap that fills up the billboard top 50 is quality? No most of it is hot garbage. There is soooo much more quality music out there in underground scene

b_t
12-18-2009, 03:23 AM
Just saw it... its all true. The plot does rely pretty heavily on cliches. Story and character-wise, this is all stuff you have seen before. But it is also the craziest looking movie of all time. The CG is occasionally obvious, usually when the mechs and human helicopter-type things are on screen. The jungle, the creatures, the aliens.. the rest is fantastic. This movie looks insane!

Everybody puts on a good show... the colonel is an unstoppable badass, like an elderly version of the Terminator. Sam Worthington is good too.. I thought he was the best actor in Terminator Salvation which isn't saying much, but he does a great job here.

Even though the plot is by the numbers, it is still is a James Cameron movie. The guy does a great job keeping things rolling. Didn't feel like 2 hours and 40 minutes to me, not even close.

All in all, sick movie. Recommend it highly but I think the story is going to hold this back from being one of the greatest movies of all time. Even though its not a movie I see dominating on the imdb top ten, it still deserves nothing less than 5/5 stars :rofl:

JAYMEZ
12-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Cool , ill go see it Imax Saturday!

SilverRex
12-19-2009, 01:02 AM
came back from the 7 pm Imax show

only one word

holy fcuk

:thumbsup:

2 hours before the movie and already a huge line up thankfully being there a tad more than 2 hours got me on the 2nd spot

SilverRex
12-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Point taken.

I'm thinking more of Spiderman 3 &amp; GI Joe. Don't know the numbers on their revenue but I thought they both sucked compared to what they were hyped up to be.

this one is going to set the benchmark for future moving making. the presentation, details. wow

slinkie
12-19-2009, 01:43 AM
this movie was ridiculous

thought it was gonna suck, went in expecting nothing...holy shit

easily gonna be the new 'highest-grossing movie of all time' i bet

SilverRex
12-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by slinkie
this movie was ridiculous

thought it was gonna suck, went in expecting nothing...holy shit

easily gonna be the new 'highest-grossing movie of all time' i bet

well at least you were expecting nothing. I was expecting alot, and it still impressed me.

slinkie
12-19-2009, 02:16 AM
the level of detail and amount of work put into it is so insane

HiTempguy1
12-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Just curious, in order to watch it in 3d, does it have to be at an IMAX? Its been 3 months since I've been in a theatre, and I've never been able to see one of these "3d" movies before except at IMAX.

petoria
12-19-2009, 11:39 AM
just saw in last night, by far one of the best movies of all time. my favorite movie of 2009

C_Dave45
12-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Question: Is there a difference between this movie in "Digital 3D" (REALD 3D) and the "Imax 3D"? Do they both use the same glasses, just a bigger format with the IMAX?

Went to get online tickets and it gives 3 choices: Avatar choices (http://www.empiretheatres.com/avatar-choose-your-format)

I still have the good 3D glasses from another IMAX 3D....so can you buy tickets without the glasses surcharge?

Graham_A_M
12-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Interesting. The guys here that've seen it have nothing but praise for it. Yet I read in the Herald this movie was 2.5 stars at best (mainly due to its reliance on its cliche's). :(

I still really want to go see it though. I'll bet this is just a masterpiece.

black13
12-19-2009, 12:57 PM
^^You shouldn't be watching Avatar just based on the story, its the visual effects that really make it special. Still I wouldn't trust that review. Movie has 82% on Rottentomatoes.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
Question: Is there a difference between this movie in &quot;Digital 3D&quot; (REALD 3D) and the &quot;Imax 3D&quot;? Do they both use the same glasses, just a bigger format with the IMAX?

Went to get online tickets and it gives 3 choices: Avatar choices (http://www.empiretheatres.com/avatar-choose-your-format)

I still have the good 3D glasses from another IMAX 3D....so can you buy tickets without the glasses surcharge?

Imax 3D>>>Real 3D >>>>>>>>>>>> 35mm 2D

Hands down, best way to watch it is at Chinook Imax but I hear lineups are crazy cause everyone wants to watch in that and we only have one theater.

And no the extra charge in the ticket isn't for the glasses, its for the actual movie and that it costs more to make. The Imax movie print is about 5 or so times bigger than a regular movie print thats why its so big.

C_Dave45
12-19-2009, 01:00 PM
^ Awesome, thanks.

Yeah I never read paper reviews. Hell, I don't even listen to friends' reviews. I go and decide for myself.

rockanrepublic
12-19-2009, 02:24 PM
saw it last night the story was very predictable and kind of thin like already stated but James Cameron really came into his element and basically transports you to the world of pandora. I give this movie 5/5 for sure but i went into it expecting it to be pretty terrible. the visual effects and character development really carry this movie.:clap:
Oh and in the theater i was in it got a standing ovation.

slinkie
12-19-2009, 04:09 PM
the only thing i got sick of were

The constant Bush, etc shots... some of the ones I caught were
the line "fight terror with terror"...
sully's little soliloquy "you find someone sitting on something you want, you make them your enemy, and you destroy them to get it" or something
the corny-ass line "they're using some kind of ... shock & awe tactics"

we get it james cameron:facepalm:

rockanrepublic
12-19-2009, 04:15 PM
^^ i didnt think those lines stuck out as corny when watching:dunno:

SilverRex
12-19-2009, 04:16 PM
i think im going to go watch it again once the line up isnt as crazy

slinkie
12-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by rockanrepublic
^^ i didnt think those lines stuck out as corny when watching:dunno:

yeah maybe i am just a nerd...altho on one of them, i think the 'fight terror with terror' line, ONE guy just started laughing his head off and saying 'oh god'...at least i'm not that far-gone

rockanrepublic
12-19-2009, 04:23 PM

yeah maybe i am just a nerd...altho on one of them, i think the 'fight terror with terror' line, ONE guy just started laughing his head off and saying 'oh god'...at least i'm not that far-gone
haha thinking after words yea it does sound pretty corny but as i said i just didn't notice when watching. i had a guy sitting behind me who was cheering for every epic part in the movie.:facepalm:

BigMass
12-19-2009, 05:48 PM
the only thing i got sick of were

The constant Bush, etc shots... some of the ones I caught were
the line &quot;fight terror with terror&quot;...
sully's little soliloquy &quot;you find someone sitting on something you want, you make them your enemy, and you destroy them to get it&quot; or something
the corny-ass line &quot;they're using some kind of ... shock &amp; awe tactics&quot;

we get it james cameron:facepalm:

that sounds fucking horrible but somehow expected. Screw 3D and special effects, this movie could be in virtual reality and I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

SilverRex
12-19-2009, 06:04 PM
at first critics were at 100% then 94% and now 82%

however the RT communitiy which also reflects the average person, went from 75% to 89%

therefore this moving is getting more attention and people are realizing its a good movie. The 1st day box office was hardly explosive. but I think it will have quite the staying power. similar to titanic when it ran for nearly a year at the theaters.

Supa Dexta
12-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by rockanrepublic
Oh and in the theater i was in it got a standing ovation.

wtf? for who? the screen? :nut: :rofl:

b_t
12-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
at first critics were at 100% then 94% and now 82%

however the RT communitiy which also reflects the average person, went from 75% to 89%

therefore this moving is getting more attention and people are realizing its a good movie. The 1st day box office was hardly explosive. but I think it will have quite the staying power. similar to titanic when it ran for nearly a year at the theaters.

The top critics have been at 94% the whole time with only one bad review. RT's standards have fallen and they have quite a lot of troll reviewers on there now who drag down the normal score.

Just caught a matinee today since I had nothing better to do. Just as great the second time around :D

HiTempguy1
12-19-2009, 08:41 PM
BTW, I answered my own question when I noticed people posting about the "real 3d". Apparently Red Deer has it, so I'm set! I'm thinkin' avatar tomorrow night :D

Xtrema
12-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Damn, now I want to go blow some shit up @ Ft Mac.

Full of cliche is an understatement but it doesn't matter.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: /5

blinkme_210
12-20-2009, 01:01 AM
During the movie, I kept wanting to reach out and grab the jellyfish/cheesestring head seedlings, haha. I also instinctively flinched to avoid the bush when the camera first went into the forest. I'll be definitely picking it up once it comes out on Blu-Ray.

beecue
12-20-2009, 03:19 AM

that sounds fucking horrible but somehow expected. Screw 3D and special effects, this movie could be in virtual reality and I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Good for you, there aren't any movies that meet your standards. :rolleyes:

I want to live in Pandora after watching that. :D Some of the one liners were pretty bad though. Hopefully it does well at the box office so we get a sequel.

black13
12-20-2009, 03:38 AM
wow amazing movie! The visual effects are what really makes this movie. The acting and Story is still good and waayyy above crap like Transformers.

And definitely go for Imax if you can. At chinook Imax only an hour lineup before and you can get good seats. The movie isn't crazy buzzed but I think it will last a long time in theaters.

jsn
12-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Although a good movie, I don't think the movie was as good as it was hyped up to be. Some people were saying that this is the best movie of all time. Definitely not THAT good, but i still thought it was a very good movie. I'll probably pick it up on bluray when it comes out.

I saw it in real 3D. I know it was mentioned that Imax 3D> real 3d, but next to the larger screen, is there a huge difference?

BigShow
12-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Long and boring, anyone else agree?

Disoblige
12-20-2009, 09:15 PM
It was alright. I could have done without the 3D. Didn't care for it. and I thought it would be the normal 3D glasses for some reason. IMAX ones are totally uncomfortable.