PDA

View Full Version : Futurama Returns

D'z Nutz
06-10-2009, 11:03 PM
I know there's some fans on here. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned anything yet:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/993/993144p1.html

Futurama Return Made Official
The animated series is coming back in a big way.
by Eric Goldman

June 9, 2009 - You just can't stop Futurama. A day after news broke that the show looked to be coming back, Comedy Central has made it official, announcing they have picked up the series for an impressive 26 new episodes – thirteen more than originally expected.

As Comedy Central notes, this will mark the first true new episodes of the show in six years – though the four recent, straight-to-DVD Futurama movies were re-cut into 22 minute episodes.

Comedy Central will begin showing the new installments beginning mid-2010. An interesting note in the press release states, "Twentieth Century Fox Television retains the option to license the original runs of the new episodes to a broadcast network," seemingly implying there is a chance a network (though come on, it would be FOX, right?) could potentially air the new episodes first, before Comedy Central.

Says co-creator Matt Groening, "We're thrilled Futurama is coming back. We now have only 25,766 episodes to make before we catch up with Bender and Fry in the year 3000." Added his fellow Futurama creator, David X. Cohen, "We're excited and amazed that the show is coming back, perhaps due to some sort of mysterious time loop. We look forward to working with Comedy Central and 20th Television to make this the best iteration of the loop yet!"

Futurama mirrors another 20th Century Fox production, Family Guy, by its impressive resurrection, years after cancellation. Says 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden, "When we brought back Family Guy several years ago, everyone said that it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing - that canceled series stay canceled and cannot be revived. But Futurama was another series that fans simply demanded we bring back, and we couldn't have been happier when Matt and David agreed that there were many more stories yet to tell."

beecue
06-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah it's great that it got bumped up from 13 episodes. I bought the 4 volumes like a year ago but they are still sealed, will watch them before this airs. Doubt it will air on Fox because all of their Sunday cartoons are picked up for multiple seasons already.

JAYMEZ
06-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Awesome!! But 2010 , gdamnit.

Cy2k1
06-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Sweet! Hopefully Futurama's comeback will be good and not turn into some bullshit like Family Guy with 20 mins of straight filler and songs....

JMaj7
06-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Fuck Yes!!

I can't wait. I thought the movies were great.

msommers
06-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Fuck ya! I love Futurama

"Oh a lesson from Mr. I'm my own Grandpa"
:rofl: :rofl:

Hash_man
06-11-2009, 09:11 AM
wOOOOOOOOOt!! :eek: :clap: :clap:

I remember hearing about this, but thought it was supposed to be happening a while ago, glad to see it go through, can't wait for new episodes.

GL86
06-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Multi ball multi ball!!!

I was choked after I saw the last movie. Thought it was truly the end...

But this news just made my day!

SlowLude
06-11-2009, 02:14 PM
This is awesome news! I've just recently become a big fan in the past 2 years! I still watch it on YTV at 9:30! :)

sputnik
06-11-2009, 02:15 PM
http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2009/1/25/14/good-news-everyone-pic-32583-1232911812-1.jpg

xLostx
06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Hopefully it doesn't suck.

texasnick
06-11-2009, 03:47 PM
YES!!!

Xtrema
07-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Noooooo...... "bite my shiny metal ass" may not sound the same any more.....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ibdf529f18374f6c965f140dbc42e7419

D'z Nutz
07-18-2009, 12:30 AM
:thumbsdow

Tik-Tok
07-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Noooooo...... "bite my shiny metal ass" may not sound the same any more.....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ibdf529f18374f6c965f140dbc42e7419

:facepalm:

Honestly... you're reading a fucking script for a cartoon. What kind of money do you think you deserve?

D'z Nutz
08-10-2009, 12:48 PM
http://tv.ign.com/articles/100/1009858p1.html

Futurama Voice Cast Returning!
UPDATED: The fans can finally rest easy.
by IGN TV

July 31, 2009 - Rejoice! Reports are coming in that the cast of Futurama is returning! The Star is reporting that the cast has signed new deals with 20th Century Fox already. All of this comes hot on the heels of some nail-biting salary negotiations and a "no show" for the voice cast during the San Diego Comic-Con panel last weekend.

We contacted 20th Century Fox this afternoon for confirmation on the stories coming in and while it seems The Star might have been a bit premature saying the deals are done, what we hear is also very optimistic. 20th informed us that voice actor Maurice LaMarche ("Kif Kroker"/Additional Voices) posted that he would be returning on his Facebook page, and that deals with the rest of the cast are imminent and will hopefully be finalized by the end of the day.

At Comic-Con this past weekend, IGN TV spoke to John DiMaggio ("Bender") about the situation and he told us he was hopeful a deal would be made. Luckily, it looks like his hopes – and the fans – have paid off.

Update: According to sources at 20th Century Fox, Billy West and John DiMaggio have not yet signed, but are close. However, Katey Sagal, Maurice LaMarche and Tress MacNeille are reportedly confirmed to have signed.

Update 2: And now we're completely in the clear! We just got this word from 20th Century Fox: "Just wanted you to know that we now have deals with the entire Futurama voice cast to return: John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche, Billy West, Tress MacNeille and Katey Sagal."

Futurama creators Matt Groening and David X. Cohen released this statement: "We are thrilled to have our incredible cast back. The call has already gone out to the animators to put the mouths back on the characters."

Who wants to bet there is at least one reference to all of this madness in an upcoming episode?