PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean carpets?

Kobe
06-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Hey I was wondering what the best wait to clean my carpets was, I got a few pop stains and I would like to get them out, I've tried those carpet cleaners but they don't seem to work

Brutucus
06-11-2009, 12:41 AM
oxi clean *test it on small part of your carpet to make sure it doesn't discolor your carpet*, let it soak for couple minutes and wipe with a rag. If it stubborn, same steps but scrub it with a brush.

cancer man
06-11-2009, 03:40 AM
You can try vinegar and water or Simply green it does a good job on dog puke and or blood.
Somebody told me white wine works as well but i never tried it.

D. Dub
06-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Go to an industrial/janitorial cleaning supply store and see what they have

Deville
06-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Try a 50/50 water / vinegar mix, but don't just spray it on and start trying to clean it. Spray it on so it's almost soaked, then get a clean towel and lay it on top. Then grab 50+ lbs of weight like books and stuff and set it on top and leave it for an hour or two. Most of the stain should absorb into the towel. Works really good on fresh stains, but not to sure about an older one.

Amysicle
06-11-2009, 05:21 PM
^^^ I agree with Deville, but instead of books (which will possibly soak up the water through the towel and ruin the books) grab some bar weights or like a huge stock pot and fill it up with water for weight.