PDA

View Full Version : RX7 + 712s + October 29...

CanadianFC
10-29-2003, 01:15 AM
Damnit I was coming home from the University today.
When they said kumho 712s were not an all season tire they weren't kidding. I drove like 20-25km/hr all the way home, people in their topazes and celebrities were passing me.
But made it home safe.. RWD+Summer Tires today = teh suck. Won't be able to put my winters on until the weekend. Looks like it's Calgary Transit for the next few days.

thich
10-29-2003, 01:34 AM
at least you got home okay and safe....
visibility was quite bad tonite :S
i was driving home from a friend's house and it was hard to see :thumbsdow

Ekliptix
10-29-2003, 07:57 AM
I hear ya, going far south west to my home was not nice.

Visability was very poor also.

I get to borrow the Dinali XL today though :)

Maxt
10-29-2003, 04:53 PM
I think i got the last rip in my car on Monday, I had a nice road trip through southern Alberta, 700 km's worth through places like Magrath, cardston, waterton, raymond coaldale, etc etc.. Nice trip..
I was hearing all sorts of snow rumors though, and it started to rain when I was down there, kinda started worrying though, Rx-7 + 275/40/17's +sleet/slow was an equation I kept going over in my head, and the answer wasn't pretty...
I am really happy it waited till today to come...Maxt

redline_13000
10-29-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by CanadianFC
Damnit I was coming home from the University today.
When they said kumho 712s were not an all season tire they weren't kidding. I drove like 20-25km/hr all the way home, people in their topazes and celebrities were passing me.
But made it home safe.. RWD+Summer Tires today = teh suck. Won't be able to put my winters on until the weekend. Looks like it's Calgary Transit for the next few days.

Hey bro are you gonna drive the FC in the winteR? i finally got my car outta the garage, took me about 2 hours to go 1 km away and back, ended up calling my buddy to pick up the jimmy and tow me home:thumbsdow i hope its just my tires (z rated summers) or else ill have to park the rx7 and drive the jimmy all winter again

ecstasyracer
10-29-2003, 11:01 PM
After I finally made it to home from work I had to put on my winter tires in the middle of the alley becuase that was as far as I could get in my 7. I have learned that kumho ecsta mx's and snow don't mix at all. I figured I could at least wait a few days until I had to change.

red RX-7
10-29-2003, 11:11 PM
i have 712's on my RX-7 as well, i could barely make it up my street so i backed her up to my house and went back to sleep till noon. the thing that sucks is that my winter rims are going to be in on friday. so much for doing anything this week...

SaskS14
10-29-2003, 11:19 PM
I have 712's on my 240SX as well. We didn't get the snow as bad as you guys here in Regina but even just in the slushy streets it was sketchy at the best of times.

In the past I have garaged my car for the winter but I am going to try keeping it out this winter. Picked up a set of barely used Nokians tonight and we will see how it goes in the snow. :)

redline_13000
10-29-2003, 11:22 PM
So do good winter tires work well on rx7s or am i gonna have to park it?

red RX-7
10-29-2003, 11:26 PM
i drive to Golden to go skiing about 8 time every winter and i have no problems, just get good winter tires and you should be fine. I drove it last year when it snowed about 30cm between lake louise and golden and the car was fine. you just have to drive safe

CanadianFC
10-30-2003, 12:44 AM
I had some Nordic Icetracks last year and it was alright. But trying a new brand this year...
We'll see.

TK91GT
10-30-2003, 08:45 AM
canadian FC is yours the silver approx 94' Rx7? If so I like it. yeah driving home in the stang wasnt so hot the other day either. I was spinning in 4th for fucks sake.

littledan
10-30-2003, 10:57 AM
i think he has an fc.. the 94 would be an fd