PDA

View Full Version : Buying Macbook? BUY NOW!

Disoblige
06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Apple recently just reduced the prices of their Macs (Macbooks and Macbook Pros) a couple hundred bucks because to my knowledge from my workplace, they're going to bring back the white macbook with a 2.13 Ghz processor and DDR2 ram, and classify all the aluminum ones as Macbook Pros with probably a Pro price-tag.

So if anyone's looking for a new macbook, best to go buy the 2.4 Ghz Aluminum one with DDR3 ram, illuminated keyboard for $1499 or something, rather than $1749. Once these are gone, I think they're gone. I believe they only have the white macbook on apple.ca but I know London Drugs still carry the 2.4 while supplies last.

Just a heads up :clap:

CivicDXR
06-11-2009, 05:45 PM
not bad... but the new 13" MBP didn't really get MBP pricing... the new low end $1399 MBP has everything that the $1499 old one does... with the exception of having a slightly lower processor, and a smaller hard drive...

so yes, getting the old one at a reduced price is a good deal, but the new one isn't gonna be priced at 'pro' pricing like you think...

.civictyper.
06-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Got my 13 inch pro last night.. traded in the macbook i bought last week.. And a free 120 gig ipod.

Love it.

kokanee27
06-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Apple recently just reduced the prices of their Macs (Macbooks and Macbook Pros) a couple hundred bucks because to my knowledge from my workplace, they're going to bring back the white macbook with a 2.13 Ghz processor and DDR2 ram, and classify all the aluminum ones as Macbook Pros with probably a Pro price-tag.

they already did this a few days ago

they took the 13" aluminum macbook, added a few features like the illuminated keyboard, firewire, port and an SD card slot, and called it a pro (which is $1399 on thier website)
and they never got rid of the white macbook it was always available, but it does now have a 2.13 ghz processor now
all this was announced at their WWDC on monday

some places may have the now 'older' MBP but it may be hard to find