PDA

View Full Version : HSRG inc. HELP!!

2Valve0
06-11-2009, 05:42 PM
K theres this "mystery shopper" job on this site.

The URL is www.hsrginc.com

My friend signed up and recieved a cheque in the mail 2 weeks maybe a little less than that with a letter in it.

This is a one page letter, highly unprofessional, no personal information was required upon application, it was said the "registration fee"was waived because they were selected and a the cheque received was for $2,880. It says theres an assignment to go cash the cheque and transfer the money through moneygram to an account in the UK "ä relative of yours" then rate the service of theres. It says you get paid 150$ for this. Wondering if anyone has any information on this company seems like a scam, don't know how it would be though, and was interested.

Thanks

Amysicle
06-11-2009, 06:11 PM
It is a scam because after you cash the fake cheque and wire the money, the financial institution realizes the cheque is fake and goes after you for the money. While the person who gets the moneygram has $$$ and disappears. Cops won't help you.

Pollywog
06-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Money for free is never free money.

2Valve0
06-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Amysicle you had experience with this company or know anyone who has? cause I found it kinda fishy too.
This must be a good fake ass cheque if so looks legit

Amysicle
06-11-2009, 06:29 PM
HAHAHAHA. God no. Well my 28 year old sister is probably stupid enough to fall for it but ... :rofl:

You read about these things on the internet about how other people have fallen for these scams. Sometimes it's a slightly different scenerio (renting a room from overseas and paying too much for the rent and getting you to wire the difference back, etc.)

The result is always the same. Someone overseas gets all the money, and the poor schmuck here is stuck with a debt he can't afford for nothing.

BlackArcher101
06-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Using ANY sort of logic would make you run away from this... but the fact that people are greedy will make them overlook that logic.