PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Soda

RY213
06-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Has anyone ever seen or tried chocolate flavored cola? I quick google search didnt really turn up much. They make Vanilla Coke, why not Chocolate Coke?

bignerd
06-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Because Vanilla Coke sucked, thats why.

three.eighteen.
06-12-2009, 12:52 AM
vanilla is already a main constituent of cola, so they just dialed more in...i dunno if chocolate cola would be good...

5000Audi
06-12-2009, 01:03 AM
chocolate milk... theres your chocolate soda!!! just without the carbonation

Kritafo
06-12-2009, 07:33 AM
The problem is you need to go to a fountain shop or candy shop and get these fresh not from a can. Unfortunately I can't think of any place around here that would have them....maybe Marv's in Black Diamond.

This is the guy that has carbonated ice creme.

http://www.marvsclassics.ca/shop.html

I would bet you could find a good recipe for these from what I see. It would take some time to riffle through the websites.

This is probably the closest you will get. But you would have to have it sent to RAF Express Parcel Service in Sweetgrass go pick it up...write your review.

http://www.beveragesdirect.com/detail-468-Canfields_Diet_Chocolate_Fudge_Soda_24_Pack.asp

z24_wheels
06-12-2009, 08:46 AM
I remember chocolate soda as a kid. I think it was chocolate cherry soda. It was good. Hell if I can remember the brand though, this was in the mid 80's. I remember New York seltzer though!

nonlinear
06-12-2009, 10:11 AM
i've definitely had chocolate coke - it has to be mixed (like a soda fountain would), but they used to have it at a lot of the mom and pop pizza/italian places where i grew up. i'm not sure if there is anywhere in calgary that makes them, but there is a soda fountain in black diamond/turner valley that can prolly make a mean chocolate soda. or, go to an italian store and buy some chocolate syrup and make your own. they have a shitload of flavors so you could also make like orange or pineapple coke, or whatever. you can also just mix those syrups with soda water and make italian soda.

Kardon
06-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Ugh I tried that chocolate flavoured Dr. Pepper last year or so, wow that was nasty. :barf:

RY213
06-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo This is probably the closest you will get. But you would have to have it sent to RAF Express Parcel Service in Sweetgrass go pick it up...write your review. http://www.beveragesdirect.com/deta...oda_24_Pack.asp

I found that product when I searched before posting. Too bad its diet soda :barf:

Originally posted by nonlinear i've definitely had chocolate coke - it has to be mixed (like a soda fountain would), but they used to have it at a lot of the mom and pop pizza/italian places where i grew up. i'm not sure if there is anywhere in calgary that makes them, but there is a soda fountain in black diamond/turner valley that can prolly make a mean chocolate soda. or, go to an italian store and buy some chocolate syrup and make your own. they have a shitload of flavors so you could also make like orange or pineapple coke, or whatever. you can also just mix those syrups with soda water and make italian soda.

Thats a good idea, ill try and find that syrup. Maybe ill take my girl out to Black Diamond and give that place a try.

I once tried mixing Quik with a Pepsi, that didnt turn out so well, lol...

Kritafo
06-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear
i've definitely had chocolate coke - it has to be mixed (like a soda fountain would), but they used to have it at a lot of the mom and pop pizza/italian places where i grew up. i'm not sure if there is anywhere in calgary that makes them, but there is a soda fountain in black diamond/turner valley that can prolly make a mean chocolate soda. or, go to an italian store and buy some chocolate syrup and make your own. they have a shitload of flavors so you could also make like orange or pineapple coke, or whatever. you can also just mix those syrups with soda water and make italian soda.

That place in BD is Marv's I posted the link. See I thought there was chocolate coke. I wasn't sure. We lived so close to the states we always did most of our grocery shopping there.

anyone have a soda making kit sitting at home? I would try that too!

Wonder if Pop Shoppe ever did Chocolate?