PDA

View Full Version : Gots lap top problems

FullMetal
06-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Hey guys, my gf has an ACER laptop Aspire 5610 series, it worked fine and every thing, she played the sims on it for about like 2 weeks or so and then one night she came to play the game, she started up the laptop and pressed to open the game but nothing happend. I took a look at it and found out that there is no CD rom in "My computer" area i tryed to do a system restore but it wouldnt let me, i tryed to do a system backup but i couldnt cuz i cant use the burner on the laptop to copy a cd and do a backup, so i put in a memory car in the usb slot and nothing showed up at all. The laptop turns on and every thing and you can go on the internet and do what ever u want, but the usb is not getting picked up by the laptop and the cdrom wont start up when a cd in put in it, but u can hear the cd spinning when u put it in the cd rom, is there a way to fix this or reactive something that was deactivated? its a vista... Thanks

jwslam
06-12-2009, 01:28 AM
sounds like drivers?
try the "add new hardware" thing in control panel (i'm on xp. i dont' know what it is on vista or whether it exists at all)

FullMetal
06-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by jwslam
sounds like drivers?
try the "add new hardware" thing in control panel (i'm on xp. i dont' know what it is on vista or whether it exists at all)

im an XP user as well i dont know much about vista, we took it to bestbuy and futureshop and the guy did every thing he could but said he didnt like vista as well and didnt know much about it and that he didnt want to know lol, he said best thing to do is reboot the system, but i want to save somethings that are on it but cant
any one know how i can fix this problem?

FullMetal
06-13-2009, 02:41 AM
any one?

torob
06-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Click start, right click on my computer, hit properties, window pops up, on the left click device manager... see if there are any icons with yellow exclamation mark....

Also try updating all your drivers from acer site

FullMetal
06-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by torob
Click start, right click on my computer, hit properties, window pops up, on the left click device manager... see if there are any icons with yellow exclamation mark....

Also try updating all your drivers from acer site okie ill try, ok there is no yellow icons it shows that e very thing is working find :werd: i cant see the cd rom driver in my computer at all tho...

alloroc
06-13-2009, 05:44 PM
shut it off then restart and open the bios configuration. Make sure they are still enabled in the bios setup.

top_speed
06-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by FullMetal
okie ill try, ok there is no yellow icons it shows that e very thing is working find :werd: i cant see the cd rom driver in my computer at all tho...
:werd: <-------this says WORD not weird:rofl:

FullMetal
06-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by top_speed

:werd: &lt;-------this says WORD not weird:rofl:

lol looks like an e but no i lol:facepalm: to me, ok so i found out that the laptop doesnt have service pack 1 for vista, yall think it might be from that? also ill try the dios

Numi
06-13-2009, 10:30 PM
mine was doing this one day but i just turned it off and rebooted it and it worked fine..

FullMetal
06-13-2009, 10:40 PM
My gf did that, and i also tried to do a system retore and it didnt work, im still at work at the moment so i havent checked on the laptop yet but yeah any other ideas Numi or any one? thanks

alloroc
06-13-2009, 11:24 PM
shut it off completely.

unplug it

remove the battery for 3 minutes (sometimes laptop MB's need to be reset and this is the best way)

start it and check the bios

restart it and run ALL updates.

Carl64
06-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Had this problem at work. If the above doesnt work, put the XP cd in, open a command prompt (win key + r then type cmd) and type sfc /scannow and let that run.

FullMetal
06-14-2009, 09:03 PM
the thing is that the cd rom wont load up u can hear the cd spinning but nothing loads i went to the bios and there is a password :facepalm: i cant pass the password and my gf never set one on it i think im going to take it to bestbuy or somthing and get it wiped

Nissan_Fanboy
06-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Deffinintly sounds like a driver issue,
Im not sure how to work vista, but just check the CD driver,
or pull the driver off of the website.

Try taking the Drive out, and put it back in and then restart the computer.

FullMetal
06-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy
Deffinintly sounds like a driver issue,
Im not sure how to work vista, but just check the CD driver,
or pull the driver off of the website.

Try taking the Drive out, and put it back in and then restart the computer.
I had that done before the first time i took it to futureshop, the laptop cant reconize the usb :banghead: its pissing me off lol

dj techsta
06-15-2009, 01:13 AM
before doing that, your CD-Rom may be conflicting with another drive.

Try this:
Open your start menu
right click on "Computer"
click "Manage"
under i believe "Disk management" or something like that (not on my home comp right now so don't know exactly you'll have a list generate of all your drives on the computer.

See if your CD-Rom drive is there, if it is, try changing its drive path to something else (ie z: or something), if it isn't there you've got a problem with the computer actually communicating properly with

as for the whole wiping, if you do get it wiped, your Bios will still be protected unfortunately as its a seperate entity that has nothing to do with your hard drive

FullMetal
06-15-2009, 02:19 AM
^^ ill try it and see what happens ty

topmade
06-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Right click My Computer --> Properties --> Hardware (tab) --> Device Manager.

Find The CD drive and delete it. Then right click on the computer name and scan for new hardware and let it find it and reinstall the drivers.

If that doesn't work, go to the acer site and download the driver from there.