PDA

View Full Version : DIY Teeth Whitening

vinc456
06-12-2009, 07:18 AM
I'd like whiter teeth but I don't want to spend a small fortune visiting the dentist, buying Crest whitestrips, etc. I brush, floss, (when I remember) have regular checkups, and try my best to take good care of my chompers.

Anybody have any luck with alternative products? What worked for you?

Kona9
06-12-2009, 07:21 AM
However you do it, it will cost you money.

You can A) try and trust youtube videos on the subject,
or B) PM Wil@strd and he will get you in contact with his wife as this is a product she sells.

Good luck

Mitsu3000gt
06-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Just buy some Crest White Strips Premium, it's only $50 at Wal Mart, and it comes with day/night whitening toothpastes too. It doesn't get any cheaper than that for a noticable difference. I use the strips every 8-12 months or so and they make a HUGE difference for me.

If you drink a lot of black coffee, you aren't helping the situation, but the white strips get that off no problem as well.

superboss
06-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I bought the DIY kit and it fucked my teeth royally. Pealed all the enamel off my teeth. Do it right, go to the dentist.

vinc456
06-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by superboss
I bought the DIY kit and it fucked my teeth royally. Pealed all the enamel off my teeth. Do it right, go to the dentist.

Scary stuff ! :cry: I think I'll give the Crest whitestrips and if I'm really concerned will seek the professional advice of my dentist. This is just a minor cosmetic improvement so I won't take any risks.

Btw who is Wil@strd? Is strd a store?

Hakkola
06-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I wanted to get my teeth whitened, but I said fuck it, I'll just get a tan instead.

- Mitch Hedberg

I use the white strips sometimes, work decent, Dentist is the best way to go but last I checked it was about $300.

colinderksen
06-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I do a big teeth whitening twice a year.

When I do I use Crest White strips for 5 minutes a day (until the box is gone), Crest Scope White Rinse twice a day, and brush with Crest Vivid White toothpaste twice a day all year round. .