PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hueres du Mans

HHURICANE1
06-12-2009, 10:56 PM
It's time for the biggest race of the year. As far as I'm concerned it is even bigger than Monaco. I have the pvr set to record as much as Speed will let me (I can't freaking believe they are cutting in on REAL racing for stupid Crapcar practice!) I'll watch as much as I can live and catch up when time permits. Go Audi!

Jay911
06-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
(I can't freaking believe they are cutting in on REAL racing for stupid Crapcar practice!)

They always do that, they figure that the trailer park contingent cares about practice/qual for one of the 36 cookie-cutter roundy-round races enough to bring in more ad revenue for that than the entire le Mans race.

SPEED is supposedly streaming on the web site when they're not on TV this year. I don't know if that's just Radio le Mans (which you can also stream from several other sources) or if their announcers and video will be available.

And yes, go Audi! (Love the commercial that's running on the broadcast, with the guy shielding his kid's eyes. Can't say more without spoiling the punchline.)

ZMan2k2
06-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Bahhh! I didn't know the 24hr race was today, so I turned on Speed and sure enough, roundy round qualifying. Oh well, time to check out the live stream on SpeedTV.com

HHURICANE1
06-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Hehehe, Peugeots running into each other in the pits. Keep doing dumb stuff like that and they will throw the race away again.

Jay911
06-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Nice chandelier in the Aston garage! .. and just after I saw that, some other pit has a line of mechanics sitting there.. five of them glued to the pit monitors, and one reading a magazine. :D

Mr_ET
06-13-2009, 11:24 AM
it's 24 Heures du Mans!!!!!!;)

kamakurakid
06-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Can catch it here on your computer:

http://www.atdhe.net/index.html

On at 1:00 today.

Also I found this torrent, currently downloading. It is a doc. film on the race.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4799276/Truth_in_24_720p_HDTV

What a great website for the film:

http://www.truthin24.com/#/the_story/

Watched the film last night, it was great and everyone ought to experience it.

Enjoy!

Jay911
06-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Ouch!

Aston Martin driving like he's a 14 year old on a PlayStation. :(

DJ Lazy
06-13-2009, 11:41 AM
God I hate living in North America sometimes... all we get is f***ing NASCAR for the exception of 2 hours every 2nd week for F1... and if its not NASCAR its some bullshit like Pinks....

Gonna try and catch what I can though of this race!

Vagabond142
06-13-2009, 06:50 PM
For those interested, the live lap times:

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/pages/chronos_gb.html

HHURICANE1
06-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Shit, it's looking more and more like Peugeot's going to win at this rate. Without the pre-race practice it looks like Audi missed the setup. McNish and Kristensen are doing what they can but the french cars are just too fast.

Jay911
06-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Yeah, unfortunately. Audi's racing domination heritage is not showing through this time. There's still 7 1/2 hours left, tho.

ottamania
06-14-2009, 03:02 AM
peugeot still in lead.

http://linkvalidator.net/warn.php?p=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5qdXN0aW4udHYvaW1wcnR2

Chris Elyea
06-14-2009, 04:28 AM
21 hours gone! I've got the mother of all ass grooves going here.

I love this track! I wish they hadn't started going to shorter ones in F1.

The brand new Audi R15 TDi is not looking that impressive compared to the 3-year-old Peugeot. Seems like a lot of it is inherent in the design, as they've only managed to get a little faster with adjustments. Of course, you tend to do better if you can keep it on the pavement. What a disappointment.

My impression is that Audi got complacent. Peugeot got tired of getting beat and went to school on them.

However, nothing beats falling off the pit wall and dislocating your shoulder before the race starts. Embarrassing!

rage2
06-14-2009, 05:16 AM
Last year Audi only one because of superior (lucky?) strategy during a rain window near the end of the race. The Peugeots were already the better car.

I'm expecting the current results (but it's not ever yet haha).

E36M3
06-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Looks like Peugot has finally taken it.. man my sleep schedule is going to be fucked now.

Originally posted by rage2
Last year Audi only one because of superior (lucky?) strategy during a rain window near the end of the race. The Peugeots were already the better car.

I'm expecting the current results (but it's not ever yet haha).

Chris Elyea
06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Okay, caught up on sleep now, so just a few comments before I let this go until next year.

I can't believe that they go faster at night. And it is night, absolutely incredible headlights yes, but almost no lights around the track. Since the air is a little cooler and therefore denser at night, they get more downforce. Normally aspirated engines (I think the GT classes are) would develop a little more horsepower in the cooler air, too.

I loved seeing Aston Martin using the Gulf logo and colours on their LMP1 cars. It reminded me so much of Steve McQueen and the movie Le Mans (except they were Gulf Porsches back then) that I went to Aston Martin's Web site and bought a shirt.

Aren't those wheels cool? They're so light you can take them off and put them on with one hand while the other hand holds the air gun. I gotta find a Web site to buy me some of those.

Corvette was so far ahead they had time to pull the car into the garage and wash it before crossing the finish line. Cheeky bastards!