PDA

View Full Version : Where to get loam delivered?

Melinda
06-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Just in the beginning phases of landscaping and we need to level everything out with loam before we lay sod. Between the front yard, back yard and the flower beds we hope to put in, we're going to need a ton of loam, more than our wagon can carry.

Anyone know of a company who would supply and deliver good quality loam within a few days of being contacted at a decent price?

TIA!

5000Audi
06-13-2009, 01:48 AM
I think Wilco sells and delivers loam..

turbotrip
06-13-2009, 02:38 AM
i think blue grass was the company i used last year

JC Civic
06-13-2009, 08:27 AM
We just got ours delivered the other day from Soil Kings. It was a good price and we could have gotten it the next day if we wanted it that soon. The 12 cubic yards covered our yard quite well.

Doozer
06-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Pretty much any landscaping company should be able to do it. If you're in the NW like us, we used Spring Meadows landscaping. They also did our sod for us, so you might be able to get a better deal if you get the sod & loam from the same place.

Benny
06-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Doozer
Pretty much any landscaping company should be able to do it. If you're in the NW like us, we used Spring Meadows landscaping. They also did our sod for us, so you might be able to get a better deal if you get the sod & loam from the same place.

I used to work for those assclowns a couple years ago. I'm glad you liked the service but honestly you're one of the lucky ones. The boss and half the people working there are fucking idiots.

Supa Dexta
06-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Harco perhaps.

hampstor
06-17-2009, 08:56 AM
We demand before/after pics. :bigpimp:

ChappedLips
06-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Planet Earth Works delivers very good loam in a dump truck, you can ask for a full or half load if you don't want too much.

Very good quality and usually delivered quickly.

5000Audi
06-17-2009, 11:13 PM
ohh i seen a house down my street with a big bag like thing full of loam.. ill cheak the name of the company on the side of it..

The bag is like one of them things that holds a dumb truck load but dont dump it on your driveway or anything..

KeepItGully
06-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Blue Grass on Simons Valley Rd, when you follow Bedington NW has CHEAP good quality loam.

00sir2
06-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by JC Civic
We just got ours delivered the other day from Soil Kings. It was a good price and we could have gotten it the next day if we wanted it that soon. The 12 cubic yards covered our yard quite well.
I'll second Soil Kings, ours was delivered the same day.

sml
06-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Just throwing it out there, you might want to consider getting someone to lay sod/loam for you. I did my own in my first house but decided to paid someone to do my second.
It's ~ $1/sq ft installed which includes loam and leveling. If you were to do it yourself, it's ~$0.30/sq ft for just sod, but add in delivery for the sod ($100) then add in the cost of loam ($100) and then add in the cost of delivery for the loam ($100) and you're not saving too much. I think it cost us an extra $300 to get someone in to do a 1000sq ft lawn vs doing it myself. Someone else can break their back for $300!
If you still want to do loam/sod yourself, I recommend getting the loam from Burnco and your sod at Bluegrass nursery.