PDA

View Full Version : Why I should never stop for a lady crossing the road again.

narou
06-14-2009, 07:02 PM
http://img191.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00080z.jpg

I guess this was bound to happen eventually, but it sure is disappointing.:(

sr20s14zenki
06-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Rear ender, he was following too close apparently......insurance....

bignerd
06-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Oh wow, at least it is definitley the other guys fault!! Plus it is a huuuge ticket if you are caught NOT stopping for pedestrian.

narou
06-14-2009, 07:08 PM
It was young girl, and I have no doubt in my mind that it is her fault.. But I just hope that it gets properly fixed because my trunk wont latch down properly anymore and the license plate is all effed, not to mention the bumper. Will a auto body place even be able to repair this effectively and match the paint?

Edit: I was not really serious about the NOT stopping part, Just liked to have that as the thread subject.

blackteg2
06-14-2009, 07:10 PM
You killed her?

narou
06-14-2009, 07:11 PM
huh killed who?? Sorry I have overworked myself and cant comprehend your simple question.

sr20s14zenki
06-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by blackteg2
You killed her? :facepalm:

Nissan_Fanboy
06-14-2009, 07:12 PM
I think maybe your neak is really starting to hurt.

SHHHH
Gimmme half okay

narou
06-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Haha she came on pretty fast. But honestly I don't wanna play that card.. I saw her coming at the last moment but could not react and booooost out of the way :P..

Cody D
06-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by narou
Haha she came on pretty fast. But honestly I don't wanna play that card.. I saw her coming at the last moment but could not react and booooost out of the way :P..

In the end it's better the Cavalier hit your car rather than the pedestrian, it still sucks to have your car hit though.

narou
06-14-2009, 09:25 PM
yup

I don't want to drive it now.. because I feel like people will blame me for having another beat up RHD even thought I was not at fault.

B4tMan
06-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Does it have any other damage besides bumper cover ?

How much do the covers cost ?

narou
06-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't know any costs.. But I do notice my trunk wont close properly so it is more than the bumper cover..

B4tMan
06-14-2009, 09:56 PM
I see

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3415/dsc00082g.jpg

I assume from this picture that you got the Chev's driver insurance information. Good.

narou
06-14-2009, 10:01 PM
haha insert pedobear pic somewhere there and its perfect.

It looks much worse in person.. I am definitely not a skilled cellphone photographer.

GQBalla
06-14-2009, 10:35 PM
damn
B4tMan you got good eyes

narou
06-14-2009, 10:38 PM
yep he does..
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point that out :P

whiskas
06-14-2009, 11:03 PM
If he hit the pedestrian he would be posting a thread in the detailing forum instead of posting pictures of dented up shit.

psycoticclown
06-14-2009, 11:17 PM
^^:rofl:

stellerGT
06-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Thats exactly what happened to me in February, I stopped for a kid to cross the street and I got rearended hard, both our cars were definate write offs.

black13
06-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Amazing how little damage the cavalier took. And doesn't look like too big of a deal for me.

speeed
06-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by blackteg2
You killed her?

wtf? :facepalm:

narou
06-15-2009, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by black13
Amazing how little damage the cavalier took. And doesn't look like too big of a deal for me.

Im not surprised.. Looks to me like her pointy bumper just wedged between the opening for the license plate and kept going.

alloroc
06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by black13

Old Canadian bumper regulations vs Japanese bumper regulations. JDM = schmooshed. Its a no contest - even against a Cav.

Tarrantula
06-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Pics of female driver? :dunno:

rpalm35
06-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Was this chick blond at all??

:poosie:

Critical
06-15-2009, 02:02 PM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3415/dsc00082g.jpg

Come on guys use your eyes. :nut:

Is that a turtle on your bumper?

heavyD
06-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Looks like that won't be the first time that car has seen new paint. Unless Skylines came with major orange peel (really bad around the taillight) from the factory.

ZorroAMG
06-15-2009, 07:04 PM
What's with the turtle?

narou
06-15-2009, 10:51 PM
I already know it has seen paint in the past... The girl was Brunette I believe.. And the turtle well... I have no explanation for that.

Bizzareo
06-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Lol it so is a turtle.

And the chick that hit you looks hooooooooooot! =D

Though it is a reflection in your car...

How old was she?

cjblair
06-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Baha its just a turtle "hangin" out behind the car. I love it.:nut:

narou
06-16-2009, 11:01 PM
I thin she was jail bait.. But it would not be fair to her if I gave any more details.

UPDATE Screamin told me at least 6000.. I hope her insurance doesn't try to write off and pay me out less then what I feel the value should be.

westbeach70
06-16-2009, 11:56 PM
http://ecat.crosscanadaparts.com/php2/cross/base/welcome.php check it out... Website that gives you prices and pictures of all the body work you need etc. Hope this helps for this and many other models out there..

Cheers...
Chris

Drsuce
06-17-2009, 07:25 AM
6k for a bumper? no wonder half the JDM cars here look like shit :P

sucks about the accident, nothing worse than having your baby hit by a carless driver :(

narou
06-17-2009, 08:34 AM
its not just the cover thats damaged.

Tik-Tok
06-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I hope you're going through insurance, and have already called them.

If this little girls parents find out the repair is $6000, they'll go nuts, and probably try to start concocting a story about how "its your fault"

scat19
06-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Bizzareo
Lol it so is a turtle.

And the chick that hit you looks hooooooooooot! =D

Though it is a reflection in your car...

How old was she?

How is she hot? She is wearing white trainers = not hot. :barf:

narou
06-17-2009, 09:33 AM
I have already done the police report and contacted the insurance company.. They are also aware of the cost and should have contacted her company yesterday.. I will just have to wait and see.

methodicreign
06-20-2009, 09:07 AM
6G is not uncommon for a reapir like that, people see a dent and don't think about whats underneith it, the re-bar and absorber if there is one, the bumper cover mounts and cover itself and in this case some pull time to realign the stricker and deck lid, plus the prep and paint time for a job like that will be about 6 hours if the back body pan doesn't get replaced. it all adds up really fast..

FLARE
06-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Yes, an auto body shop should be able to repair it up to par with what you had before... as long as you get a good shop to do it.

Sorry to hear about the accident; but this shit happens 100+ times a day in calgary.

hachiroku
06-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Rear ender, he was following too close apparently......insurance....

He probably couldn't see those non-DOT taillights on the skyline. :drama:

narou
06-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by hachiroku

He probably couldn't see those non-DOT taillights on the skyline. :drama:

It was broad daylight! She was not following to close. I honestly don't know how someone can be approaching a bright red car from quite a distance and not slow down or attempt to stop..

Those tail lights are plenty bright btw! I should no I can see those reflecting off everything in my rear view mirror at night.

tarrantas
06-20-2009, 01:33 PM
I really don't think this had anything to do with DOT or non DOT taillights, obviously the young girl was baseing out or something. Super shitty though bro thats a nice car, hope you can fix it with relative ease. :thumbsup:

narou
08-03-2009, 10:01 PM
State Farm is trying to put me into an economy or compact (suzuki swift-Kia rio) type car..

This doesn't seem right. I looked at googled enterprise and found that a intermediate or standard 2 door is more comparable to what i have..

What are your opinions? Am I right?

TomcoPDR
08-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Discuss it with your adjustor and reason this view. (i.e. maybe they'll be more understanding if you had to say, drive your sick Grandma around to doctor's appointments, help little sister with her girl guide cookie selling and you need the trunk space, etc...)

narou
08-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Its her insurance adjuster and he basically said your car is a Kia Rio and that is what we will give you.. I laughed at him and said I would call back when my car was ready to go in for surgery..

Thanks for the tips though!

TorqueDog
08-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Its her insurance adjuster and he basically said your car is a Kia Rio and that is what we will give you.. I laughed at him and said I would call back when my car was ready to go in for surgery..

Thanks for the tips though! I took my car to Maranello, and while I got excellent work done by them both times, I got stuck with a '99 Honda Accord and an '01 Chevy Cavalier... in purple. :banghead: They were free, but damn.

So don't bitch, at least you're getting something relatively NEW.

zieg
08-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Lucky you aren't on BC insurance, ICBD would try to write your car off :banghead:

Tik-Tok
08-04-2009, 09:18 AM
State Farm is trying to put me into an economy or compact (suzuki swift-Kia rio) type car..

This doesn't seem right. I looked at googled enterprise and found that a intermediate or standard 2 door is more comparable to what i have..

What are your opinions? Am I right?

You are right, but you won't get anything more than that.

The only way you can is if you have "loss of use" insurance through your own insurance company. Then they'll give you something equivalent.

I got an Accent when my mustang was hit. I was pissed because the rental agency HAD mustang GT's exactly like mine that they could have replaced it with, but not a chance.

This is why ANYONE with a work truck should have this type of insurance.

prae
08-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

You are right, but you won't get anything more than that.

The only way you can is if you have "loss of use" insurance through your own insurance company. Then they'll give you something equivalent.

I got an Accent when my mustang was hit. I was pissed because the rental agency HAD mustang GT's exactly like mine that they could have replaced it with, but not a chance.

This is why ANYONE with a work truck should have this type of insurance.

same shit happened to me. luxury SUV in the shop, they tried to give me an econobox as a loaner, and i carry loss of use. Convinced enterprise to get me into a jeep.

narou
08-05-2009, 07:45 PM
My insurance told me from the start that they had to put me back where I was before the collision. By fixing the damage and providing a comparable rental. I guess if it doesn't get worked out between the shop and state farm I will have to do some digging to get anything out of them.

you&me
08-05-2009, 09:35 PM
My insurance told me from the start that they had to put me back where I was before the collision. By fixing the damage and providing a comparable rental. I guess if it doesn't get worked out between the shop and state farm I will have to do some digging to get anything out of them.

Comparable is probably relative to price, not performance. Considering the price range of rental cars, relative to the price range of cars on the road, your Skyline = base rental.

narou
08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
They told me they were comparing size not price. State farm told me this directly..

you&me
08-05-2009, 09:41 PM
They told me they were comparing size not price. State farm told me this directly..

And what size classification is your Skyline considered? Compact? Sub Compact?

narou
08-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Kia Rio? I would compare it more to a cobalt...

narou
10-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Well I just got my car back from Screamin' and its finally repaired. But I ave a problem...

When I accelerate sometimes there is like a rapid thump noise, the car shakes and doesn't seem to accelerate properly. I cant imagine that the problem is, anyone have an idea?

ercchry
10-15-2009, 06:02 PM
bent rear sub frame?

narou
10-15-2009, 06:58 PM
I just went for another little cruise and failed to provoke the same strong response. If the rear sub frame is damaged shouldn't I have noticed this before dropping it off for body repairs. I was driving it daily, at time quite passionately ;).

Maybe my car could have been temperamental in the weather change in temperature and the fact that it has spent most of the time sitting or being molested without being operated?

ercchry
10-15-2009, 07:03 PM
ah yeah if you were driving it for a while before the repair its probably not the sub frame.... are the rear tires still wearing normally?

narou
10-15-2009, 07:11 PM
One rear tire slowly looses air so I topped that up on my way back the second time. I currently have some odd winter tires that where on the car when I imported it. By the time I decided I was gonna replace all 4 tires or find a set of used wheels that will actually fit my car; I got rear ended and thought the hell with it. For a while I was not sure what would happen, I thought my car might get written off.

Now its to late to get some summer tires:banghead:

narou
10-19-2009, 11:35 AM
After driving a few more times I was unable to get the car to respond roughly like before, but this morning I did notice some of the same behavior. It seems that around 3000RPM and above I am getting some kind of sputtering, perhaps only under boost. If I watch the RPMs it just seems as if the engine is accelerating very roughly.

What kind of things may cause this?