PDA

View Full Version : Paying cash for a honda

5000Audi
06-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Well its come time to buy a new car since my baby is due like tommorrow lol...

So ive been thinking of either a brand new fit or Civic. Just looking for cheapo base model since i really dont need any sort of options. So what kinda of deals you think i can get at calgary honda dealerships? ive never bought a brand new car before so what kind of things to look for/ask. Anyone bought cash civic/fit recently and know what kind of deals they would give ya.. Im talking to a guy through pm that works are calgary honda, but has not yet told me a price. hopffuly soon tho..

Question... How much of a deal can i get paying cash on a base civic/fit?

eglove
06-14-2009, 07:56 PM
talk to sorath!

B4tMan
06-14-2009, 08:13 PM
I offered 36 000 all in cash for a 40 000 Accord, I talked to a chinese guy at Honda near Kramer Mazda; You should be able to get 4 000 off, as well.

Good luck.

gpomp
06-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by eglove
talk to sorath! :werd:

B20EF
06-14-2009, 08:23 PM
From what I've learned they don't mark up the new cars very much, the dealerships money comes from service. So i wouldn't expect a huge discount.

ExtraSlow
06-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Just a quick note that you should test-fit the car seat before you purchase. I just had my first kid last week, and I'm shocked at how huge the rear-facing car seat is. We Drive a mazda3, and I have to have the passenger seat as far forward as it'll go to even if the seat in. It's brutal.

for our second car, we'll be definetly getting soemthign larger for this very reason.

BTW, loved the Fit when I drove one about a year ago. I was extremely impressed.

speeed
06-15-2009, 12:18 AM
i believe there's a $1500 cash incentive right now on the civic's

pm sorath, he's over at T&T honda, great guy to deal with.

nj2Type-S
06-15-2009, 12:23 AM
t&t honda = sorath
calgary honda = mikey008

Isaiah
06-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Not sure what the options are worth or which come standard on the base models but you may want to consider a few basic options. If you're keeping the vehicle for a few years, some of the basic stuff is nice to have and if you think of it as amortizing the options over the term of ownership, it can work out to only $10 or $15/month extra for a little luxury that will seem worth it to you when you're driving the vehicle every day.

Aleks
06-15-2009, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Just a quick note that you should test-fit the car seat before you purchase. I just had my first kid last week, and I'm shocked at how huge the rear-facing car seat is. We Drive a mazda3, and I have to have the passenger seat as far forward as it'll go to even if the seat in. It's brutal.

for our second car, we'll be definetly getting soemthign larger for this very reason.

BTW, loved the Fit when I drove one about a year ago. I was extremely impressed.

Rear facing seat + stroller and a bigger vehicle would definatelly be nice especially if you are tall.

5000Audi
06-15-2009, 06:50 AM
the seat size isnt a issue, as i can put it behind the wife, shes short haha.. and ive fit a car seat in a little saturn 4 door.. with the seat hlaf way back