PDA

View Full Version : The Most "Action-y" movie theme you know

Vagabond142
06-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Okay Beyond! Time for another one of these XD

However, this one is different o_O I'm doing a fun project video with some people I've known in WoW for a LONG time, and we want to make a short (2-3 minute) video that could be a trailer, an AMV, anything, but we've all decided that the theme is to be based to an action-ish theme.

So, so far I've come up with these as a baseline to compare against:

Children of Dune - The Jihad (also an EPIC miniseries o_O I love it :D )
yNY0D4z5FJ4
^^^^^^ this would be more for a trailer type of video

Deep Blue Sea - Anarchy
b1FSHUBDkoU
From 1 minute onwards (the first minute is meh, but it just gets better from there). This probably won't get used because it's too sporadic, but it's EXACTLY the type of music we're looking for, feel wise.

So come on Beyond! Help out and make an awesome video have a great soundtrack

BTW... the project team is comprised of a long time WoW video maker, myself (long time compositor/timer, did some work on anime fansubs in my earlier years and did a lot of WoW vid timings in my first WoW guild), and a friend of ours that is awesome at encodings and quality checking, so it's gonna be a great vid. Just need the right music and action to go with it :D

HyperZell
06-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Go Youtube Future World Music, E.S. Posthumous and Corner Stone Cues. Amongst others, they do mainstream trailer music and there is some pretty intense stuff out there.

Vagabond142
06-15-2009, 01:42 PM
I actually have a CD from Immediate Music when I was involved in a production here in Calgary (camera assistant/recordings runner). The sound dude was handing them out cuz his cousin was in the symphony that did em, and it was a film set, so I snagged one :D Going through that for some good pieces (one of the pieces on that CD was used in the Chronicles of Narnia: LW&W trailer at the end (title flash)

Thanks for the suggestions tho! :D

Darkane
06-15-2009, 03:43 PM
YZ6r0cshrSY

/Done

beecue
06-15-2009, 03:47 PM
I don't know if these work but I love these two.

33dnLKneBAQ

shDNaFhPiJY

Vagabond142
06-15-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm kinda wanting more symphonic stuff, but not a bad theme either way :P

Oldskool
06-15-2009, 03:58 PM
l2-jQdjOB9I

old&slow
06-15-2009, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygNuRpwZqRU&feature=related

Vagabond142
06-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Beecue... that 300 violins one is fucking COOL :D will link it to the project dudes to see what they think :D

Old and Slow: we considered the Last of the Mohicans theme, but worried it was a little too repetitive (which it is, but it's an awesome repeating melody)... and there's also the fact that it's a celtic lament from Scotland before it was a movie theme

old&slow
06-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Have a look at this page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mormalv

He does most popular movies. Galdiator and Lord of the Rings as well

Here's a playlist! Outstanding stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrOMOhDV-sY&feature=PlayList&p=380225BBCB37D341&index=0&playnext=1

mwmhong
06-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Delta Force theme (80's Chuck Norris Action movie)

KXELfd3jaWA

Jonel
06-18-2009, 12:05 AM
E.S. Posthumous - Pompeii