PDA

View Full Version : Faculty SUX ASS

Paul
10-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Thought i'd warn some of you who may be thinking of going to the University of Lethbridge. If you are a Finance major two words for ya - - good luck. This semester has killed the department, with 3 prof's M.I.A the department has gone to shit. Half way through the semester my prof for 2 of my courses has a heart attack and gets replaced by 1.) The KGB-yatch, this sputnik speaking bitch who can't teach worth a damn, 2.) the other class get's taken over by a goof who seems to speak in a series of clicks-and-knocks from what ever jungle he swung out of.

We've had 2 midterms in each class, several assignments already handed in, and with only about 6 weeks remaining in the semester we have ZERO of our grades back.

Now this would be all fine and dandy if i was in year one of my program but for fucks sake this is my last year and now no one even know's if they're going to graduate????

Go to UofC if you can (my advice for you) i had way better prof's at MRC as well. Sure this is a party town but it doesn't mean shit if your degree is the biggest piece of ass wipe to the rest of the world.

R-Audi
10-29-2003, 03:20 PM
I have heard many of the same complaints, but what can you do when a teacher has heart problems. IMO they are trying to do what they can to cope with it, although according to many of my friends that are finance students, the replacement teacher is terrible, and they don't even bother coming to class. I wouldn'y neccessarily let this dictate a choice of schools though, I am sure the probelm will be fixed by next semester.

Let me guess, one of them in Derivatives?......

Paul
10-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Derivatives is the sputnik speaking KGB-yatch. No i don't bother going to classes anymore either. No the faculty has no plans on fixing these problems before next semester. I have had numerous meetings with the assistant dean of the Faculty G. Flannigan and he politely told me to "bend over, and lube up".

The school has done nothing to compensate us for the problems and don't plan on it. This is the second semeste i've had prof's leave in the middle of the semester. I honestly don't even want to put my degree on my resume in fear that my potential employer will have heard of the problems at this school and hold it against me when deciding to hire.

R-Audi
10-29-2003, 04:03 PM
I got a couple friends in Derivatives, and None of them go either. I guess just hope the "KGB Yatch" doesn't teach yo anything for next semester.

Unrelated... Did you sign up for the pub crawl?

Paul
10-29-2003, 05:49 PM
i was going to pm you about the pubcrawl, my buddy went and to sign up and said that the list was full, i didn't even know there was a list i thought you just had to buy tix? $15? it was a definite consideration since our plans for the zoo on thursday got destroyed.

roopi
11-04-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Paul
I honestly don't even want to put my degree on my resume in fear that my potential employer will have heard of the problems at this school and hold it against me when deciding to hire.

Well quit spreading the shit all over the internet and you won't have to worry about it!

The U of L has been climbing in the rankings every year and it is starting to become more recognized.

Instead of bitching about what is happening why don't you just try to make the best of it since you are paying $2000-$3000 per semester to be there.

Also I think the reason alot of people choose to goto UofL instead of UofC is because it is alot easier to get into. I think if you spell your name right on the application you are pretty much guaranteed a spot at UofL. That's how I got in! :D

And one last thing you are right the school sucks and the town is boring after 1 year! Anyways good luck and I hope you graduate.

WhiteNikes
11-04-2003, 12:00 PM

Now this would be all fine and dandy if i was in year one of my program but for fucks sake this is my last year and now no one even know's if they're going to graduate????

No grades?!:eek:
Dyam G, that is pretty crushing, when you think about it. No grades? Could have an A could have a F. That part in particular is pretty weak.

Good luck with that.

2.2vtec
11-04-2003, 12:13 PM
Does anyone know how the rest of the prof's are?? I'm thinking about going down there for my final year.

Paul
11-04-2003, 12:17 PM
I honestly had way better prof's at Mount Royal. Now here's the interesting part; for my degree (Finance) MRC now offer's a degree program, something they just started. I'm too late in my post secondary education to think about transfering back, so I will stick it out. And yes we did finally get some of our grades back and thus far I am sitting at a B+, a great relief to myself.

Hopefully things will be sorted out soon for the Finance Department, but I haven't heard anything yet. Should be interesting, and i still can't wait to move home.

2.2vtec
11-04-2003, 01:11 PM
I've tooken courses at Mount Royal and the U of C and I personal think that the Mount Royal ones are better then U of C and the U of L, that's just my opioion.

R-Audi
11-04-2003, 02:27 PM
Its been a tough year in the Finance department, as the one teacher had heart problems, and supposedly the other that left I heard had some sort of cancer. I am sure it will eventually be fixed, but a problem for the current students.
If you are looking inot it for mext year, I assume that the problem will be fixed---I hope!

mwmhong
11-04-2003, 05:17 PM
1.) The KGB-yatch, this sputnik speaking bitch who can't teach worth a damn, 2.) the other class get's taken over by a goof who seems to speak in a series of clicks-and-knocks from what ever jungle he swung out of.

LMFAO!!!! :rofl:

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Paul
11-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Actually the other prof that left the department didn't have cancer, his new born is having heart difficulties and instead of driving up to Edmonton (thats where the baby is) he took a semester of leave to move up there to be with it.