PDA

View Full Version : LF: Bud Lime

goat_killer
06-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Camping this weekend and i'm looking to stock up. I tried 5 different liqour stores this past weekend and all of them were sold out.

If anyone knows of any liqour stores that are currently in stock please let me know! Thanks

Thehonger8
06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Just bought a 24 pack from Co-op liquor store by cougar ridge. It was price though. 60 dollars for a 24 pack:banghead:

Graham_A_M
06-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Deer Valley Liquor store has them. Dont know the prices though.:dunno:

JordanEG6
06-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Subscribed.
Looking for some as well. So hard to find.

sk8r3124
06-16-2009, 09:30 AM
I am going the extra effort this weekend,
Decided to go camping down in Montana.
There is no shortage in the states.

likwid
06-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by sk8r3124

Grab some Miller Chill down there instead. Way better than Bud Light Lime. Actually tastes like beer with lime, not water with lime.

JordanEG6
06-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by likwid

Grab some Miller Chill down there instead. Way better than Bud Light Lime. Actually tastes like beer with lime, not water with lime.

That is actually the reason why I want Bud Lime, its the closest thing we have to Miller Chill in Canada. I can drink Miller Chill all day! And the bottle is cool too. haha.

badatusrnames
06-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Meh just buy some Corona and dump lime juice in it... tastes more or less the same IMHO.

eglove
06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
impossible to find up in the north. i just want to try one bottle goddamnit.

eglove
06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
edit: sorry. double post

petoria
06-16-2009, 12:03 PM
AJ liquor i think its called? on 68th street in the NE. Beside the esso gas station. They had about 8 flats yesterday.

Tomaz
06-16-2009, 03:20 PM
I tried ordering it at Earls the other night. Somone else took the last bottle! That bastard!

Anyway, I got a Bud Light and 4 slices of lime. Worked for me! I heard that most of Alberta is sold right out of it!

holden
06-16-2009, 03:50 PM
i was camping in Golden, BC a week and a half ago... lady at the liquor store said it was sold out from Goldon to Kelowna...

vengie
06-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't understand the craze... bud light lime is garbage :facepalm:

GQBalla
06-16-2009, 04:51 PM
i have yet to try it !!

riander5
06-16-2009, 04:56 PM
It definitely sucks... corona with lime is so much better

chkolny541
06-16-2009, 05:06 PM
it was at shawnessy superstore liquor store in the south about a week ago. Ive tried a few bottles of it, absolutly gross, its just water+lime juice, wayyy overpriced

nonlinear
06-16-2009, 07:22 PM
not sure why there is so much hype about this... it's crazy! I was at the co-op liqour store on macleod near heritage tonight, and as you walk in they have a marker board that says "no bud light lime." hahah! they must've been getting a million people asking for it.

Donmega
06-16-2009, 08:01 PM
i just wanna see what all the craze is about

kaput
06-16-2009, 08:22 PM

cdnsir
06-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Saw them in the fridge inside St James Corner pub in DT last night. For those that just want to try one, might as well go there instead of buying a full case. :dunno:

1219 1st Street SW

JordanEG6
06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
not sure why there is so much hype about this... it's crazy! I was at the co-op liqour store on macleod near heritage tonight, and as you walk in they have a marker board that says "no bud light lime." hahah! they must've been getting a million people asking for it.

There were signs in like 5 different stores I've passed by haha.

adamc
06-17-2009, 12:50 PM
There is a liquor store in the plaza at 17th ave and 37st sw (where the tim horton's is) that had an entire pallet, last time I was in there.

Maybe I should go and buy it all up, then resell the shit here? :)

JordanEG6
06-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by adamc
There is a liquor store in the plaza at 17th ave and 37st sw (where the tim horton's is) that had an entire pallet, last time I was in there.

you're going scalp and upsell beer on Beyond? haha thats a new one.

Maybe I'll stop by after work today. How long ago was this?

stevieo
06-17-2009, 01:57 PM
oh man i had it for the first time last week in vegas, i find it better tasting than corona w/ lime. i drink it like water haha. but i love limenade haha mmm

Beerking
06-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Why you girls like this sissy beer? :poosie:

Is it just b/c it is new and 'different'?

If you want a change, try the different varieties of beer you can find a liquor stores in the 500ml cans. Great beers can be had from all over the world, instead of this puke ass American crap.:facepalm:

missniks
06-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I had it at Captain Jacks (I think that's what it's called?), it's a pub on 17th ave SW a few weeks ago. yummm.

2002civic
06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
^^ classic jacks?:dunno:

JordanAndrew
06-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by adamc

hehe I was thinking of the same thing but I'm pretty sure that's illegal. ;)

shox
06-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Beerking
Why you girls like this sissy beer? :poosie:

Is it just b/c it is new and 'different'?

If you want a change, try the different varieties of beer you can find a liquor stores in the 500ml cans. Great beers can be had from all over the world, instead of this puke ass American crap.:facepalm:

FYI, it's brewed and imported from England. It's actually better tasting than the one's the US gets which is brewed domestically.

narou
06-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

hehe I was thinking of the same thing but I'm pretty sure that's illegal. ;)

correct, blame the government by undershooting the demand for this stuff.. I filled in in a liquor store and it was a pain trying to deal with all the complaints for not having any in stock.

ReflexFX
06-19-2009, 01:01 AM
joeys and earls both have em

shox
06-19-2009, 01:10 AM
They re-released a large batch on Tuesday, some places will get their hands on it, most won't still. They're now limiting 1 pallet max per distributor.

skandalouz_08
06-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Big Rock came out with their own version of a lime beer. I tried it last night and its disgusting...wouldn't recommend it.

dino_martini
06-19-2009, 12:14 PM
So has anyone been able to find any BL in the SW? I would like to give it a try tonight. If not I guess I will just revert back to Corona or something.

8Ball
06-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by sk8r3124

3% crap

snoop101
06-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Only beer that should come with a lemon/lime is a Hefeweizen.
The only reason you put lime in corona or other stuff is because its gargage piss water that needs a flavor of some kind.

ryder_23
06-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
So has anyone been able to find any BL in the SW? I would like to give it a try tonight. If not I guess I will just revert back to Corona or something.

Stores should have it shortly, BLL became available on Connect Tuesday night, so places should get them fri/sat/mon...keep your eyes open...they also have cans now.

BokCh0y
06-19-2009, 11:57 PM
subscribed. i'm thirsty.

GQBalla
06-20-2009, 12:46 AM
walked by st james corner pub on my way home today and saw a lot of people on the patio enjoyin them.\

i still have to try it, maybe just walk across the st ahaha

dino_martini
06-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Went to the liquor store next to the bottle depot on 26ave and 37st sw yesterday night. Picked up a 12 pack of BLL in CANS. Didn't know they even came in cans. Interesting beer, but I'd like to try the bottles first because I think cans give beer a slightly funky taste.

Bnasty
06-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by skandalouz_08
Big Rock came out with their own version of a lime beer. I tried it last night and its disgusting...wouldn't recommend it.

Where did you get it at?

bmw4life
06-20-2009, 03:13 PM
i had the back of my bmw filled with the bottles yesterday

wing go through my hair bud litght lime, bmw WIN!!

BokCh0y
06-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
Went to the liquor store next to the bottle depot on 26ave and 37st sw yesterday night. Picked up a 12 pack of BLL in CANS. Didn't know they even came in cans. Interesting beer, but I'd like to try the bottles first because I think cans give beer a slightly funky taste.

Originally posted by Bnasty

Where did you get it at?

:werd:

I don't care if it's in a can, supposed to post where you got it from!!!

89s1
06-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by bmw4life

Everything about this post. :facepalm:

Go away.

BokCh0y
06-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by bmw4life

Instead of yapping about the bottles in the trunk of my bmw and the wind going through my hair...:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I found some at the Willow Park Liquor joint in the hood.

Williow Park Liquor Store
3111 - 17th Ave SE

Across the street from the A&W.

Cans only and pretty pricey - $25 for a case of 12 cans.

They have lots there.

dino_martini
06-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Took a peek in the liqour depot in West Hills near the Safeway/Rona/Petland. They say they will have more in stock on Thursday :thumbsup:

Looks like I will drink Mikes Hard tomorrow.

GQBalla
06-21-2009, 04:48 PM
finally tried it yesterday at St james corner pub.

and its alright....

goes down really easy.

davidI
06-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Haha, it's not bad for a couple on the patio but it's such a chick drink. If you're a guy and you're searching it out I really think you need to try some more quality beers that don't come from the major brands out there.

Bnasty
06-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I find Big Rock's more of a real light bear with just subtle lime. Check it out

Freeskier
06-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Bnasty
I find Big Rock's more of a real light bear with just subtle lime. Check it out
:werd: i just bought a 12 pack of the big rock lime. It's not too bad at all. plus its local

roopi
06-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Saw it at Cranston Liquor store this weekend (in cans). $16 for a 6 pack and $30 for 12. Definately not worth the money. Tastes like lime soda. :thumbsdow

xxxazntigerxx
06-26-2009, 12:21 AM
they are over rated taste like pop

eb0i
06-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Finally got my hands on one of them last weekend. :thumbsdow

I guess it caters to those who don't like the taste of beer. I prefer a corona with a lime in it over this lime koolaid any day.

Frostiex
06-26-2009, 10:07 AM
bought 3 packs from K liqour DT.

cityhunter2501
06-26-2009, 10:17 AM
if you are going out of town...buy BLL from small towns...they aren't that popular outside of Calgary.

Was in Spirit River yesterday, my co-workers bought 5 cases of BLL and loaded then on our plane back to Calgary :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
06-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I bought a 12 pack and my first impression was that although it was good, it tasted like 90% lime 10% beer. It tasted pretty much exactly like a cooler, and goes down pretty easy. I was wondering how much sugar was in them, though. Also, at $30 for a 12 pack, I'd much rather be drinking a decent Belgian beer haha. I didn't mind it, but I won't be buying anymore of it. I don't understand all the hype personally.

skandalouz_08
06-26-2009, 10:49 AM
I found some at the Coop in Forest Lawn, bought a couple boxes. Yes its expensive but I love it for a relaxing patio beer.

I've also tried the Big Rock Lime and thoguht it was disgusting. Not worth buying that imo

R-Audi
06-26-2009, 10:51 AM
I much prefer Big Rocks.. where the above post says BL is 90 Lime/10 beer, I think the BR is more of the 60 beer/40 lime. Its more of a subtle aftertaste...
I know I'll be sticking with the Big Rock one!!

cityhunter2501
06-26-2009, 10:56 AM
to me it tasted like 50% Mountain Dew and 50% beer.

not really my beer...considering I dislike Corona as well.

sputnik
06-26-2009, 11:41 AM
:barf:

Bud Light Lime is so overrated

mr2mike
06-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by vengie
I don't understand the craze... bud light lime is garbage :facepalm:

You could have been drinking this shit in the States for years. It's nothing special. Ooo lime juice already inserted into beer. How original. It's more the million dollar marketing scheme that makes it so trendy.

Tastes like a beer for the pussy's that can't drink regular beer.... another form of Strongbow.... go on now ladies drink it up and by ladies, I mean you fags that think this is the best beer out there. Then go twitter on how Perez Hilton didn't deserve that punch to the face. :cry:

Davetronz
06-26-2009, 01:02 PM
I got a case of Big Rock Lime at the Coop Liquor store next to the South Costco. $23 and change for a 12 pack of bottles.
It's decent. I'm a big Big Rock supporter. I'd rather give them my money.

I can't say that I'd pick it over a Trad, Honey Brown or Grasshopper unless I was sitting on a patio or doing something semi-active outside...

Criticull
06-26-2009, 01:45 PM
People have been going balls deep into limes for years, what makes BLL so special? :dunno:

Mitsu3000gt
06-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Criticull
People have been going balls deep into limes for years, what makes BLL so special? :dunno:

First of all I think the marketing campaign has created a lot of hype, and secondly, it almost doesn't taste like beer at all, so people who don't normally drink beer probably like it.

U4RIA
06-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Lots at the liquor store on 17th ave and 60th st SE.

cdnsir
06-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Finally had a few last night. It literally tasted like corona with lime served over a glass of ice. It's not bad if you like watery beer, but these are definitely not for me. I had like 2 before I had to go back to Kokanees...

S13_Ryan
06-28-2009, 12:17 PM
yep. what the hells all the hype. i squeezed lime juice into a kokanee and a coors light after trying one of these and preffered them better.

badatusrnames
06-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Tastes like a beer for the pussy's that can't drink regular beer.... another form of Strongbow.... go on now ladies drink it up and by ladies, I mean you fags that think this is the best beer out there. Then go twitter on how Perez Hilton didn't deserve that punch to the face. :cry:

Why so angry?

eb0i
06-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Getting wasted on light beer is a guaranteed bad hangover :barf:

OCDP
06-30-2009, 03:17 PM
My take, it's good to have 1 or 2 tops. There's no way I could drink a 12. I could BARELY finish 6, I had to push myself.

Bud Light Lime: tastes like lime pop.. there's barely any beer taste to it. Waste of your money, a real beer drinker won't even want to finish a 6'er.. I had to switch back to a pilsener.

Big Rock Lime: tastes like beer at least, with lime twist. this is how it should taste, but again, i couldn't get past 6, the lime flavour honestly gets to be too much.

If you want a really sweet, poppy flavoured "beer" go for Bud Light Lime. If you want a beer that actually tastes like beer with a lime wedge in it, go for Big Rock. Either way, this stuff is too hard to drink in larger quantaties, IMO.

Corona + Lime owns out both, but that's just me.

Enhance
06-30-2009, 03:28 PM
I'd definitely recommend Big rock lime over BLL. Limeade and beer should never be mixed :(

Graham_A_M
06-30-2009, 10:15 PM
^ Good to know. I was about to try the Big Rock version of this. Thanks:thumbsup:

JordanEG6
06-30-2009, 10:37 PM

You could have been drinking this shit in the States for years. It's nothing special. Ooo lime juice already inserted into beer. How original. It's more the million dollar marketing scheme that makes it so trendy.

:rofl: :rofl:

http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg

Someone needs to relax. To each his own, who cares. Some people like it, some people don't. :dunno:

Aidan Clay
06-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Deer Valley is the best for this stuff

r3ccOs
07-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey don't knock Strongbow... its not a beer, its a cider and its a traditional drink

As it comes to it, honestly the bud light lime tastes like lime crush mixed with beer... Its like Smirnoff Ice by Bud

However if you want a good light beer with a citrus taste, I prefer Hoegaarden anyday... or even its domestic copy, the Rickard's white

GQBalla
07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Hoegaarden is a good beer definitely, but yes i agree bud light lime taste like lime pop -

403Gemini
07-01-2009, 08:46 PM

You had me agreeing with you right up until your comment on Strongbow ;) Strongbow isn't a beer, it's a cider. You'd be beaten and shot by my english friends for knocking strongbow and guiness lol.

I tried bud light lime today for the first time and I can't fathom why people go out of their way to find this beer.... :dunno: The big rock one is even worse imho.

ZEDGE
07-02-2009, 12:11 AM

What a stupid post..

A little frustrated are you? Guys like you are hilarious, you're probably a closet homo sexual putting on the big manly front to convince yourself otherwise.

Anyway. BL Lime is ok, and Strongbow is cider not beer you frigging cave man.