PDA

View Full Version : Shop to get Out of Province done at?

HiTempguy1
06-16-2009, 11:28 AM
I recently picked up a car from Saskatchewan that obviously needs an Out of Province inspection so I can insure it. The last time I tried to get a regular inspection done on a car at the Canadian Tire here in Red Deer, they came back saying the car needed $2500 worth of work and they'd be happy to do it. Yea, that wasn't self-serving or anything :rolleyes:

Is there a reputable shop who can do the inspection for me in Calgary? I don't mind fixing something that actually NEEDS TO BE FIXED, but I'll be doing the fixing myself. I just would like to pay the $120 (or whatever) to get the car inspected with a YAY or a NAY on the piece of paper. Thanks guys ;)

sk8r3124
06-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Rams Transmission on 17th
ask for Victor

G-ZUS
06-16-2009, 12:16 PM
proStar automotive on 5th ave

meowmeow
06-16-2009, 02:39 PM
SouthPro on Horton Road, I had a great expeirence there.

Jason Lange
06-16-2009, 04:48 PM
If you're in Red Deer take it to Vex Performance. They can do your OOP inspection. Good honest guys with alot of knowledge!

Talk to Ryan

HiTempguy1
06-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Jason Lange
If you're in Red Deer take it to Vex Performance. They can do your OOP inspection. Good honest guys with alot of knowledge!

Talk to Ryan

Jason, I am friends with Johnny at Vex and just learned today that they could do this. Thanks for all the suggestions guys, if things don't pan out at Vex (I'm sure they will) I'll be giving your suggestions a call!

SRT10Killer
06-16-2009, 08:36 PM
If you live in calgary, the best shop I dealt with is shelby automotives on 24th street and anderson

they are not picky, but if it's a safety issue they will make you fix it

I believe they are the cheapest in calgary too