View Full Version : things to do in Seattle

vtec96
06-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Going for a business trip to Seattle...
Never been there before...
anything special there?:nut:

stevieo
06-16-2009, 06:27 PM
theres an outlet store outside seattle if you like shopping.

lint
06-16-2009, 06:37 PM
seattle premium outlets in tulalip
pike's fish market
the original starbucks
experience music project
space needle
glass museum in tacoma

depends on what you want to do

redline
06-16-2009, 08:12 PM
bowing factory is cool to see

Redlyne_mr2
06-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Keep the ideas coming heading down there in August. Anyone been to the aquarium there?

danno
06-16-2009, 08:53 PM
baseball games are always fun to watch. ken griffey jr is back there, you can watch his famous swing

Majestic12
06-16-2009, 09:12 PM
The Aquarium is alright, nothing TOO special. Vancouver's is probably just as good, if not better.

Space needle..go if you want, but don't go up. Highly overrated.

Pike Place is a cool place. Seattle's answer to Granville Island. Excellent mussels (and cheap!) at Maximilien there. Awesome view too.

Bruce and Brandon Lee are buried in Seattle if you want to stop by and see them too. Kinda weird, but neat to see.

adidas
06-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Search up my thread from a year ago...i asked the same question and got alot of great responses!

You can get this attraction booklet...it lets you get into 5 places, i cant rmr the price for the life of me, but it sure saved alot of money! It included admission to the; zoo, science centre, airplane museum, aquarium, argosy ship cruise or experience music project!

I just found the site for you...it is 54 bux for the pass! but well worth it! The cruise was my fav part and it alone was worth the 54 bux! Simply amazing!

http://www.citypass.com/city/seattle.html

hmmm...dicks fast food restaurant wasnt bad at all! The cheesecake factory is a must like always when going down to the US.

The mall in downtown seattle is awesome...thats about all i rmr from the top of my head atm!

Have fun!

4doorj
06-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Majestic12

Bruce and Brandon Lee are buried in Seattle if you want to stop by and see them too. Kinda weird, but neat to see.
word!
:werd:

frozenrice
06-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by redline
bowing factory is cool to see

Do you mean the Boeing airplane factory? It's quite impressive. There's also a historical underground downtown tour that you can take too. The city as it sits now is apprently built over top some of Seattle's original buildings. Probably not everyone's cup-of-tea though. It's something I wished I could have done, but missed out on.

98type_r
06-16-2009, 11:53 PM
fyi, in case you didn't already know. AB residents are exempt from sales tax in WA state, but you have to ask and not all retailers will do it.