PDA

View Full Version : Cant Get Car Deck To Work

elite
06-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey so I was installing a deck in a 01 intrepid and it just wouldnt turn on when i got the wires connected. So i checked the fuse and it was blown and i replaced it tested the deck and it starts up. I turn off the car and start to put everything back together and now the deck doesnt power up anymore i checked the wires, the fuses on the deck and car and everything seems fine but it just doesnt want to power on anymore. Any suggestions?

sjaswal
06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
bad wiring job

take it to a shop, hopefully you didn't kill it.

silvercivicsir
06-19-2009, 10:02 PM
what did you use for a ground? the braided wire behind the deck?

01RedDX
06-19-2009, 10:24 PM

elite
06-20-2009, 10:53 PM
no i didnt fry it i got it to work one of the wires had become disconnected and i didnt see it

Kloubek
06-20-2009, 11:04 PM
So... instead of seeing if the wires were all connected, you instead decided to go, turn on your computer, and ask Beyond members (who had no intimate knowledge of your botched install job) to tell you exactly what happened?

See - it's bullshit like this that is clogging up the forums. People are simply relying on the internet to try to answer any question they might have rather than using common sense.

Thanks for wasting our time.

elite
06-20-2009, 11:34 PM
as i stated i did not see it. i had checked everything over a few times before i decided to post but i somehow missed it. it was just an mistake on my end my bad