PDA

View Full Version : BMW Ultimately the Worst Driving Experience

Pages : [1] 2

bkwan
06-17-2009, 12:12 AM
All, I am writing to all of you about my worst experience in owing a BMW. We have purchased a 2008 335XI and have nothing but problems with it. I have been denied for warranty on my run flat tires and my exploding sunroof. If you google exploding sunroofs and run flat tires you will see these are common problems with BMW vehicles. Here is a letter that I have sent to the President of BMW Group in Canada:

----- Original Message -----
Date: Monday, June 15, 2009 1:21 am
Subject: Issues with 2008 BMW 335xi WBAVD53508A285574
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]

> Dear Mr Jung,
>
> I am writing this letter to express my disappointment in the
> level of warranty service I have experienced on my 2008
> 335xi. And have no other choice but to contact you
> President of BMW Canada as I have not had any resolution with
> this issue.
>
> At 3600km, my cousin noticed bruising on all four wheels of my
> brand new vehicle. I did not think it was a big deal until
> my husband noticed them at 13,000km and this is when he booked
> an appointment to have them looked at. On February 11,
> 2009, I had the vehicle brought to Calgary BMW. To my
> surprise, I was accused by the service person I had gone over a
> big speed bump at a fast speed. I did experience going
> over a big pot hole, which may have affected just the front
> driver’s side, but certainly not all four tires. I’ve
> never seen tires wear out the way the run flats did on my
> vehicle and was very disappointed to be told that this was not a
> defect and that I would have to pay $3,262.89 to have them
> replaced for my own safety. I brought the vehicle to
> Kal-Tire and they said that BMW uses the cheapest run flats on
> the market and that if I bought a higher end run flat I would
> not have this problem. For a vehicle that is more than
> $60,000, I would have liked to have known upfront that the stock
> tires coming from the BMW factory is poorly built and hazardous
> so that I could make an informed decision. What is another
> couple of thousand for safer tires if the vehicle already cost
> $60,000? I would have preferred to pay a couple of
> thousand dollars more on the vehicle for my safety.
>
> At 13,000 km, the computer also had a “sunroof strap warning”
> and so I had this looked at as well at the same time. The
> service person at Calgary BMW told me there was nothing wrong
> with the roof and that they had re-set the computer. On
> May 11, 2009, which would be the very first warm enough day for
> the sunroof to be opened, the sunroof shattered the next day
> while parked. I had the vehicle towed to BMW Gallery where
> it took 10 days for someone to get back to me. This time,
> I was told the result of the sunroof shattering on its own was
> due to a rock chip that over time with the opening and closing
> of the doors caused some sort of pressure the sunroof could not
> handle, which caused it to break on its own. My husband
> called to say he’s never heard of such thing and that we would
> know and hear something if a rock had hit the sunroof. Our
> theory is the computer was correct and that the sunroof straps
> did need adjusting. With one side of the strap lagging
> slightly from the other side, the pressure from that tugging,
> dragging, and pulling is what caused the sunroof to snap
> upward. Of course, we were told by the dealership that the
> sunroof strap warning had nothing to do with the sunroof
> shattering. Are you telling me it is coincidental that
> there was a sunroof strap warning and then the very first time
> we open the sunroof the next day it shatters? I would like
> BMW to put in writing that the sunroof shatter was a result of a
> rock chip. How can you be so sure that it was a rock chip
> and how can I not feel that the computer warning was real and
> that it shouldn’t have been overlooked?
>
> My husband tried to convince me to buy a barely used vehicle
> from the United States for way less money. I convinced him
> to buy a brand new vehicle from a Canadian dealership to support
> the economy and to feel assured that the car would be fully
> covered under warranty and that we would be looked after.
> Thus far, there has been nothing been disappointment after
> disappointment. Which by the way, I also had to stop by
> Calgary BMW one day when my vehicle was at about 14,000km
> because the computer had a warning of “low coolant
> levels”. At delivery, I was told by our fabulous
> salesperson, Giovanni Ferise, that I may need to top the oil,
> but I was told by my neighbor that it was weird to have low
> coolant levels. A girl at Calgary BMW topped the fluid for
> me.
>
> I’ve never had these problems with any of my vehicles, which I
> have owned Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, all of which have or have had
> sunroofs in them. I’ve never had to replace tires at
> 14,000km, when really, if I knew that my safety was at risk, I
> should have had them replaced at 3,000km. I’ve never felt
> so unsafe in a vehicle. I never knew that by purchasing a
> brand new vehicle that I would have to worry about tire safety,
> low fluid levels, glass possibly shattering on me, and over all,
> I’m really worried about the safety of the 2008 335xi.
>
> I understand there has been a successful class action against
> BMW vehicles in California regarding run flat tires. I am
> tempted to bring these issues I experienced to a higher level as
> I have not been successful in getting anywhere with either BMW
> Gallery or BMW Canada. Not only because I feel I have been
> wrongly done by but also for the general public’s safety.
>
> On top of my bad experience with the vehicle itself, I am also
> extremely disappointed in the service I have received from
> BMW. For a company that is deemed to be luxurious, getting
> a pre-recorded greeting when I call BMW Gallery is not
> acceptable. And, it is certainly not acceptable for me to
> leave a message on this pre-recorded phone system at BMW Gallery
> to not even receive a call back until 10 days later.
>
> As mentioned before, we purchased a new vehicle from a Canadian
> dealership for safety, reliability, and good customer
> service. Unfortunately, I have never felt more unsafe,
> happy that I still have G-35 as replacement vehicle as this
> 335xi has spent more time off the road than it has on, and have
> never felt so much stress with the level of customer service I
> have received.
>
> I also told Mr.Ferise and my husband how excited I am to be
> purchasing an X5 this year as my winter vehicle, but at this
> point, I don’t even want think about it as the problems and
> level of service I have received from BMW is unacceptable and
> has caused me unnecessary stress. I am a truly
> disappointed customer and I hope you will take this letter more
> seriously than you have with my issues as BMW is certainly a fun
> and great vehicle to drive, but the headaches I’ve experienced
> is outweighing its greatness and fun. In my business and
> any business I deal with, customer service should be a company’s
> number one priority. As mentioned, we would like BMW to
> put in writing that the sunroof shattering was as a result of a
> rock chip and why this conclusion was made and why it is not
> possible that the overlook of not adjusting the straps is
> related to the glass shattering.
>
> To date our 335XI has been at the dealership for over 4 weeks
> now with no work completed on the vehicle. We have not had
> a courtesy car and have been out of a vehicle for this length of
> time.
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Phone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> cc: Customer Service
> BMW Canada
> 920 Champlain Court
> Whitby, Ontario L1N 6K9
> Fax: 905-428-5410
>
> cc: Chris Forsythe
> BMW Gallery
> 650 Crowfoot Crescent NW
> Calgary, AB T3G 4S3
> Fax: 403-275-6431
>
> cc: Dilawri Group
> [email protected]
>

To date I have not received a call back about this letter.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice about this, please let me know.

If it is true that BMW claims a rock chip can cause a sunroof to explode then I would demand this to be a recall to all BMWs immediately.

Thanks for you comments in advance,

Bkwan

Jeremiah
06-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

403ep3
06-17-2009, 12:25 AM
*DOUCHETTE*

Barking_Spidre
06-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
you joined beyond to bitch about bmw?

DOUCHEEEEEEE

Or maybe she joined to get advice/suggestions, just like she said?

DOUCHEEEEEEE

Jlude
06-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Interested to hear what comes from this.

JordanAndrew
06-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
you joined beyond to bitch about bmw?

DOUCHEEEEEEE

I think he/she is trying to get as much attention as possible so that this problem would get resolved. You're the douche to post such a "helpful" remark.

I would be pretty upset if I spent $60K for a luxury car that has brought nothing but problems. Obviously this might be the odd lemon of the batch, but even then BMW should probably take her more seriously especially considering that it's pretty much brand new.

Repeat customers is what makes a successful business. It's not about the one time deals, it's about the customers who comes back to you because of the extra effort.

Have you tried approaching the media about this? A media investigation usually gets things rolling pretty fast.

Shlade
06-17-2009, 12:40 AM
i want to know how this goes down... why would you pull the douche? only reason bmw drivers get that name is because of their faggot driving on the road. Shes expressing a problem about whats going on to her BMW and hoping to get some real responses as to what could be done.

Grow the fuck up and if you dont got anything positive to say in threads go bitch somewhere else.

As for warranty, its all garbage, when it comes down to something going wrong with the car its rare warranty will cover it, itll end up coming out of your pocket.

bkwan
06-17-2009, 12:41 AM
I started to contact CBC news.

I will keep all of you posted.

Thanks,

Bkwan

rockanrepublic
06-17-2009, 12:49 AM
throw some bricks though the dealership windows and say must have been the pressure of your opening and closing doors at the front.

98type_r
06-17-2009, 12:58 AM
I too am interested in knowing how this is resolved for you. It comes as no surprise the level of service you're receiving from Gallery.

97'Scort
06-17-2009, 01:24 AM
There is precedent for BMW in Europe to replace these sunroofs if there is not evidence of impact, however it seems that these were scrutinized a little more carefully than yours. There are some examples over at E90post.com. If you still have the glass (doubtful) it would be to your benefit to talk to a glass shop and have them look at it. Break patterns in tempered glass are not too hard to figure out for a professional.

As for the run flats, you'll have a hard time with that one. Too many things can cause them to go, high end or not. Yes, they shouldn't have been in that shape, but it's simply a he said she said game as far as what happened to them. BMW is within reason to suggest that they were put into a speed bump or pothole. Also, you put on 10,000 km between purchasing the car and when you were told that the tires were in a state of wear. I would also assume it's reasonable to think that you can't account for every bump that was hit, hence what they're telling you.

BMW also does not specifically warranty their run flat tires. It would be up to the dealer to replace them. If the tires are Bridgestone, there was a recall issed on some models by the manufacturer, but I believe it was for an older model than your vehicle would be equipped with.

Some tire manufacturers do not guarantee a mileage. For example, Falken warranties many of their radials to 60,000 km or more, while they do not provide more than a "defect in workmanship" warranty for my FK-452's.

E-mail is not the best way to get a hold of anybody for this type of matter either. If you want to talk to somebody, you will need a REAL letter or call BMW Canada (I called them just the other day with a question about the options that were on my car. Took 5 seconds to get somebody to talk to). Their number is 1-800-567-2691. You wrote a long e-mail, however you do not know whether it was received.

signature7
06-17-2009, 01:55 AM
G'luck with everything. I've heard so many bad things with BMW gallery and BMW Calgary. I have dealt directly with BMW gallery and had a not so great experience with them but I had a POS bmw.

I'm kind of worried about the reception that my family will get, i'm sure it'll be all dandy through the sales process. What about after the fact though? My brother and mom are looking to get an X5 each, and my gf is looking for a sedan most likely a 335i. They don't really think about dealing with them after, such as service because they're too naive. But it definitely worries me.

Destinova403
06-17-2009, 02:16 AM
if i were you i would probably call them or send a followup letter basically saying "i regret to inform you that because of your inability to take this issue seriously i find it necessary to make my experience public in the efforts of public safety" or something like that... basically call them and get a response and tell them you will go to the media.

its been a few days, at the very least they should be able to tell you whether or not they received it, or tell you who to talk to.

funkedelic2
06-17-2009, 03:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience with your car. I have the same car and haven't had a single issue so I've been lucky so far but I know dealerships can be a pain in the ass and you need to argue with them sometimes or they will jerk you around. Hopefully you get iit resolved, keep us posted and good luck!

B4tMan
06-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Decent brand, spartan interior, unsatisfactory customer service ... a shadow of what we get in Europe from BMW

bg_27
06-17-2009, 09:22 AM
sorry, what car warranty covers tire wear? even the additional tire warranty doesn't. And no offence, about the tire wear (after 13k), its like finishing your dinner at a restaurant and complaining that the food was gross and you want your money back.

And the sunroof issue you can probably fight that, if they have it on record that you had that error prior to it exploding.

Pahnda
06-17-2009, 09:45 AM
I thought it was strange there would be that warning for the sunroof. I wonder if the weather stripping and sunroof strap problems would be the similar on the 5 series I tested (it was a 2007) in which the noise from the CLOSED sunroof was embarassingly loud for a car that cost nearly 90k (after options)...

When I was shopping for a car, one of the reasons for me choosing the A4 over the used 5 or a new 3 was the way I was handled at BMW. Took forever for people to ask if I wanted a hand, the guy that was dealing with me was treating me as if I didn't know anything at all, he was blatently lying when I ask questions I know the answers to, he was trying to cater to me as if I was a douche, etc... Hope you can get this all sorted out!

benyl
06-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Tires: You are on your own. Kal Tire is talking shit. They aren't cheap tires. You get a bubble in the side wall from hitting bumps. It happens to all tires. Expensive, cheap, run flat or non run flat. Be more cautious with where you are driving. Man hole covers can cause tire bubbles.

Sun roof: I would fight that.

Service: BMW Gallery sucks. They were good about 6 months ago and I thought they got their act together. They answered the phone, were polite and did what they said they were going to do. 2 months ago, they were rude, didn't answer the phone or return calls. When I brought my car in, I felt like I was doing the service person a favor by bringing my car in. I almost left because I was treated so badly.

you&me
06-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by bkwan

> cc: Chris Forsythe
> BMW Gallery
> 650 Crowfoot Crescent NW
> Calgary, AB T3G 4S3
> Fax: 403-275-6431

You might have more luck talking to Jeff Forsythe...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. bg_27 is right about the tires though, that could be a tough claim. The sunroof however, is a no-brainer. Harass the service manager until they rectify it. You admitted to waiting 10 days for a call back... I would've been calling every 10 MINUTES!

benyl
06-17-2009, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't have waited 10 days. I would have been there when my car was towed over.

Isaiah
06-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by benyl
You get a bubble in the side wall from hitting bumps. It happens to all tires. Expensive, cheap, run flat or non run flat. Be more cautious with where you are driving. Man hole covers can cause tire bubbles.
I disagree. She said she had bruising on all four tires at 3600 km. I would call that defective tires. I've never in my life experienced bruising on any tires on any of 8 vehicles I've owned except for one time when another vehicle hit me into a curb.

It would have to be a ridiculously large speed bump hit at an absurdly high rate of speed to cause that damage. And even still, on all four tires is extremely doubtful. In terms of the service you're receiving, I agree that contacting Jeff Forsythe should be your next step.

Ultimately, although members of an auto enthusiast forum may have better knowledge of car-related issues, your letter still makes a very compelling case. I think you have a very good chance of a strong settlement with the proper legal representation. I'm sure many people would be hesitant to purchase a BMW after hearing your account.

AMFH403
06-17-2009, 10:16 AM
BMW service is bullshit same with their warrenty. My speedometer gauge cracked with no sign of impact on its own and it isnt covered. My warning lights flash like almost everyday and i've recently gotten the engine malfunction one. It went off after i restarted the car but i'm still worried. They take 9 hours to replace a fog light at Calgary BMW with a bit of joy riding... i have a 2008 335xi as well.

B4tMan
06-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Pahnda
he was trying to cater to me as if I was a douche,

Sugarphreak
06-17-2009, 10:35 AM

Akagi Redsuns
06-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I would have written an actual letter delivered versus an email, but the results would be the same I imagine.

Could you imagine how many emails/letters from unhappy owners he gets? Way to easy to respond with a cookie-cutter "Sorry about your issues and it's out of our scope. Please work with your local dealer who understand your car and situation the best...blah blah blah" message back that was sent by his assistants.

You really need the dealer by your side and wanting to help you with the situation which is unfortunately not occurring. Buying a car is almost like a lottery hoping that you don't get stuck with a lemon. I have seen the same car come from the same factory have night and day difference in reliability which is frustrating, but not as bad a dealer that tries to stick repairs everything on your dime but it is their job, to maximize the bottom line for BMW. The part that dealerships that don't take into account because it's hard to quanitfy is the bad feedback and referrals that happen do cost future sales. But with the number of BMWs I see on the road, doesn't look like sales is a problem for them.

Good luck with getting issues with the car sorted and back on the road soon.

benyl
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah

I disagree. She said she had bruising on all four tires at 3600 km. I would call that defective tires. I've never in my life experienced bruising on any tires on any of 8 vehicles I've owned except for one time when another vehicle hit me into a curb.

I disagree with you! haha

I have the a similar car (non Xi) and have the same tires. I hit a seam line (where they strip the asphalt down (for repaving) and then there is an abrupt bump) at about 80 km/h. It was completely my fault for not paying attention.

I hit that seam hard enough that the front suspension bottomed out. I swore I bent both front rims.

Stop, everything looked fine. Got home 5 minutes later, noticed a bubble in both front tires. Replaced them both because I know I was a dumbass.

Kloubek
06-17-2009, 10:54 AM
The people that are calling the OP names are assholes. I think these two issues are very, very valid and need to be addressed by BMW.

Does everyone remember the problem that Firestone had with their tires - where the tread was ripping right off the tire? Well, my Mother experienced that with her new Explorer before there was an official recall issued. The dealership told her that it must have been the way she used the tires, and would not help her. I watched as that tire failed, and it was almost as if the tread simply let "go" of the rest of the tire. It was quite concerning. By the time the recall was issued, she had already replaced all four tires since a second one also started separating and she didn't trust the remaining two. They were not willing to compensate her for her costs, even after the recall.

Now, that's Ford. I would expect little more from them. However, in this case we're talking about BMW. If a customer is paying a premium price for a premium car, it is generally EXPECTED that on the (hopefully) rare instance of a design flaw that they rectify it properly. Otherwise, why get a premium vehicle in the first place?

Dealerships and manufacturers simply don't want to help. It's $ off their bottom line. Especially now in economic times, where very few are actually making reasonable money. What a shame...

As for the tire issue - that is a tough call. Tires most certainly CAN develop blisters if they experience impacts. I got one once in my Audi, and although I knew where it must have happened, I figured I probably cleared the curb since I did not feel any impact. Guess not - since I noticed a sizable blister in the sidewall a couple of days later. It doesn't take much - even on so-called "premium" tires...

bighead2267
06-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
i want to know how this goes down... why would you pull the douche? only reason bmw drivers get that name is because of their faggot driving on the road. Shes expressing a problem about whats going on to her BMW and hoping to get some real responses as to what could be done.

<Grow the fuck up and if you dont got anything positive to say in threads go bitch somewhere else.>

As for warranty, its all garbage, when it comes down to something going wrong with the car its rare warranty will cover it, itll end up coming out of your pocket.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
agree with your post 100%
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ICEBERG
06-17-2009, 11:46 AM
My 335i has been going strong for the past 1 1/2. No problems what so ever. I been very lucky with the service department at BMW Gallery, they been very good to me so far. I also have run flats with 17000K on them which have no issues. Good luck with your persuit ...

heavyD
06-17-2009, 12:04 PM
My expectations are pretty low when it comes to dealerships but it's pretty sad to hear that high end dealerships treat customers worse than low end ones.

The tires issue is dicey as the dealer can probably get away with not paying. The sunroof shattering IMO is ridiculous. I've owned many, many cars with sunroof and have never had nor heard of this happening to anybody.

Honestly though the best thing you could do is not purchase the X5 (why would you get another BMW after this?) and purchase a similar vehicle from Lexus, Audi or Mercedes. The only way to truly stick it to them is to spend your future money with their competition. I've been fucked over by Honda and Mazda dealerships but only once because they don't get a second chance to screw me.

bighead2267
06-17-2009, 12:07 PM
not sure if it's only happen in Calgary or not. i heard all the "HIGH-END" dealership is such a pain to deal with.
i think Lexus still the only exception in town, they services still :thumbsup:

it's been keep stopping me to own any of the MB, BMW, Infiniti as the servicing issue plus i can't afford it. lol

On the side note, my Acura sunroof have been shatter 2 times due to rock chip(from the previous owner). he have to pay our from his pocket.

feel sorry for the OP and hope everything solve out for him/her

zieg
06-17-2009, 12:15 PM
wow, tl;dr the whole letter, but it was very ranty and i bet you the guy won't even make it as far through as I did (about 1/2 way).

rc2002
06-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure if BMW owners are more picky about service (maybe it's just demographics and the types of owners that it caters to), but it seems to be the brand with the most horror stories like this.

I've never bought a BMW for this very reason. Every time I see or hear about one of these experiences it turns me off that much more. Even more than seeing all these teenage and early 20's douchebags rolling around in their US imported 3-series.

tentacles
06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
If a customer is paying a premium price for a premium car, it is generally EXPECTED that on the (hopefully) rare instance of a design flaw that they rectify it properly. Otherwise, why get a premium vehicle in the first place?

You're clearly not BMW's target market. :rofl:

cloud7
06-17-2009, 01:07 PM
The easiest sales you could make are sales to return customers... I am surprised that the dealers are behaving the way they are... unless they know you won't be returning for whatever reason (defective product).

n1zm0
06-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Regarding the tires wear out, that UA9 Acura TLs had a bump stop recall/SB that caused excessive 'premature' wear on some cars, i mean insane camber wear in the 10k kms range iirc. So not uncommon to have issues like that for tires, its usually the car's footwork items not the tire manufacturers.

GL tho

rc2002
06-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
The easiest sales you could make are sales to return customers... I am surprised that the dealers are behaving the way they are... unless they know you won't be returning for whatever reason (defective product).

I'm not surprised that they're behaving the way they are. There's so much demand for BMWs in Calgary that customer service doesn't matter. Even if you don't give them your business, there is a line up of people behind you waiting to give them their business.

For the OP, sending an email to the president of BMW isn't going to do anything for you. I wouldn't hold your breath awaiting a reply. Instead, I'd go into the dealership and talk to the service manager calmly and try to resolve it logically and rationally. The more polite you are, the more likely they are to side with you. If you're under 30, maybe consider bringing someone older in with you like a parent or a family friend who knows cars well.

I remember a couple of threads where people mentioned they took their BMWs in for service in Edmonton because they got better customer service there.

max_boost
06-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Ridiculous!

I hope this works out for you, bkwan. If the same thing happened to me, warranty or not I would be pissed! Also, nothing upsets me more when a shop can't even do something as simple as returning a fucking phone call.

How come with all these shitty service stories, it never involves LEXUS?

LEXUS FTW!

I was considering a BMW again but not anymore! If my next service experience at Benz isn't any better, that's it for me too!

Hakkola
06-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Audi, Mercedes and BMW are all riddled with reliability problems these days. .

New Mercedes is fine, where are you getting that info? The problems MB had were mostly with the old ML and E-class, the past few years they have been pretty good, last year Mercedes was top 5 I believe for reliability.

I like MB cars better, but for the year that I've had this BMW I've been pretty impressed with the service, but that might just be the the nice building they have that impresses me, and personal experience. I haven't needed them to do any big jobs on the vehicle.

I was just looking at some other reliability/dependability ratings and BMW was pretty high as well, higher than MB in some cases, both were above average, only Audi and VW were below for the German makes.

luxor
06-17-2009, 02:45 PM
BMW reliability? LOL

Do people seriously buy these cars and think it will be as reliable as a Civic and pay the same repair cost as a Civic? This is not something new, true BMW owners have been aware of this for years. In every generation of the 3-series ( as well as other series) there have been and always will be annoying little problems like electrical gremlins, malfunctioning windows, short suspension part lives, etc. Please don't jump the band wagon an buy a new BMW if you are not prepared to pay to play and especially don't jump the band wagon to bash BMW when 3/4 of you can't even afford the repair costs, never mind a new BMW.

This is why Civics, Camrys, Corollas etc are better sellers than the new 3-Series, don't fool yourselves here, this is nothing new. The new E90s aren't even experiencing major problems like some of the previous generations.

msommers
06-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I'm not surprised that they're behaving the way they are. There's so much demand for BMWs in Calgary that customer service doesn't matter. Even if you don't give them your business, there is a line up of people behind you waiting to give them their business.

Agree, 100%.

CLiVE
06-17-2009, 03:06 PM
If this is a common problem on 335xi's/BMW Runflats, I suggest you contact transport canada and urge others to do the same.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/safevehicles/defectinvestigations/index.htm

Fill out the online form.

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/PCDB-BDPP/fc-cp.aspx?lang=eng

They will investigate and if necessary force the manufacturer deal with it.

you&me
06-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by luxor
BMW reliability? LOL

Do people seriously buy these cars and think it will be as reliable as a Civic and pay the same repair cost as a Civic? This is not something new, true BMW owners have been aware of this for years. In every generation of the 3-series ( as well as other series) there have been and always will be annoying little problems like electrical gremlins, malfunctioning windows, short suspension part lives, etc. Please don't jump the band wagon an buy a new BMW if you are not prepared to pay to play and especially don't jump the band wagon to bash BMW when 3/4 of you can't even afford the repair costs, never mind a new BMW.

This is why Civics, Camrys, Corollas etc are better sellers than the new 3-Series, don't fool yourselves here, this is nothing new. The new E90s aren't even experiencing major problems like some of the previous generations.

Pfft. Posts like this are what give (us) other BMW drivers a bad name. In your case, it seems fitting.

"True BMW owners"? What, there's fake ones? Those not worthy?

"Pay to play"? What pay to play? I haven't had to spend a dime - covered maintenance ftw.

Civics, Camrys and Corollas are better sellers because they are significantly less expensive and accessible to more people, not because people don't want to "pay to play" and the BMWs are unreliable. There aren't many Lambos sold... guess it's 'cause everyone doesn't want to pay the service bills and is afraid of the reliability... no other reason like purchase price.

Not to take away from the OPs position, which is terrible and I hope it gets resolved, but I have not had a single issue with the service dept at either BMW dealer. Different experiences for different people. Maybe I'm just lucky!

Kardon
06-17-2009, 03:35 PM
That is insane, I would not even think of buying a X5 after that sort of experience. There is NO excuse for the fact that you are paying around $700 a month for that car? And when you count up the time its spent in the shop you had payed around $700 for your bmw to sit in a lot.

bg_27
06-17-2009, 03:42 PM
My X5 recently had to get towed to the dealership because it broke down and I had to have the engine wiring harness replaced (TSB), its a 2008. It was there for a week. Now I have some oil sensor malfunction error, am I losing sleep.. no. Is it annoying, yes.

Once you get over the fact that BMW's are not as reliable as japanese cars, its fine. And it has nothing to do with the price of the car, is a ferrari more reliable than a BMW, hell no, its probably worse, top gear makes fun of ferrari reliability all the time.

I would say the more you pay for a car, the chance is it will be less reliable. Due to variety of reasons.

Trini
06-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

Grow the fuck up and if you dont got anything positive to say in threads go bitch somewhere else.

agreed 100%

I do hope the problems the OP is experiencing are resolved.

snoop101
06-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I have had BMW's and Audi's my whole life. I grew up on them. I have never had any major issues and not even minor ones.

If you take care of your car and treat it good general there very good.

All vehicle's will have issues, your mixing mechanical and electrical together its never good.

Some people say ya I spent a grand fixing my BMW and the other guy says ya and I spent $400 fixing mine. The thing is though the BMW guy will do that maybe in a 5 year span and the honda guy will do it in a one year span.

The problem that the OP had was the people at the dealership. I find with Alberta in general it doesent matter where you go you get crap service. Exception to some of the smaller shops. People in bigger companies just dont give a rats ass here.

luxor
06-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by you&amp;me

Pfft. Posts like this are what give (us) other BMW drivers a bad name. In your case, it seems fitting.

&quot;True BMW owners&quot;? What, there's fake ones? Those not worthy?

&quot;Pay to play&quot;? What pay to play? I haven't had to spend a dime - covered maintenance ftw.

Civics, Camrys and Corollas are better sellers because they are significantly less expensive and accessible to more people, not because people don't want to &quot;pay to play&quot; and the BMWs are unreliable. There aren't many Lambos sold... guess it's 'cause everyone doesn't want to pay the service bills and is afraid of the reliability... no other reason like purchase price.

Not to take away from the OPs position, which is terrible and I hope it gets resolved, but I have not had a single issue with the service dept at either BMW dealer. Different experiences for different people. Maybe I'm just lucky!

:facepalm:

First off, know what an antonym is. I said "true" and not "real."
True: Being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something: the true meaning of his statement.
Real: Being an actual thing; having objective existence; not imaginary: The events you will see in the film are real and not just made up.

Second, you obviously have no idea what is meant by "pay to play." I suggest you look that up.

Third, Civics and Corollas do cost less than a BMW 3-series, yes. But that's their selling point. Their intentions were to build a cheap, reliable, and fuel efficient car to appeal more buyers. Cheaper is more appealing believe it or not. When you design a car that is under 25K new, you do not want to make the repair parts cost a fortune nor a gas guzzler, or else that would defeat the purpose of a cheaper car, and what do you think would happen to sales. An old lambo or porsche, for example, doesn't cost much to buy, even less than a 335i, but the reapir cost on those cars will cost you an arm and a leg. Again back to pay to play, which you have absolutely no clue what it's genuine meaning is.

Why do people like you always have to speak up and embarrass yourselves? You can leave now.

Redlyne_mr2
06-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
How come with all these shitty service stories, it never involves LEXUS?

LEXUS FTW!

Because we deal with issues instead of hide from them, we also don't use those horrible run flat tires lol.

snoop101
06-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Google lexus bad service and you get a lot of hits and do the same with BMW. It doesent matter what company it is some one will complain about a dealership. For every 100 happy customers there will be 1 mad one. I dont think its right and they should smarten up, but saying one company is better then the other based on some idiot service guy or sale person who probably doesent give a rats ass is not accurate.

you&me
06-17-2009, 05:00 PM
OP, have you called or been into Gallery again yet? Don't let off and stay on top of them. Perhaps an email to Tony Dilawri would help...

max_boost
06-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by snoop101
Google lexus bad service and you get a lot of hits and do the same with BMW. It doesent matter what company it is some one will complain about a dealership. For every 100 happy customers there will be 1 mad one. I dont think its right and they should smarten up, but saying one company is better then the other based on some idiot service guy or sale person who probably doesent give a rats ass is not accurate.

I'm concerned about the local service and Lexus > all.

you&me
06-17-2009, 05:02 PM
First off, know what an antonym is.

Why do people like you always have to speak up and embarrass yourselves? You can leave now.

Oh the irony.

Look up 'antonym'.

Redlyne_mr2
06-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by snoop101
You will always get unhappy customers, some people complain when they get a rock chip in the windshield then proceed to say that they never ever got chips and cracking in the windshield in their old car. There is nothing you can do to avoid customer complaints however it's how you deal with them that matters. Lexus employees are paid based on customer service satisfaction, this is something that isn't done at BMW. At the end of the day their man made vehicles and things will fail but if you have to fight to have those failures rectified then IMO it's time to move on.

snoop101
06-17-2009, 05:11 PM
I bought from the BMW in the NW and they treated me very well. Depends on both parties I guess.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

You will always get unhappy customers, some people complain when they get a rock chip in the windshield then proceed to say that they never ever got chips and cracking in the windshield in their old car. There is nothing you can do to avoid customer complaints however it's how you deal with them that matters. Lexus employees are paid based on customer service satisfaction, this is something that isn't done at BMW.

Lex350
06-17-2009, 05:52 PM
This is why I went with Lexus over BMW, service.I have 3 friends that have bmw's. They love their vehicles but gate the dealers.

20incheyes
06-17-2009, 05:58 PM
OP buy the cayenne instead of an X5, I get very good service at Porsche here in town. Always get free goodies, wholesale parts prices, last minute appts when I really need them....

I've actually met the mechanics that work on my car and they answer any questions I have :thumbsup:

CSMRX7
06-17-2009, 06:05 PM
I hear all these bad stories, but I have and my friends have had great service at Calgary BMW.

Redlyne_mr2
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes
OP buy the cayenne instead of an X5, I get very good service at Porsche here in town. Always get free goodies, wholesale parts prices, last minute appts when I really need them....

I've actually met the mechanics that work on my car and they answer any questions I have :thumbsup:
Porsche is awesome, the service advisors there really take their customer service seriously and know everything there is to know about them.

CSMRX7
06-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes

No doubt the service at porsche is better, but a Cayenne over an X5? You will really be spending a lot of time in the great service center with the cayenne

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I hope the OPs issues are resolved. My family purchased our First BMW in 2000. We dealt with a slightly elderly gentleman who was a great help and provided excellent customer service. It was at the original BMW dealer in Calgary. One day we went on to take the car for service and ended up chatting to the salesman about some of the higher end cars. They had a Ferrari in the showroom that had been taken as a trade, and they actually wheeled it outside and let my dad and I take it for a ride. Customer service was excellent.

Our next BMW purchase came in 2006. We went to the NW dealer, and recieved decent service as well, although there were only young guys. We wanted to deal with an older more expeirienced salesperson again, but we couldnt find one. Service was alright, but nothing exceptional compared to the service at the south dealer. We ended up going to the south and dealing with some more expeirienced salespeople again. (We would have dealt with the same gentleman no questions asked, but unfortunately he had had a stroke a few months prior and was in the hospital)

Our next expeirence came in January of 2008. We once again started at the south dealer. My dad wanted to replace his E46 for a 135i, and started to seriously talk about placing an order and speccing a car out asap. We dealt with another older gentleman at the south dealer. Unfortunately we were not able to spec some of the european and essential options we wanted, and other options required the purchase of extra packages etc that drove the price up, so we ended up walking away. Drove up to the North dealer, and immediately dealt with the most senior and expeirinced salesperson. We asked to take a look underground, and he led us right in and let us raom free. Ended up finding a unused 2007 M Roadster ina corner covered in dust and forgotten about. They couldnt even track the car down in inventory, so ended up speccing it online to give us a price. List price on the road was $81900. Dealing with the older gentleman and a few managers we ended up picking it up a week later on the road for $59500.

In the next few months my mom will be returning her E90 and purchasing a 135i. We plan on dealing with the same senior salespeople as before.

Last year my dad took his M in for a service, and actually caught the techs taking the car for a 20km joyride. He was angry (understandably) He let the seniors know, and the promised it wouldnt happen again. My dad recorded the odometer for the next service and once again, low and behold another 30km were put on.

The cars go to Edmonton for service now. Its true, for servicing, it seems to be better there. However I can understand how sales service etc is so crappy down here in Calgary. BMWs are in high demand, and younger sales people seem to think they are doing you a massive favor by selling you a car. This attitude needs to stop.

/rant

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Just to clarify im not trying to defend BMW. Service is going downhill with them. With the economy like this companies need to focus on EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE to drive sales. A happy customer tells one person of the good experiences. A angry customer tells 10 people of their bad experiences. I work for Home Depot, and we have rolled out some new plans for the economic times. We are focusing on customer service etc. Even with the recession our sales have actually increased quite substantially. For the first time in 15 quarters we outcomped Lowes in customer satisfaction. Customer Service is everything in the business world.

/rant

BokCh0y
06-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
This is why I went with Lexus over BMW, service.I have 3 friends that have bmw's. They love their vehicles but gate the dealers.

Agreed. Love the service at Lexus, they treat me awesome there. Every issue i've ever had has been resolved ASAP with 100% satisfaction. They stand by their product and very knowledgable as well.

Once i get rid of my E46 i'll be picking up another Lex.

Sam
TJ
Zahara
Chris

All :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP, Goodluck with your issue. Please keep us up-to-date with what happens.

roopi
06-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Twin_Cam_Turbo - I drive near Calgary BMW every morning and usually 2-3 times a week as I pull into Starbucks I see a mechanic/tech takiing a car out for a rip. It doesn't look to me as if they are just testing the car out either. They are always driving excessively and you can see they are always heading to Deerfoot southbound.

What every happened with Rage2's situation when they took his car out? I never did catch the end of that thread.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Twin_Cam_Turbo - I drive near Calgary BMW every morning and usually 2-3 times a week as I pull into Starbucks I see a mechanic/tech takiing a car out for a rip. It doesn't look to me as if they are just testing the car out either. They are always driving excessively and you can see they are always heading to Deerfoot southbound.

What every happened with Rage2's situation when they took his car out? I never did catch the end of that thread.

Exactly what I was saying. It was fairly easy to tell the car had been taken for a rip, seeing as 1/8th of a tank of gas was gone in 30km. Not to mention the smell of brakes and tires comming off of the car when it was returned. Im surprised my dad handled the situation as calmly as he did. If it was my M, I would have been livid.

bkwan
06-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies...especially the helpful ones!

Run flat tires are a really terrible product...I have learned. However, it's interesting that when I did go to Kal-Tire, they were offering a higher model run flat from the same manufacturer, Bridgestone, with a 35,000km road hazard warranty. So, for almost half the price BMW was quoting, the road hazard warranty would cover ANY problems with the tire at Kal-Tire.

I've read a lot of blogs, but have never contributed to one until now. It is important that everyone expresses and shares their experiences as knowledge is key. I have great appreciation for those who contribute comments/ideas about products and services as it helps us all make better informed decisions.

Thanks again...I will keep everyone posted! Still haven't heard anything regarding the letter we sent...we have tried reasonably talking to the service manager, general manager, and BMW Canada PATIENTLY for the past month. Our lawyer has suggested writing this letter as the next step so that everything is clearly stated in writing.

I posted this letter cuz as I was writing the letter, I just got so frustrated with how this dealership can wash their hands clean of eveyrthing. Especially the sunroof...I'm reasonable...explain to me why the sunroof explosion is not related to the computer warning and not answer, "cuz it's just not related" and "we stand by our decision".

rc2002
06-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by CSMRX7

No doubt the service at porsche is better, but a Cayenne over an X5? You will really be spending a lot of time in the great service center with the cayenne

Actually you have it backwards. Porsche has been topping the quality list for quite some time now. Reliability is one of the best in industry.

97'Scort
06-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks again...I will keep everyone posted! Still haven't heard anything regarding the letter we sent...we have tried reasonably talking to the service manager, general manager, and BMW Canada PATIENTLY for the past month. Our lawyer has suggested writing this letter as the next step so that everything is clearly stated in writing.

I would hesitate to say this is what your lawyer meant by writing a letter. E-mail is not a reliable way of notifying somebody of anything, as there are too many ways for it not to be received.

Print it out and send out a first class or priority letter, and it is WAy more likely to get read.

VWEvo
06-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies...especially the helpful ones!

Run flat tires are a really terrible product...I have learned. However, it's interesting that when I did go to Kal-Tire, they were offering a higher model run flat from the same manufacturer, Bridgestone, with a 35,000km road hazard warranty. So, for almost half the price BMW was quoting, the road hazard warranty would cover ANY problems with the tire at Kal-Tire.

I've read a lot of blogs, but have never contributed to one until now. It is important that everyone expresses and shares their experiences as knowledge is key. I have great appreciation for those who contribute comments/ideas about products and services as it helps us all make better informed decisions.

I posted this letter cuz as I was writing the letter, I just got so frustrated with how this dealership can wash their hands clean of eveyrthing. Especially the sunroof...I'm reasonable...explain to me why the sunroof explosion is not related to the computer warning and not answer, &quot;cuz it's just not related&quot; and &quot;we stand by our decision&quot;.

I think you did the right thing. Bringing public attention to this matter does a few different things. Firstly, it may pressure the parties involved to take the matter more seriously. Secondly, if any other people out there are experiencing the same issues, it allows for a larger problem to be brought forward. If others are experiencing the same problems, the media is far likely to come on board as oppose to only one person have concerns.

I'm on my 2nd BMW, absolutely love the car, hate the dealerships. That being said, I have never dealt with the service department with my latest BMW. Everything is done through my sales associate Kevin Harack. He books all my appointments, and deals with any of my concerns, so I have to say, no probs whatsoever. Good luck to the op, and please keep us updated.

Volinder

dimi
06-18-2009, 02:48 PM
BMW service is absolute shit in this city, whichever dealership you pick. Mom's 335xi has had 2 CELs and the tire pressure monitor would pop up like every 2 weeks. I was never explained what the CELs were for. As for the tire pressure when I go check the level they were around 30 psi...How that makes the tire pressure monitor act up I don't know. I'm still at 10000kms.

It also has the infamous rear brake squeal that so many 3s have. She also bought the 3 year brake warranty. We go to the dealer, and right away the main mechanic tells me this is a very common problem on 3 series models. NO SHIT! The next day they tell me they are charging me 1 hour labor for "brake cleaning".

When I went there I told them I want all of my rotors and pads replaced under warranty and that charge removed or I would post on beyond (just kidding :D). They removed the charge right away and told me the noise was gone everything was fine, blah blah blah.

Now 1 month later the noise is back again and I know this will be such a headache to deal with. Fuck that G35 looks much better now.

benyl
06-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Yup, last week the brake squeal showed up on my car. The only real solution I have found is to replace the pads. I didn't get the warranty (too cheap) haha, so I am order new pads from Tischer.

vtec96
06-18-2009, 03:30 PM
my car was in the service on WED (08 335XI coupe)...and my car came back with 20KM + more.....
I hate those service guys...:banghead:

max_boost
06-18-2009, 03:36 PM
^

Did you ask them where they took the car? Anything >5kms and I would have a cow.

vtec96
06-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Yup, last week the brake squeal showed up on my car. The only real solution I have found is to replace the pads. I didn't get the warranty (too cheap) haha, so I am order new pads from Tischer.

my brake is making funny sounds when thye heated up (after 10min~)

At first, they called me and told me they couldn't find any solution so might need to keep my car overnight..

After 1 hour, they called me again and said they cleaned up some brake dust and told me it's normal.....

We will see in a couple days....:devil:

vtec96
06-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^

Did you ask them where they took the car? Anything &gt;5kms and I would have a cow.

they told me that they had to do couple test drive to check out the brakes.....:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

I always baby my car so much and they always take it out for a joy ride....:guns:

G
06-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Same issue I has last summer. Calgary BMW wouldn't do shit and wanted to charge me for brake clean job. Fucking POS car would squeel like a pig at every light going from 0 to about 5 kmph and get worse as it gets hotter outside. Spend 60k on a car and it fucking sounds like a 20 year old civic. I bitched at the service manager like you wouldn't believe and he finally waived the charge. Apparently it is normal and I was suppose "live with it". Fuck me if I ever spend another dime on a BMW product. Fucking run flats are the worst pieces of shit ever introduced. Smallest bump would give it a bulge. I now drive like a granny because I am worried about hitting a seam in the road. Already replaced both rears and one front because of bulges. Lucky I have tire warranty, which only covers tires that don't hold air and not bulges, I was told by a service advisor to drive around and see if you can find a nail in your tire then come back...hahaha. It has gotten to a point where I don't give a shit about the 335 anymore. Won't even spend a $1 to wash it. Waiting till lease is over and get a new Lexus IS350 or an used ISF next June.

benyl
06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Maybe I will blast some brake cleaner on the rear disks. I have no patience to bring it to BMW...

The 335 will likely be my last BMW as well.

vtec96
06-18-2009, 03:57 PM
I still love my 335 so much...
but the service is just not acceptable..
I am going M.Benz soon....:facepalm:

T78Supra1
06-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I just purchased an E92 M3. I paid the extra 900 for the wear and tear warranty.
Just came back from the track last week and BMW Calgary is replacing my brakes for me at no cost, I only have 7000kms on the car. My wipers and Clutch are also covered.

Not to many dealerships will do that.
So I Guess to each his own

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Only the true BMW enthusiasts put up with this shit. BMW sales are falling throught the roof.

G
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
It will go away for a day or two but it will come back. They sanded down a lot of the rear pads last summer and it was okay all winter but it is back now.

Too much money for an average car. Can get the STI, an equally impressive car in terms of performace and 20k less. Also, way too many on the road. There are more BMWs in the Coachhill area than there are Hondas.

Maybe I will blast some brake cleaner on the rear disks. I have no patience to bring it to BMW...

The 335 will likely be my last BMW as well.

benyl
06-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by T78Supra1

Not to many dealerships will do that.
So I Guess to each his own

That has nothing to do with the dealership. You paid for it in advance.

I can change my brakes myself for $125 front or rear. Wipers are $50. That is a lot of brake jobs I can do for $800 they were going to charge me for that package.

benyl
06-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by vtec96

I am going M.Benz soon....:facepalm:

I am going there in October / November... Can't wait.

Pahnda
06-18-2009, 04:24 PM
^^
Go Audiiii, even though yours is on order! haha

But it would be great to see how this story turns out or if it just goes nowhere...

Impreza
06-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Isn't MB pretty shitty in terms of service as well? I am sure it is way better than BMW though, but that doesn't mean much.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I would re-title this thread BMW: Ultimately the worst ownership experience.

max_boost
06-18-2009, 06:28 PM
MB only put 3kms on my car when I took it in for service. That was about the only positive thing I can say haha

The fat lady Dionne is a bitch. At the time they had some new guy working who knew NOTHING about the cars. WTF? How can you be a service advisor if you don't know jack shit? It was his first week on the job.

Anyway, when you call LoneStar or Hyatt, you'll get two different prices for parts and service. If you book your car in for service, they won't be able to give you a price until they actually work on the car. It has something to do with plugging their advanced diagnostic tool into the car's computer and then determining what service is necessary.

My buddy who has an 06 SLK55 just recently had the car serviced, all fluids changed and he said it costh im $2000.

LOL

Oh shit, this thread is about BMW, my bad.

;)

heavyD
06-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Wow that is some expensive junk you ballers are rolling lol.:burnout:

97'Scort
06-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Owning a BMW has been the ultimate excuse to buy a wide range of new tools :) If I need something done, I see how much it will cost, and whether I can buy the tools to do the job myself for the same price or less.

In most cases, I can.

luxor
06-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Owning a BMW has been the ultimate excuse to buy a wide range of new tools :) If I need something done, I see how much it will cost, and whether I can buy the tools to do the job myself for the same price or less.

In most cases, I can.

:werd:

Don't call yourselves car enthusiasts when all you do is bitch about every little problem your car has. You're not a real car enthusiasts when just buy a nice car and drive it, you need to get down and dirty. Go ahead and buy another brand, BMW knows they can't please everybody, especially those who jumped the bandwagon for a 335 for it's performance. You people aren't ready for a BMW. I'll be looking forward to your whiny threads when your Benz or Subaru gets a brake squeal or pops a tire.

:drama:

heavyD
06-19-2009, 07:05 AM

Don't call yourselves car enthusiasts when all you do is bitch about every little problem your car has. You're not a real car enthusiasts when just buy a nice car and drive it, you need to get down and dirty. Go ahead and buy another brand, BMW knows they can't please everybody, especially those who jumped the bandwagon for a 335 for it's performance. You people aren't ready for a BMW. I'll be looking forward to your whiny threads when your Benz or Subaru gets a brake squeal or pops a tire.

So a real car enthusiast should own a car that has poor dealer service and numerous problems? So to be ready for a BMW I need to ensure that I have lots of money to spend on problems that don't exist on other cars? So to be ready to own a BMW I need to start using a butt plug to make my first service experience less painful?

You are correct. I surely am not ready for the BMW experience.:)

benyl
06-19-2009, 08:40 AM

Hahahhahaha

:facepalm: :facepalm:

G
06-19-2009, 09:06 AM
This is my third BMW and by far the worst one. I had a 330ci before this that had no issues what so ever. Fuck me for not being enthusiastic about replacing my tires every 4k and for not enjoying the great brake squeal at every light.

rc2002
06-19-2009, 09:43 AM

Don't call yourselves car enthusiasts when all you do is bitch about every little problem your car has. You're not a real car enthusiasts when just buy a nice car and drive it, you need to get down and dirty...

You people aren't ready for a BMW.

Do you even think before you post? :facepalm:

BokCh0y
06-19-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm trying to sell my E46, actually considered for a while there about picking up a new 335i, mainly for the power....but when i think about the issues i've had with the car, the crappy BMW service, the douchebag tag, the way service treats me and the fools at BMW service that rip around with my car....yeah this is my LAST BMW.

As soon as i sell my E46 i'm going back to Lexus and picking up the IS350. Had the IS300...fucking solid car. Service rocks. Have an RX right now...yeah solid car and service still rocks.

Lexus FTW

Lex350
06-19-2009, 09:50 AM

isn't it nice to go through life with such low expectations!

Pahnda
06-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Some crap

While some people bitch too much about cars, saying that people aren't ready for BMW because they don't like to put up with BS service is a braindead comment... Guess we're not ready for Kia either :(

If you understood what people are saying, it's not simply the fact that BMW isn't very reliable, it's the fact the level of service can be mindblowingly bad... Having stuff break and then the people that are supposed to handle it saying "well, sux for you noob" is pretty awesome!

lilmira
06-19-2009, 09:56 AM
That's good. "Get down and dirty" should be the new slogan for BMW haha.

Instead of a picture of the car nice and shiny on the brochure, you have a picture of the car jacked up on the ground with the owner underneath fixing it. That would go really well.

Impreza
06-19-2009, 10:06 AM

Holy fucking retard. You, my friend, are the biggest fucking idiot on this forum, and that is a pretty big statement!

People like you give BMW owners the douchebag title. You're like bimmaboy ver. 2.0. Do you drive a 323i also?

T78Supra1
06-19-2009, 10:11 AM
How does every thread on beyond turn into a my penis is bigger than yours.

The OP was talking about bmw service. I don't think anyone is saying that the BMW is a reliable car, MB is a better car or that we should all go and buy EVO's or STI's.
Even comparing an STI to a BMW is ridiculous. I have owned an STI (Great car), however it is a engine in a box. The bmw's have so many more moving parts. Based on grade 5 probability, bmw's are going to have more problems.

I could be wrong but I think BMW has the same problem as Infinity and that is the number of dealerships in Calgary.

Ever since the release of the E9x's, I have seen more and more BMW's on the road. The demand on service is too high. I have noticed this big time. With my E92 m3 it took almost 2 weeks to schedule an oil change. 7 years ago my dad didn't even have to make an appointment to get his E46 oil change done.